Orange UK Hero and MCR4

Guest Weigy

Guest Weigy

Hi there,

I am currently using MCR 3.2 and am thinking about updating to V4. However I am using a locked Orange UK Hero, will V4 work ok if i dont perform the radio update? The reason I ask is their seems to be a lot of users having issues with the new radio update on Orange UK.

Thanks

Richard

Guest Dan Mullen
Hi there,

I am currently using MCR 3.2 and am thinking about updating to V4. However I am using a locked Orange UK Hero, will V4 work ok if i dont perform the radio update? The reason I ask is their seems to be a lot of users having issues with the new radio update on Orange UK.

Thanks

Richard

The ROM will work fine without updating to the latest radio.

Guest steveh2

Possibly answering my own question - oops! - current last post on MCR4 r3 says 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 unless anyone knows different?

Guest Weigy
Possibly answering my own question - oops! - current last post on MCR4 r3 says 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 unless anyone knows different?

Thanks for the advice, managed a successful update earlier on and very happy so far.

I would also like to know the latest radio version that works on Orange.

Guest Dan Mullen

That's the one.

Guest sambartle

All the radios actually work fine on Orange.. it's just that to use the very latest one that shipped with the 2.1 ROM you need to unlock your phone.

If you do unlock it works fine though (I realise you are probably asking because you don't want to unlock but I thought it was worth mentioning as I personally get better 3G signal with the latest radio than I did with the previous 'safe' one - although this isn't guaranteed of course.)

Guest Dan Mullen
Apparently, not anmore.

I can confirm that on a locked Orange UK phone, this new radio works great. Been using it since last night and it appears to be very snappy... might be all in my head, but it looks to have solved a lot of the lag I'd been experiencing when browsing.

Guest JamieGrossman
I can confirm that on a locked Orange UK phone, this new radio works great. Been using it since last night and it appears to be very snappy... might be all in my head, but it looks to have solved a lot of the lag I'd been experiencing when browsing.

when i tried installing latest radio while on 3.2, my phone would just lag and freeze, but i'ma try this considering im on 4.0 now

edit: works lovveely

Edited by JamieGrossman

Guest T39andcounting
Apparently, not anmore.

I have a locked Orange UK Hero with MCR 4 and this radio has worked for me. I was having some issues with dropped data connections (phone had good signal, but no data) so will be interesting to see if this radio fixes that.