2.1 release due in July 2010

Guest hecatae

Guest PaulZero
Woohoo!

updateavailable.png

It's been saying that for some time, and I don't think it refers to an actual phone update, rather an update to the PC software.

Perhaps someone else can confirm this.

Guest AerospaceMango
It's been saying that for some time, and I don't think it refers to an actual phone update, rather an update to the PC software.

Perhaps someone else can confirm this.

I've had it saying that for the last 2 weeks.....I don't think it's a software upgrade for the PC, I think it is in readiness for 2.1

At least, that is what I hope!!!!

Guest he6rt6gr6m

Gonna try myself in a moment, once all synchronisation and back-up is complete.

EDIT: It's not coming up with any updates.

post-566985-1284730519_thumb.jpg

Edited by he6rt6gr6m

Guest acolazarov
Gonna try myself in a moment, once all synchronisation and back-up is complete.

From twitter:

@he6rt6gr6m

1.6 Donut to 2.1 Eclair #Android update guide available for LG GT540 TODAY! Software must be incoming soon. Happy. :lol:

Guest he6rt6gr6m
The guide actualy says software not released yet :lol:

Yeah. I'm seeing if I get the message 'update available' and I'm getting nothing from either LG Update packs.

I've just noticed that my PC Suite is an old version. Updating now to check again.

Edited by he6rt6gr6m

Guest acolazarov
Yeah. I'm seeing if I get the message 'update available' and I'm getting nothing from either LG Update packs.

I've just noticed that my PC Suite is an old version. Updating now to check again.

new ver will tell u same..

The "Update Available" on that website has nothing to do with a software update. The "update available" checker as far as I am aware is to find out if a certain phone model is compataible with the LG Support Tool Update service. So basically its just telling you that the phone is capable of being updated via the support tool and that it is compatible with it..

Best page to check out is this one.

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/popup/e...=&curPage=1

All software updates appear on there when they are released. Ive noticed it gets updated quite frequently throughout the day, and even at night.

Guest he6rt6gr6m

I've only just got around to installing the Suite so being able to check for the updates and all that, is good for the day I'd have to update the thing legitimately. :lol:

I've only just got around to installing the Suite so being able to check for the updates and all that, is good for the day I'd have to update the thing legitimately. :lol:

YOu dont need the Pc suite to be able to do updates. You only need the Lg support tool.

In fact I dont actualyl think the pc suite is fully compatible with the gt540 and most of its features at the moment.

Guest he6rt6gr6m
YOu dont need the Pc suite to be able to do updates. You only need the Lg support tool.

In fact I dont actualyl think the pc suite is fully compatible with the gt540 and most of its features at the moment.

Yes, but that doesn't allow back-up.

So, has anyone got a ROM that HAS the 2.1 update via the support tool?

Yes, but that doesn't allow back-up.

So, has anyone got a ROM that HAS the 2.1 update via the support tool?

Easiest way of backing up is just to connect to usb in "mass-storage" mode, and copy direct to and frmo the SD card.

And no, no-one will have gotten a 2.1 ROM via the support tool, cos it hasnt been released yet.

Edited by new123

Guest he6rt6gr6m
Easiest way of backing up is just to connect to usb in "mass-storage" mode, and copy direct to and frmo the SD card.

What, contacts? Didn't know they were on the SD Card.

Either way, the PC Suite did it for me, and I'm happy with it.

What, contacts? Didn't know they were on the SD Card.

Either way, the PC Suite did it for me, and I'm happy with it.

Contacts will be automatically sync'd via your google account so long as you saved the contact type as google

Guest he6rt6gr6m
Contacts will be automatically sync'd via your google account so long as you saved the contact type as google

They aren't saved as a Google Contacts. I don't faff about with the Google Sync thing. I can't be bothered with it.

I'm with Virgin Media, who use Google Mail now after upgrading their offering, however the VM Mail doesn't work as a GMail account on Android devices at the moment, so I don't bother with it.

Guest RottenFoxBreath

Can always back up your contacts to the old favourite, the sim card, then just copy them back, or sync with google.

For the update to 2.1, remember to use a file manager to back up your apps, as everything on the phone, everything, will be gone.

There's going to be a lot of people reboot with zero content on their phones..photos gone, etc, if they don't back it up.

Can always back up your contacts to the old favourite, the sim card, then just copy them back, or sync with google.

For the update to 2.1, remember to use a file manager to back up your apps, as everything on the phone, everything, will be gone.

There's going to be a lot of people reboot with zero content on their phones..photos gone, etc, if they don't back it up.

i dont think photos/music will be gone, since they are stored on SD card.

Guest he6rt6gr6m

Agreed. I've already used ASTRO to back up apps. And the Photos and Videos are already over on mine as per the SD Mount option when it's plugged in. :lol: