22/Jul r3 (JG5) - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rss2k
AIUI about 2Gb of the internal memory is allocated to App storage and since on my Desire I only have a 256Mb App2SD partition and find that's more that big enough for a large collection of apps (including dalvik cache) I'm kind of curious how many programs you're planning to install ? :(

Some games, navigation (IGO8), etc. I wanted to try to install Asphalt but it complained memory was already full. And I have

far less programs installed than on my previous device (T-Mobile Pulse).

Guest jonsat
Same here, how strange... :-/

P

I'm currently reflashing with jg1 and r2... hope that Titanium Backup will work... or I'm in a mess...

In the meantime maybe it is better to stop r3 downloading in order to fix this strange bug.

Guest jonsat
People having the Titanium Superuser nag, reboot your phone and you should be fine.

No way. I'm currently restoring my apps with Titanium in r2. And batch is not working so I must do it one at a time...

Guest fredphoesh
Changelog

r3

[*]Rebuilt with JG5 release. This will be the last 'overwrite release', next version will be a full ROM that does not require an Odin flash first.

Hi there Paul,

Thanks for doing these ROMs, much appreciated mate!

Do you or anyone else know exactly what the difference would be between r2 and r3, Im wondering if it really worth the hassle of re-inputting passwords dozens of times, redoing screen layout etc...

Tx

Mark.

Guest jUsT2eXy

DO we still need to apply lag fixes? or does this rom fix all that? last time I ran out of memory as we were using some small nand data partition. the apps I have / games. .are huge files with lots of data....

Guest dan 6a
Hi there Paul,

Thanks for doing these ROMs, much appreciated mate!

Do you or anyone else know exactly what the difference would be between r2 and r3, Im wondering if it really worth the hassle of re-inputting passwords dozens of times, redoing screen layout etc...

Tx

Mark.

It has improved my quadrant benchmark to 980 without mimocan sd card fix which is pretty wicked..

I am having trouble putting my own apk's in a zip , ill post on appropriate thread..

but superuser is bugging me even after 2 reboots....

Guest fredphoesh
It has improved my quadrant benchmark to 980 without mimocan sd card fix which is pretty wicked..

I am having trouble putting my own apk's in a zip , ill post on appropriate thread..

but superuser is bugging me even after 2 reboots....

Thanks Dan,

I think Im gonna wait till the sd fix is part of the rom. Doing it manually didnt work for me, so that alone would be worth any hassle of setting up again.

Cheers,

Mark.

Guest Low Keng Siang

I am having problem flashing to stock JG5. Previously i was running rooted I9000ZSJF7. After the flashing of JG5 was done, it booted and half way, it went into recovery mode and below are the error message:

update media, please wait

E:Can't mount /dev/block/st110

(Invalid argument)

E:copy_dbdata_media:Can't mount DBDATA:

copy default media content failed

anybody know what's went wrong?

i tried flash back to JF7 and it went through.

Guest MAMBO04

Paul, awesome ROM, i just donated because i want to create a ROM with the online kitchen :(

well done mate, very slick and i've tried all other ROMs and this is by far the best. Only thing i would say is if it was themed that would be great, i would theme the phone myself but i just got it so am still figuring it out.

thanks!

Guest bondis
I am having problem flashing to stock JG5. Previously i was running rooted I9000ZSJF7. After the flashing of JG5 was done, it booted and half way, it went into recovery mode and below are the error message:

(Invalid argument)

I had the same problem, but when i changed pit file (when flashing from odin) to s1_odin_20100512.pit everyting was OK

Guest Low Keng Siang
I had the same problem, but when i changed pit file (when flashing from odin) to s1_odin_20100512.pit everyting was OK

really? my pit file 513, can i have your 512 pit file? or any idea where i can download it?

Guest 3sade
Hey Paul!

Thanks for the heads up! Great job, really looking forward to it :(

What about HTC's Sense UI, will it be possible to port it to the Galaxy S, or will that be really difficult?

Thanks for the great efford, peace!

Does anyone have a clue about this?

Would be appriciated!

Guest MAMBO04

Yeah, it's here :(

EDIT: and to the guy above, about the HTC Sense UI, it will take a lot of time and effort to port that because they are wrapped in HTC's drivers and framework, and porting it to our phone which has Samsung Drivers etc will be very tough because of the limitations. Don't expect it anytime soon, unless i am wrong :(

s1_odin_20100512.rar

Edited by MAMBO04

Guest Low Keng Siang
Yeah, it's here :(

EDIT: and to the guy above, about the HTC Sense UI, it will take a lot of time and effort to port that because they are wrapped in HTC's drivers and framework, and porting it to our phone which has Samsung Drivers etc will be very tough because of the limitations. Don't expect it anytime soon, unless i am wrong :(

thanks a lot.

Guest Sim-1

In order to make the JG5 work I had to use the .512 pit file AND flah re-partition in Odin. Otherwise the phone didn't boot (black screen after boot).

Guest aeo087

(Invalid argument)

Use pit file 512, not 513, that should solve your problem.

Guest Kilack
Does it make sense to use in the MCR scripts the Lagfix.sh one? I can't remember what it does..

copies the apps to the faster nand which is limited in space (130 megs). Easy to reverse.

Guest Sim-1
copies the apps to the faster nand which is limited in space (130 megs). Easy to reverse.

Easy as there is a guide somewhere around these pages?? :(

Don't want to mess up the phone with scripts I don't know how to undo.