22/Jul r3 (JG5) - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul, Flashed r3 onto my Captivate yesterday and had the following issue:

whenever i activate a text field with Swype i get the following message:

the application Swype(process com.swype.android.inputmethod) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.. dumpstate_app_201009181252_com_swype_android_inputmethod.log has been saved.

i can get you the logcat if you like, but mostly i'm looking for a fast fix, i'm digging the rest of the rom. thanks!

Paul r you here man ??

because i really need to know if we should expect future roms for SGS since it's the only reason for me to buy an ad free account !! and I only used online Kitchen ONE TIME to download r5 !!

waiting for your reply and keep up the good work man

it's sad that the n1 gets so much love but the galaxy s is getting no support whatsoever-great phone and lots of potential-especially now that the source has dropped for froyo.anyone have any leads on better supported roms (pref froyo)? The modaco rom is just too unstable, and the lack of support is unbearable.

Thanks!

Paul r you here man ??

because i really need to know if we should expect future roms for SGS since it's the only reason for me to buy an ad free account !! and I only used online Kitchen ONE TIME to download r5 !!

waiting for your reply and keep up the good work man

Well, I also purchased AD free account to be able to use online kitchen for Galaxy S and i'm still waiting to actually use it for the first time :lol:

As someone who has also paid, I think these are valid points, or refunds should be administered.

As someone who has also paid, I think these are valid points, or refunds should be administered.

Yeah, I'm not gonna whine for my money back or anything, but I'm not gonna hang around here for roms anymore. There are many other custom roms that are updated often, so I'm gonna stick to those... And next time my money goes to those people. I'm talking DocRambone, Tayutama, and of course Supercurio for his Voodoo project.

But nothing has been promised, remember that. There was no banner stating "New MoDaCo Galaxy S roms will be released every month" or anything. And all the roms are available as pre-bake, for free. I paid because I want to support the people who work hard to make our phones awesome. And from now on, I am looking elsewhere. Buh-bye!

Yeah, I'm not gonna whine for my money back or anything, but I'm not gonna hang around here for roms anymore. There are many other custom roms that are updated often, so I'm gonna stick to those... And next time my money goes to those people. I'm talking DocRambone, Tayutama, and of course Supercurio for his Voodoo project.

But nothing has been promised, remember that. There was no banner stating "New MoDaCo Galaxy S roms will be released every month" or anything. And all the roms are available as pre-bake, for free. I paid because I want to support the people who work hard to make our phones awesome. And from now on, I am looking elsewhere. Buh-bye!

When I had my Desire, I had never even heard of xda. Now with my SGS that's my main point of call rather than here.

I am a big fan of Tayutama's ROM for JM8, seems very reliable and quick. I didn't even realise initially that I'd forgotten about the lagfix until I checked Quadrant score. Then I whacked Voodoo Beta4 on it and voila, is faster than my Desire used to be!

When I had my Desire, I had never even heard of xda. Now with my SGS that's my main point of call rather than here.

I am a big fan of Tayutama's ROM for JM8, seems very reliable and quick. I didn't even realise initially that I'd forgotten about the lagfix until I checked Quadrant score. Then I whacked Voodoo Beta4 on it and voila, is faster than my Desire used to be!

Yeah, Tayutama or Doc's + Voodoo is incredible... The phone is really flying and is a true joy to use. Samsung should hire those guys and give them good salaries to just go nuts and create roms and fixes. But I guess if they worked for Samsung they would have to adhere to Samsungs rules and guidelines - that's why the stock roms have problems. I'm sure the Samsung developers are just as talented as these guys, but they can't do anything that Samsung doesn't approve of...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest barumpuhabalen
Gents, good evening.

Will this rom works smoothly in a I9000B phone?

Best regards,

Roberto

Well there is only one way of finding out really...

Guest Dan Mullen
now official froyo is released...how about a new MCR?? xD

It hasn't been officially released yet, so at the moment it's still just a leak like all the other Froyo builds. As soon as Samsung officially release it - any day now - I'm sure there'll be loads of developers releasing ROMs, including Paul :)

Guest Need_A_Username
It hasn't been officially released yet, so at the moment it's still just a leak like all the other Froyo builds. As soon as Samsung officially release it - any day now - I'm sure there'll be loads of developers releasing ROMs, including Paul :)

I thought it was officially released yesterday through kies?

Guest MAMBO04

True, but JP6 seems to be the final one, as source code has been released. It's been a while Paul, any hope for a ROM now? :)

Guest ilbulgaro

it's already officialy released...for now only in scandinavia...the rest of europe stars monday...xD

with the reg hack to have nordic product code (XEE) you can already update via kies

Guest Dan Mullen
it's already officialy released...for now only in scandinavia...the rest of europe stars monday...xD

with the reg hack to have nordic product code (XEE) you can already update via kies

They pulled it from Kies yesterday then made an announcement to say that they are making a few final tweaks before releasing first in Scandinavia, then the rest of Europe and further afield.

Guest ilbulgaro
They pulled it from Kies yesterday then made an announcement to say that they are making a few final tweaks before releasing first in Scandinavia, then the rest of Europe and further afield.

really they say that are making new tweaks?

Can you please link the announcement? xD

Thanks 4 the INFO

Guest mobydeek

Currently on JP1, how do i flash JG5? (do i rename to update.zip, then 3button boot into recovery to flash)

And then do the same with Modaco r3 ? (update.zip ... etc)

EDIT: nevermind... figured it was Odin when i unzipped it

***Does it matter that my Country code is now KOR and not XEU?

Edited by mobydeek

Guest roamingchicken

I flashed the JG5 ROM that was linked in the description, but I'm unable to root it. The recovery ROM is different; volume up/down keys are reversed and the power button doesn't actually select anything.

Anybody else experience this? I saw this error in the recovery:

"multicsc : can not acces to /system/csc/TMB/system/" (with the typo)

Also, at the top it says "Samsung Recovery Utils - for BML -" The part about BML is new after flashing JG5.

Guest mobydeek
I flashed the JG5 ROM that was linked in the description, but I'm unable to root it. The recovery ROM is different; volume up/down keys are reversed and the power button doesn't actually select anything.

Anybody else experience this? I saw this error in the recovery:

"multicsc : can not acces to /system/csc/TMB/system/" (with the typo)

Also, at the top it says "Samsung Recovery Utils - for BML -" The part about BML is new after flashing JG5.

are these instructions not for the Galaxy S only ?

u may have a better response in the XDA Developers Vibrant Q&A section

Guest Rishi Suri

i have bricked my epic it does not start, i only get the samsung on the screen , and i can only connect my phone to a pc using odin, tried all the tar files available for epic but all results are fail, want to try a customised rom how can i flash your rom using odin.

i have bricked my epic it does not start, i only get the samsung on the screen , and i can only connect my phone to a pc using odin, tried all the tar files available for epic but all results are fail, want to try a customised rom how can i flash your rom using odin.

Check out XDA forums for help. It's not bricked if you can get the samsung screen.

Can you get into three button download? Hold volume down, home and power - does it give a yellow screen?

If so, completely fixable!

Guest mobydeek

Im currently on the Modaco Custom ROM, and Kies is updated to 1.5.3.10103.100

Froyo JPO is out, but Kies wont let me upgrade because im not on JF3?

How would I upgrade to Froyo now ?