22/Jul r3 (JG5) - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bigbadwolfie

I've experienced some sort of memory leakage since flashing. After 12 hours or so of music, email, internet (built-in and Dolphin HD) my available RAM was down to less than 70Mb, this was still after using Advanced Task Killer. After reboot it was back up at 155Mb.

Guest LadFromWales

Perhaps I'm being an idiot or something.

But, after flashing to JFB and then flashing the update.zip for MCR, the phone boots up and gives me mass force closes.

Am I supposed to root after installing JFB via odin?

Guest Daniel L
Thanks Paul!

Just installed this and done the stall fix. Phone is certainly flying now, not that it was exactly slow beforehand.

Only issue I noticed was that Daily Briefing gets installed whether you choose to or not.

Looking forward to future goodies!

Same here, Phone is superfast but Daily Briefing is still installed.

Guest tanzhjoash

Sorry.. i know this may sound stupid..

But where can i download the ROM? i don't see any links in the first post..

Is donating and using online kitchen the only way to download?

Someone please help me... i really want to check this rom out

Guest bambibio
Sorry.. i know this may sound stupid..

But where can i download the ROM? i don't see any links in the first post..

Is donating and using online kitchen the only way to download?

Someone please help me... i really want to check this rom out

By donating, yes.

Guest tanzhjoash
By donating, yes.

alright thanks.. must have missed the word 'only' in the sentence with the red font in the first post

Guest gravityz3r0
By donating, yes.

Only for early access, for non donor, you will get a little bit later, or called "Pre-baked". Normally a week later or so. So everybody will get it in the end :lol:

Guest gravityz3r0
By donating, yes.

Only for early access, for non donor, you will get a little bit later, or called "Pre-baked". Normally a week later or so. So everybody will get it in the end :lol:

Guest FerdiBorbon

Hey Paul just a quickie, i baked my rom without the live wallpapers, because i didnt want the stock ones, but when i install a third party live paper from the market, i cant load it on my home page.. i only get the option of Gallery & Wallapers (Launcher Pro)

Guest Daniel L
Hey Paul just a quickie, i baked my rom without the live wallpapers, because i didnt want the stock ones, but when i install a third party live paper from the market, i cant load it on my home page.. i only get the option of Gallery & Wallapers (Launcher Pro)

same here..

i make a little video of the rom incl. the speed hack

Guest gravityz3r0

I'm not sure if this is happening to others.

After flashing and update the ROM, my my market (or is it the barcode scanner itself?) will crash whenever i tried to open some address with barcode scanner, which in the form of "market://"

However, if i run market independently then it's fine.

I have not tried this before flashing and updating this ROM so i do not know if this problem arises from this update.

Edited by gravityz3r0

Guest Paul
hi Paul,

after flashing your rom, the samsung live wall paper becomes black image ....

:lol:

Yes, they will be fixed in the next build...

P

Guest Mahagon-Coral

Seems that I'm just too dumb, but could anyone tell me what exactly I must do to flash this rom?

At the moment I tried renaming the file to "update.zip", put it on my sd card's root and booted in recovery mode (by pressing vol down/home/power)...

I'm totally unable to figure out whether this adb prog has to be involved and if so, how ...

help much appreciated!

Guest Ash_786
Seems that I'm just too dumb, but could anyone tell me what exactly I must do to flash this rom?

At the moment I tried renaming the file to "update.zip", put it on my sd card's root and booted in recovery mode (by pressing vol down/home/power)...

I'm totally unable to figure out whether this adb prog has to be involved and if so, how ...

help much appreciated!

You need to have root system access to your phone in order to upgrade the operating system. Follow these instructions :

http://android.modaco.com/content/samsung-...ng-my-galaxy-s/

Once completed, try this again.

Guest Ash_786
i am trying to install downloading JFB? i clickon the JFB download but it only show up as JF5, is this right?

Thats right. There were some naming mix ups by the site hosting the files :lol:

Guest Ash_786

Anyway, updated myself to this one. Did a straight update without a wipe and I was surprised that all my data / apps were still intact. I would have presumed it would have cleared all data / apps.

Guest Mahagon-Coral

My main question is concerning that adb commad line prog...

When i try the descripted commands it always tells me that the parameters are wrong...

How do i have to connect my device to the pc to perform this update? Or do i have to run the linux version of adb on my phone?