Pulse Mini Apps/games

Guest damnsmalldan

Guest damnsmalldan

Hello.

I'm going to buy a T-mobile Pulse Mini (aka Huawei u8110)

Literally all i can afford atm.. and i really want an Android phone.

Anyway, i was wondering if anyone could recommend some good apps and games?

It has a 320x240 QVGA screen in case anyone was wondering.

Thanks.

Guest alyeo82
Hello.

I'm going to buy a T-mobile Pulse Mini (aka Huawei u8110)

Literally all i can afford atm.. and i really want an Android phone.

Anyway, i was wondering if anyone could recommend some good apps and games?

It has a 320x240 QVGA screen in case anyone was wondering.

Thanks.

I did the same, I couldn't justify an expensive contract and the Pulse Mini does nearly everything its big brothers can do.

Games, I have this selection of simple but fun and addictive free games on mine, all available from the market place.

Toss It, Basket Ball Lite, Labyrinth, Jewels, Scrambled Net, Mazeoid (pacman), airhockey.

As for apps, it's more to do with personal preference, there are a lot out there. I love Guardian Anywhere, it downloads the guardian web feed overnight so I have all the content on my phone all day. I use Palmary Weather as my main weather app. I like Opera Mini 5 as a browser, I highly recomend the BBC news feed, Google listen is good for finding radio stations, RAC traffic app is very good, I like OS Map... and on. I certainly recommend you install Google voice search.

One of my favorites but totally useless apps is the tricorder, it displays data from all the sensors in your phone.

These are all free apps, I reckon that should be enough to get you going.

Just one other thought, you can get apps directly downloaded from Androidlib and androidfreeware.org - some apps there that you can't get on the market place. The Beeb player (BBC Iplayer clone) that got taken off the market place is still available from one of these sites.

As you can probably tell, I'm loving my Pulse Mini, hope you enjoy yours.

Guest spaceboy_100

Hi,

Don't be afraid of this phone - in my opinion it is massively underrated, but I suggest you remove some of the widgets and cut down on home screens to improve performance.

First thing you need is a task killer - for those moments when you need the extra speed. I suggest TaskPanel, which lets you set up an ignore list and an autokill list to help keep things zippy.

For games I recommend Jewels - an excellent free version of bejewelled on the market. There are plenty of games on the market, and most work fine on the Pulse mini, the 3D ones tend to chug a bit though.

For web browsing I recommend the Dolphin Web browser, and I suggest installing a better keyboard than the default one. 'Big Buttons' works well with the small screen size. 'Better Keyboard' costs £2.99 but is worth the cost in my opinion.

Finally don't forget to update Google Maps, so you get the Sat Nav functionality - it works great on the phone.

I hope this is helpful. There is a fair amount of good advice on this forum.

Guest alyeo82
Hi,

Don't be afraid of this phone - in my opinion it is massively underrated, but I suggest you remove some of the widgets and cut down on home screens to improve performance.

First thing you need is a task killer - for those moments when you need the extra speed. I suggest TaskPanel, which lets you set up an ignore list and an autokill list to help keep things zippy.

For games I recommend Jewels - an excellent free version of bejewelled on the market. There are plenty of games on the market, and most work fine on the Pulse mini, the 3D ones tend to chug a bit though.

For web browsing I recommend the Dolphin Web browser, and I suggest installing a better keyboard than the default one. 'Big Buttons' works well with the small screen size. 'Better Keyboard' costs £2.99 but is worth the cost in my opinion.

Finally don't forget to update Google Maps, so you get the Sat Nav functionality - it works great on the phone.

I hope this is helpful. There is a fair amount of good advice on this forum.

Yes yes, big omission on my behalf, you will definitely need a task killer. I use “Advanced Task Killer”, sounds very similar to “Task Panel.” Other utilities are also handy I’d recommend a volume control, I use “Smart Volume” and get a file browser, I use “Astro”.

Guest damnsmalldan

Thanks for the replies :)

Yeah, i was worried that i might be disappointed with it due to the small screen etc.

There are lots of bad reviews for it, but i will see soon :D

Some reviews say that there are a lot of apps missing from the market.

How well does Abduction! work? That looks awesome :P

I don't want to get a £30 a month contract... just too expensive.

Do live wallpapers work well?

Thanks.