MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest flamethrower

hello all

after a few slight issues with other roms I installed this one yesterday and its been very stable and i am suitably impressed

however, I do have one small issue... i can no longer connect to my wi-fi network at home? its a wpa2/psk security enabled one.

i can instantly connect to one at my workplace, and random ones when walking about.. but annoyingly i cant connect to the one i use the most!

I see from a few searches other people have had similar issues, I wonder if there is a fix for this?

thanks!

Guest gregDT

You could check to see if the rogue wifi point is stored as a remembered wifi connection in your phones wifi settings page. If it is, and theoretically it should be, you could completely remove it and try to relocate and reconnect with it. This worked for me at my local coffee shop.

Guest flamethrower

yeah will give that a go.. although as i did a full wipe before hand its unlikely it would have remembered the connection in the 1st place?

anyway, will try on my lunch and see what happens

Guest abs_rio

I've just rooted and flashed by desire with the r5 rom with A2SD.

Do I still need to partition the memory card in order to use A2SD?

And if so would I do this from the HBOOT menu > recovery (clockworkmod) > partitions menu > format sdcard?

Can someone just confirm this please. Many thanks.

Edited by abs_rio

Guest flamethrower
Can someone just confirm this please. Many thanks.

hi, i formatted my card by using rom manager when booted

re my wifi problem.. it appears ok now :)

however i have one more issue!

i have tried to flash the nexus-bios-boot.zip file.. which i had working on 2.1 and also on 2.2 with someone else's rom

however.. it doesn't appear to work, it shows me the "quietly brilliant" standard boot animation

any ideas on this one?

Guest abs_rio

thanks. i've done it now that i installed rom manager.

newbie question...does a2sd work in the background now? as in do i just install apps normally via the market or htc sync?

Guest monkeysmith
Everytime I start recording through the camcorder, regardless of which res, it freezes and the phone restarts. Any help?

Have you updated the radio? Had the same issue but somewhere in this post someone suggested updating the radio then resetting default camera options. Worked for me.

Version I'm using: 32.43.00.32U_5.09.00.20

Edited by monkeysmith

Guest omz123
Have you updated the radio? Had the same issue but somewhere in this post someone suggested updating the radio then resetting default camera options. Worked for me.

Version I'm using: 32.43.00.32U_5.09.00.20

Thanks heaps monkeysmith, dowloaded the radio and it worked like a charm :)

Guest appetere

I'am running this CR with AP2SD+ without any adds from kitchen with Radio 32.43.00.32U_5.09.00.20. I've installed both via Rom manager and so far everything is working fine. But now when I try to install other CR I get following error message:

Writing BOOT:...

mtd: not writing bad block at 0x00060000

mtd: not writing bad block at 0x00080000

E:Error finishing BOOT:

Could somebody help me?

Thanks in advance!

Guest Nagrom2608

Hi guys.

Okay so I baked a new ROM from this Kitchen, with everything bar boot sound, Stocks, and all Social site linked apps apart from Facebook.

As far as I can tell, I rooted okay, and installed it fine.

However......

Since I did this update, I can no longer download picture messages.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I've checked out other forums, and it seems like this is a similar problem to one that is a known issue with older versions of Android. Tips have included, turning off Wi-Fi, and turning ON mobile Network. All the suggestions I have tried haven't worked.

I had no problems at all with 'droid 2.1, just after I flashed this ROM.

Any help would be HUGELY apriciated.

Andy

Guest afiorillo

The only issue in this nearly perfect ROM is the old one: the music player stops as a notification sound or another multimedia playback is fired (i.e. a Google Maps Navigation vocal prompt). It happens using a Bluetooth headset only.

Guest akong702

Hi new to the forums. I downloaded the ROM and when i flash and it's installing im getting failed install with missing line 45 etc.. Can someone help me out with installing the desire rom on my nexus one frf91?

Guest howlep
Hi new to the forums. I downloaded the ROM and when i flash and it's installing im getting failed install with missing line 45 etc.. Can someone help me out with installing the desire rom on my nexus one frf91?

this rom is for the htc desire, NOT the nexus one

Guest indieladadam
this rom is for the htc desire, NOT the nexus one

i genuinely never noticed this before myself lol.. its cos the nexus rom is linked to this thread for the specs.. plus im sure before they changed the kitchen format that i mannaged to install it lol =/ ha thanks for pointin this out anywayz

Guest Nagrom2608
Hi guys.

Okay so I baked a new ROM from this Kitchen, with everything bar boot sound, Stocks, and all Social site linked apps apart from Facebook.

As far as I can tell, I rooted okay, and installed it fine.

However......

Since I did this update, I can no longer download picture messages.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I've checked out other forums, and it seems like this is a similar problem to one that is a known issue with older versions of Android. Tips have included, turning off Wi-Fi, and turning ON mobile Network. All the suggestions I have tried haven't worked.

I had no problems at all with 'droid 2.1, just after I flashed this ROM.

Any help would be HUGELY apriciated.

Andy

Anyone help with this issue???

Getting VERY desperate now

Anyone help with this issue???

Getting VERY desperate now

check the apn settings and see if they compare with others online, infact just create and use new apn settings if mms still not working after a reboot.

Guest Nagrom2608
take r8 ... why use this old version? :D

Old version? I thought it was up to date. This ROM just came highly recommended from a member of the Android Forums.

Guest Nagrom2608
check the apn settings and see if they compare with others online, infact just create and use new apn settings if mms still not working after a reboot.

Okay colour me stoopid, but what's the APN settings? I'm a total noob so don't laugh LOL

Okay my bad. Found it, and changed it. Seems to have worked YAY!!!

Thanks a million

Edited by Nagrom2608

Okay colour me stoopid, but what's the APN settings? I'm a total noob so don't laugh LOL

Okay my bad. Found it, and changed it. Seems to have worked YAY!!!

Thanks a million

No worries :D

Guest Endrus

I am using r5 ROM and with ROM manager I flashed Superuser 2.3.1 ef (eclair/froyo) version

The result is lack of su access and I can't reflash old backup lacking of su access. Good huh?

What should I do?

Reroot the device or just reflash r5 or any other ROM?

---------------------------------------------------------------

{EDITED}

Reflashing with a kitchen fresh ROM solved the problem.

Edited by Endrus