MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

I like the R5 build very much, works very smooth.

However, I have a small problem. Don't know if it has been mentioned before, but with the latest R5 builds the network location can't be determined on my Desire. I like the Sense clock / weather widget, so I reverted to R4,

now everything works fine again.

What could be the problem, and is there a fix?

not sure if this solves it but i ran the setup and noticed the "use my location" wasnt checked. i have it checked now but havent had the chance to test it out.

Guest fatboygrim

Hi Paul - been using your R5 WIP for two days now, and all working perfectly so far, no bugs to report apart from the already mentioned "need to turn phone off if you use the alarm but don't have HTC lock screen" issue :(

One (minor) feature request - any chance of adding a "reboot" option to the power menu?

Thanks for your hard work, and an excellent ROM!

Guest Tjeutje
Works for me here on R5. Did you do a full wipe?

(As always, do a Nandroid backup before you do anything...)

Maybe a good idea would be to post what packages you've removed in the kitchen.

I didn't do a full wipe. However, I flashed several times without doing a wipe, and never had problems.

About the flashing: as far as I know I didn't remove any HTC application, except the Stocks application. However, I noticed that the Google News and Weather application is picking up my network location correctly, so now I'm a bit confused.

I'm gonna rebuild the rom to make sure I don't miss something important.

Guest scarecrow2012
Hi Paul - been using your R5 WIP for two days now, and all working perfectly so far, no bugs to report apart from the already mentioned "need to turn phone off if you use the alarm but don't have HTC lock screen" issue :(

No need to turn the phone off go to settings/ applications/ manage applications/ running/ clock, then select Force stop. Don't know if you have to set the alarm again for it to work the next day if your using it to wake up every morning, though.

Guest Odroid

A2SD+ problem in Froyo R5

Hi everyone!

I recently installed the R5 with A2SD+ on my 16GB card. Strangely my phone keeps crashing while running apps, and eventually it goes into a continuous boot loop.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I'm using the R5 without A2SD+ and no problems with that so far.

- My A2SD+ partition comes after the FAT32 partition

- Ext3 partition size is around 700 MB (could this be a problem? Is 512 the ideal size?)

Is there a fix for this? Should I use the standard A2SD? Is my partition size wrong? Or is it a Froyo/A2SD compatibility problem?

Guest Milos SK

Hi everyone!

I recently installed the R5 with A2SD+ on my 16GB card. Strangely my phone keeps crashing while running apps, and eventually it goes into a continuous boot loop.

- Ext3 partition size is around 700 MB (could this be a problem? Is 512 the ideal size?)

Is there a fix for this? Should I use the standard A2SD? Is my partition size wrong? Or is it a Froyo/A2SD compatibility problem?

Hi, it shouldn't be problem with the size, you should have even bigger size. I've get same problem (with MCR 2.1). I repartitioned my SD card so ext3 partition is first and fat32 second and then it works. Now I am using this froyo ROM with A2SD+ and it still works.

Guest dareal

Hi everyone!

i used "rom manager" to partition my card, its working well. have a look at it.

Guest klutsh
Really strange... But do you have a Hero?

Lol, I do, but am working on fixing all bug's on the desire 2.06 builds, that message is just the notification handcent push's to the system to test, same on any device.

Edited by klutsh

Guest Odroid
Hi, it shouldn't be problem with the size, you should have even bigger size. I've get same problem (with MCR 2.1). I repartitioned my SD card so ext3 partition is first and fat32 second and then it works. Now I am using this froyo ROM with A2SD+ and it still works.

Really? That's strange. I switched the order of my partitions to fat32 first and ext3 second, because that's what is says in the Kitchen:

This option adds an A2SD script to the startup process. This version also moved dalvik-cache to SD. To use A2SD, you should partition your SD card to have a FAT32 partition first, then an EXT3 partition second. Ext4 is NOT supported. If you include this option, do NOT include the A2SD option.

I'll try repartitioning my card then. Hopefully it will result in a more stable install of Froyo. Still it is a bit strange that this is opposite of the recommended partition order.

Guest LouiS22
Lol, I do, but am working on fixing all bug's on the desire 2.06 builds, that message is just the notification handcent push's to the system to test, same on any device.

Yeah, I see... I don't remember clearly how Handcent's developer solved the LED thingy... I've juest tested and all the colors are correctly working with my Desire. Strange...

If you want, I could do a logcat of my Desire, maybe you'll find what's OK here and what's wrong there.

Edited by LouiS22

Guest tommo123

help,

upgraded to this yesterday and all fine (ish), but the videos i made previously that played fine with mcr3.1 are not ok, stuttery for a sec, ok for a few secs then stuttery again. these are AVC videos : 800x400 res.

any ideas? can't see how video playback has gone back a step

when are the prebakes available? :-)

The are available right now. Simply click on the link to purchase an Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus subscription. :-)

Guest acrickie

I've seen a couple of mentions of bluetooth headsets but I am unable to get mine to work.

Bluetooth scan finds both my PCs and allows pairing no problems.

Both PCs can see the headset OK.

Scan from desire finishes very quickly but will not see my Jabra BT250v headset - which was paired and working quite happily with my old stock 2.1 ROM?

Any suggestions anyone?

thanks

Guest StuMcBill
Took auto-brightness off and set it to 40ish pct, as per your advise. Running DeFrost 800mv I am down to 71% since my last post from yesterday with somewhat lighter usage than usually ... simply amazing. I actually wish I could keep 2G off in my area since 3G reception is significantly better. I get nearly full bars on 3G/H and 1-2 when on 2G ... odd, but probably has something to do with antenna in my area. The switch over sometimes kills my gtalk as Android still isn't stellar handling handover from 2G to 3G to WiFi and vice versa.

Then again my Desire appears to be unique, for lack of a better word, I've been having mixed luck with some of the other ROMs in terms of battery ... unusually high processor loads even when in standby, phone wouldn't go into standby at all, 100 to 90 pct w/in seconds, display sucking 99% perpetually ... and it can handle 800mV kernel w/o a hitch whereas other Desires exhibit weird behaviour, go figure.

I don't know enough to tell the difference in the sources for the ROMS. Heck what Paul and other enthusiasts do is "magical" to me :( But I've noticed that MDC, Open Desire, DJ-D and CM tend to exhibit similar battery life issues ... at least judging from the forums Perhaps, things will improve with the next Froyo leak unless FR91 is the final before Gingerbread hits the scene.

Are you using an 800mV kernel with this rom? (MCR r5?)

Guest acrickie
I've seen a couple of mentions of bluetooth headsets but I am unable to get mine to work.

Bluetooth scan finds both my PCs and allows pairing no problems.

Both PCs can see the headset OK.

Scan from desire finishes very quickly but will not see my Jabra BT250v headset - which was paired and working quite happily with my old stock 2.1 ROM?

Any suggestions anyone?

thanks

OK forget it - problem between phone and user - impatience I think - seems to work OK now.

Guest Odroid
i used "rom manager" to partition my card, its working well. have a look at it.

Yeah, I saw that option too. The largest partition size is 512 MB. I'd like it to be a little bigger than that.

But is this an automated process that wipes all the current partitions off your card and repartitions it?

I'm also wondering: do you know what partition order you end up with? ext3/fat32 of fat32/ext3?

Guest Tjeutje
Works for me here on R5. Did you do a full wipe?

(As always, do a Nandroid backup before you do anything...)

Maybe a good idea would be to post what packages you've removed in the kitchen.

I did a full wipe, this fixed my problem. The weather widget is refreshed properly now. Thanks!

Guest nirrub

Found a problem

When I first booted into the new ROM, I configured my personal gmail account. Everything is fine with that.

The problem is that my second gmail account (my company's google apps gmail) is not working properly - when I add a new account it only shows 2 options to sync: contacts and calendar - no Gmail. when I exit it and go back in the gmail option is there but its not marked. When I mark it, an initial sync happens. After that initial sync, it does not sync automatically even though it's set to - I have to manually update it to work with it (which just means that I can't work with it)

Anyone can help on this issue? My work mail is a must and it's a deal breaker for me :-)

Thanks in advance!

Guest DiscoHero
Are you using an 800mV kernel with this rom? (MCR r5?)

No no. I am on DeFrost ROM and 800mV kernel. I can only wish there was a fork of Paul's ROM with 800mV kernel :(

Guest FloHimself
Found a problem

When I first booted into the new ROM, I configured my personal gmail account. Everything is fine with that.

The problem is that my second gmail account (my company's google apps gmail) is not working properly - when I add a new account it only shows 2 options to sync: contacts and calendar - no Gmail. when I exit it and go back in the gmail option is there but its not marked. When I mark it, an initial sync happens. After that initial sync, it does not sync automatically even though it's set to - I have to manually update it to work with it (which just means that I can't work with it)

Anyone can help on this issue? My work mail is a must and it's a deal breaker for me :-)

Thanks in advance!

Where (at what menu) do you try to add the work account?

Guest EddyOS
Found a problem

Thanks in advance!

If you configure your work email first does that work? If so, do that and have your personal as manual sync

Guest maati
I do. :(

P

Well, then...

Anything about the fly-in/out animations when opening/closing apps? I wonder how HTC have removed them?

Edited by maati

Guest nirrub

I added my new account from the Accounts&Sync menu in the Settings. When it was set up, Only calendar and contacts were the options. I went to the gmail app, chose the new account and it told me that I wasn't synced and that I could do so manually through the menu button or automatically through the Accounts&Sync menu. I went there into my second account and now there was an option to also sync gmail. I clicked it, it syncs once (and brings me my mail), and never again unless I do so manually.

I do want 2 accounts to sync automatically (personal and work) as that was my previous configuration and it worked.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards