MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dancedreamfly
I just flashed the modified prop too, but it doesn't work... :)

Have you tried installing MarketAccess? Can you see Tapatalk Pro? Maybe you didn't flash the build.prop correctly.

Guest h0mer_
Also got rid of

adb shell rm /system/app/PicoTts.*

adb shell rm /system/app/TtsService.*

adb shell rm /system/app/HtcMusic.*

adb shell rm /system/app/HtcRingToneTrimmer.*

What is the adb command to list/view a directory's contents/files? If one exists.

Ta :)

Guest Spellcaster Lukian
What is the adb command to list/view a directory's contents/files? If one exists.

Learn your linux commands. 'ls'.

Guest Noonski

Or don't learn them like me and use Astro File Explorer to check the folder.

Guest ElDiablo77

Hi Paul (or anybody) since flashing this rom I have no internet over 3G. WiFi works fine...in fact everything works fine but the 3G & location 4 weather.

The fone was bought not supplied from operator & I use an orange sim.

Hope some1 can help....or should I just reflash?

1st time I tried 2 flash this it was stuck @ htc 1st screen so I format & repartitioned my sd card & second flash was fine

Edited by ElDiablo77

Guest Noonski
Hi Paul (or anybody) since flashing this rom I have no internet over 3G. WiFi works fine...in fact everything works fine but the 3G & location 4 weather.

It's been dealt with before, you have to setup your Provider APN manually and save it.

Or check Klutsh's posts for instructions to push APN xml file or add the update_signed.zip I posted earlier which includes the xml.

Guest Noonski
worked! location (google maps, weather widget,...) is back...

thank you!

Thanks for both your confirms.

I will update the Personal.zip with it.

And also add in Klutsh his modified Launcher2.

PS: @Klutsh i did not clear Cache before removing HTC lock screen and went alright.

Or did you mean the application cache in application manager?

Edited by Noonski

Guest DiscoHero

Don't re-flash. This ROM is missing APN info for some operators, as mentioned before. Just google YourOperator APN and put the info in Network Settings, voila.

Anyhow, some general comments:

1. Location doesn't seem to work properly. No idea why and not crucial but nonetheless. Maps and regular GPS work just fine.

2. In Sense/Rosie-less version the Telephone button shortcut gives an error "... Application not installed ...". I'm guessing Google's dialer is not present hence the error. Had to re-flash w/ Sense/Rosie.

3. Some applications are gone from the market due to google's copy protection, I suppose.

Otherwise, everything appears to be working fine.

Guest h0mer_
Learn your linux commands. 'ls'.

Or don't learn them like me and use Astro File Explorer to check the folder.

Thanks guys, I was stuck with my Windows hat on.

Guest Noonski
Oke here's the zip file i'm using to fix the issues that have seen fixes in the thread.

The Zip Includes
BuildProp for Missing Paid Apps in Market. (forgot who originally posted it @XDA)
klutsh apns-conf.xml fix for APN setup.
Wifi-N fix + HSDPA missing Icon Fix + Colourfull icons for Taskbar + Curcle Percentage Battery From alcor75 @XDA
(only found this together and it also adds a few coloured icons to a few menu's, Which sucks, but I don't know how to easily edit and sign .apk files)
Black HTC Peeping Droid Boot screen.
Patched Launcher2.apk from Klutsh to fix Phone Shortcut.
NetworkLocation.apk for location issue from meLIanTQ @XDA
ModInstallLocation.v1.apk from barrons @XDA to change install location for Native Android A2SD.

If you don't want the Black HTC Quietly Brilliant Bootscreen with the Peeping Android.
Remove The "customize" folder from System.
If you don't want the Coloured Icons and Circle % Battery remove the "framework" folder from "System".
Removing this will also NOT FIX the missing HSDPA icon.
Add the personal.zip to your Prebake.
http://www.multiupload.com/ZEYMVBXEIG

Or Flash through recovery with signature check disabled.
As always make a Nandroid Backup to be safe.

You might get an error on com.htc.bgp or it could just be me and a one off.
Update: Not a one off this is the mentioned Timezone Sync error. It also errors on Facebook sync.
Reported Fix was http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=7

I know it sounds scary but I didn't know any of this 24 hours ago :)
Thanks guys. Edited by Noonski

Guest stueeee
Can anyone confirm if the included radio update is safe for the A8183 model? (i.e. the Telstra branded retail 850mhz model)

Can you use the image without the radio update if it is not safe?

Anyone tested?

worked fine for me with my Telstra branded Desire. i only have issues with location and apn mentioned in this thread. Everything else seems ok.

updated: sorry - just realised several replies after your post. Damn the long threads :-)

Edited by stueeee

Guest seaders

ok, I ended up having to get rid of mine as it wouldn't connect to the mobile network at all and strange things started happening with Sense. widgets on the homescreen started doubling up, two clocks on top of one another and my location wasn't being picked up.

I've gone back to Dj Droid's ROM for the moment and all the problems are gone.

Guest Jannik Nielsen
ok, I ended up having to get rid of mine as it wouldn't connect to the mobile network at all and strange things started happening with Sense. widgets on the homescreen started doubling up, two clocks on top of one another and my location wasn't being picked up.

I've gone back to Dj Droid's ROM for the moment and all the problems are gone.

the widgets is because you used titanium backup to restore all widgets from a 2.1 rom

and the mobile network is discussed in these last 18 pages, you need to enter APN's manually

Well Done Paul.

Absolutely amazing, well worth the donation on its own.

Been playing with it all day and found no issues, and you say its not finished :)

Keep up the good work.

Guest Noonski
did you use clockwork recovery and does it flash unsigned files?

Yes I used Fake Flash / ClockWorkMod Recovery v2.0.1.4 and had Signature disabled and it worked.

(double checked by enabling Sig check and it did not accept it;))

install zip from sdcard >> Toggle Signature Check.

(i like checking/testing what i say to the neurotic)

Edited by Noonski

Guest andypotts

Does this use the HTC Camera and Video app or is it the Froyo camera and vid applications?

Been using a rom without sense - using the Launcher Pro beta... not sure if I should change just yet