Yonn Kitchen - Where OmnaiLITE ROMs were cooked in

Guest yonn1981

Guest shadowangel

Hi there everyone!

I'm trying to build my first ROM for i900 but it seems I'm missing something...

I included a new WM Build (23128), OEM_Lang_0416 (0816 renamed with initflashfiles from 0416), edited some app.dat and renamed some folders and muis to 0416 as well.

The process of building the ROM goes well and concludes without errors, besides:

* complaining about not selecting SQM and FWUpdate - replaced by dummies

* "The windows Mobile build you selected doesn't seem to have the required packages for your device resolution. Do you still want to continue?"

*** This last one I had when I used one of the saved projects for comparison so I didn't bother...

BUT... (there is always a but...) after flashing the phone doesn't pass the first Samsung Omnia screen... (I attached the project as requested if someone can help me :()

Thanks in advance!

6.5.3_Bone.rar

Guest Adaho0
* complaining about not selecting SQM and FWUpdate - replaced by dummies

and this is ok

* "The windows Mobile build you selected doesn't seem to have the required packages for your device resolution. Do you still want to continue?"

You need proper dpi resv and lang files in your sources.. I suggest to find some in Vistang Kitchen Thread

*** This last one I had when I used one of the saved projects for comparison so I didn't bother...

Really sugest to try build clean OEM folder from scratch, becouse if you want make POR BRA lang rom, you need localized OEM folder, try to make it using THIS GUIDE. And suggest to familiarize with THIS THREAD and pdf document in attachements :(

Regards:)

------------------------------------------

God looked at our posts, then sat down and wept ..

Stable&FAST WM6.5.3 23668 :(

Edited by Adaho0

Guest shadowangel
and this is ok

You need proper dpi resv and lang files in your sources.. I suggest to find some in Vistang Kitchen Thread

Really sugest to try build clean OEM folder from scratch, becouse if you want make POR BRA lang rom, you need localized OEM folder, try to make it using THIS GUIDE. And suggest to familiarize with THIS THREAD and pdf document in attachements :(

Regards:)

------------------------------------------

God looked at our posts, then sat down and wept ..

Stable&FAST WM6.5.3 23668 :(

Thank you for your reply! I'll look seriously into this :P

Guest Raheel Anjum
Hey thnx for the feedback. I haven't used the alarm for a while so I didn't notice it. I'm looking for a fix but I'm also leaving for vacation today so I might not have time to short it out till after I get back.

Dear Acrocosm, Yonn and other Masters! Still waiting for solution of this SPB time alarm problem. I installed latest release of SPB time 3.4 and still the problem remains. Any ideass? I love this ROM as I have installed SPB MS3 with MSKIP Pro W7 V2 theme and more than 30 different applications / Games etc and I still have over 50+ MB of free memorey :) which is really fantastic and amazing. Also please guide me how to increase the sound level of incoming bell / alarm sounds etc.

Note: I have problem with SPB time alarm only, omnia lite tclock works but its alarm sound is quite low.

Edited by Raheel Anjum

Guest acrocosm
excellent rom. don't suppose you would consider cooking extendir into this? would be good to keep the main storage as minimal as possible, let me know.

Yeah I was excited when I first read about it but then didn't see any omnia roms using and then forgot about it. I'm working on it

About the alarm sound I'm not sure what causes it. And sometimes I noticed the ringtone I've set doesn't ring at all. I think I'll leave media player in...

Guest holdz

Does anyone know how to fix the i900 MMS? I can't seem to get it to work without having to hit the task bar twice when replying to an sms and it gets some what laggy.

So yeah, any ideas on how to fix that?

Guest condorx

EDIT

well, just cooked my first localized rom: nice and easy, thanks yonn!

the only problem so far is that I'm missing a few items in settings: usb connection mode (mass storage or activesync, only the latter is available by default) and operator settings (so the phone won't connect to the web).

any ideas (yeah, noob question, I know :) )?

cheers!

Edited by condorx

Guest goingInside

A good kitchen for newbie like me. Easy to use with all the examples. :D

Try to build with 23670 with no errors from the kitchen. However, when I flash to my omnia, noticed a few things not correct:

1. SMS is not working. The reply or new can't work. Notice that we can either use htmlnote.dll or mms.dll. With samsung MMS included in the kitchen, it is using mms.dll but lags badly. Default is htmlnote.dll but got error. Something wrong with htmlnote.dll?

2. When I click the top taskbar, an old "big taskbar" appears sometimes. How to get rid of this old one? I have the new task bar included.

3. When I update the time/date, and softreset, the time/date again reverts back to the old one which is in yr 2008.

This is the first time I"m trying to build a ROM. Hope someone can help. :D

Thank you.

Edit:

1. Realized that webview SYS package has to be selected. :)

2. still not yet solve

3. Not sure if it really solves the issues. At Clock & Alarms, Select Alarms as well and it sort of work. However, was doing a lot of changes at the same time, so can't really tell if this is the correct soln. :P

Edited by goingInside

Guest Hammad16

Hey Can anyone of you help me How do i set a theme to deafult after installing it at EXT into my ROM ? I read thru the forums but cudnt really get it.

Thanks

Guest ochakov

I have some issues with 25018 build. Where do you find other builds and what is the most stable one (236xx ???)

Can I just copy the build folders into the kitchen where other builds are found?

Edited by ochakov

Guest Raheel Anjum
About the alarm sound I'm not sure what causes it. And sometimes I noticed the ringtone I've set doesn't ring at all. I think I'll leave media player in...

Acrocosm! When you finalize your next ROM build, do share with us. I really appreciate your hard work.

Guest gecata
Hahah, so far I don't really have any problems, it's just that it's too personal I guess. But anyhow, if you wanna have a taste...

XPR version

http://www.mediafire.com/file/iwgn5sec7cv8...o_tiny_21908.7z

Rom size: 53.5mb

Ram: ~74mb free ~25mb used

Free space: ~178mb

LZX version

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6isp22odx4iz...4c2o_tiny_21908[LZX].7z

Rom size: 46.1

Ram: ??mb free ??mb used

Free space: ??mb

Details

They are exactly the same except for compression method. There are no omnia/omnialite apps in this one, no manila, no titanium, not even the start menu

Removed:

------------------------------------

Everything possible!

There's no 6.5 ie you'll need opera or just settle for standard ie without touch friendly controls or tabs

No mpc but mp3 ringtones are fine. I suggest installing tcpmp with skin support from here

there's no xda_uc it takes up space. I'm planing on including all of the apps I use and have to be installed and in main storage, the rest I'll just keep then in storage and add their shortcuts in case of hard reset

Added:

------------------------------------

Quickmenu as replacement for the official

xTask

resco photomanager

pim backup

nitrogen with omnia skin

fine dark-gray theme from kenchan and a nice fitting dialer skin from dirkgently

flash is cooked as well as netce 3.5

You will not really miss anything. It's a fully functional rom. Only things really missing is a decent keyboard for sure and perhaps something for your homescreen. I use p h o n e x (not cooked) for my homescreen usually, along with PDC (cooked) or samsung today 2 so I don't care about the rest. Use m2d aio or mobileshell or whatever it is that you like... There's plenty of space and ram to fool around.

Pagepool is 6mb. It is very fast with XPR compression. LZX should be a bit slower but free ram should be over 75mb.

It's perfect for me. Let me know how it fares for you :D

Screenshots

post-429398-1279307507_thumb.png post-429398-1279307520_thumb.png

post-429398-1279307530_thumb.png post-429398-1279307536_thumb.png

post-429398-1279307542_thumb.png

I like the finger ffriendliness of 6.5.x roms but I find that they drain the battery faster and use more ram, especially over time. So for now, for my day to day use I cooked this 6.5

Can You share ...kxml file? After many, many hours i cannot get so lite rom.

• 4 weeks later...

yonn all right?

how easy it is to use your kitchen bro. congratulations. we have several alternatives to it. excellent. :P

one question: where do I find icons to modify'm not finding? :(

only found a few icons in this folder:

00050 Samsung SGH-i900-Packages_Omnia_Registry-Startmenu shortcuts and folders icons.?

another question: Unlock all packs of M2D and does not appear to touch the screen even enabling flo not enables, empowers the only option windows default? :(

What am I doing wrong? :(

Thanks. :)

Edited by mureta

Guest yonn1981
yonn all right?

how easy it is to use your kitchen bro. congratulations. we have several alternatives to it. excellent. :P

one question: where do I find icons to modify'm not finding? :(

only found a few icons in this folder:

00050 Samsung SGH-i900-Packages_Omnia_Registry-Startmenu shortcuts and folders icons.?

another question: Unlock all packs of M2D and does not appear to touch the screen even enabling flo not enables, empowers the only option windows default? :(

What am I doing wrong? :P

Thanks. :(

The kitchen is easy but all thanks goes to airxtreme "the creator of oskitchen" .. What I did is shared all my stuff I have :) which make it much easier ...

I did mention the about M2D packages somewhere .. Anyway the m2d packages I included in the kitchen missing the right registry .. It should be named Sense instead of touchflo "I updated the M2D to new version but missed to update the mui and registry" ... So better use older EXT or build new M2D package from new CABs ...

Edited by yonn1981

The kitchen is easy but all thanks goes to airxtreme "the creator of oskitchen" .. What I did is shared all my stuff I have :) which make it much easier ...

I did mention the about M2D packages somewhere .. Anyway the m2d packages I included in the kitchen missing the right registry .. It should be named Sense instead of touchflo "I updated the M2D to new version but missed to update the mui and registry" ... So better use older EXT or build new M2D package from new CABs ...

No problem. But what good is a Sandwich without Coca-Cola ? :(

I'll try. Yonn Thanks ! :lol:

Edited by mureta

Guest khrisstyan

Someone can help me?After i started building, this is the last message I get "[04:34:28] Running user-selected post-build application...".Now what i have to do?Thank you