MCR r23 Development Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MidnightSlide

Very good port so far. I tried the evil desire port, and it doesn't hold a candle to this rom.

I noticed the standard bugs... and a few that I wasn't expecting..

- Video won't stop recording unless I physically remove the battery, and the videos don't save.

- Phone randomly lags and/or locks up, requiring reboot and/or battery removal depending on how it decides to act at the time.

- The other day it just lost all service, tried rebooting, stuck at the "X" boot screen, removed battery and rebooted into recovery, cleared cache and reboot.. it finally decided to boot back up. I have no clue what that was about.. lol

- No bluetooth

- Today I tried to place a call and the sense UI crashed.. don't know if the call was actually placed but the phone ended up sitting at the white HTC screen until I removed the battery.

- Some calls have an audio glitch where the person on the other end can't hear me for the first 5-10 seconds of a call.

- Zoom does not work on the camera

- When texting, I can't send messages while the keyboard is present. When I tap the send button, it closes the keyboard and I have to tap the send button again to send the message.

- Also when texting, I can't tap a place where I want to edit text, I end up having to use the trackball.

- Sometimes the lock screen glitches if I don't slide the bar down in just the right way, and it sits there at the bottom of the screen until I try and slide it down again. At that point it pops back up and I have to re-slide it down. One a couple of occasions, for some reason it took the sense flip-clock widget and placed it towards the bottom left corner of the screen as if I was holding my finger down on it and trying to move it. Rather strange. haha

Wireless works fine.

Widgets all seem to work fine.

Even with all of the quirks, I am extremely happy with this rom, and can't seem to bring myself to flash CM6 back on the phone until a RC of this rom comes out. I friggin' love it! Thanks Paul!

Guest KenAnthony
thanks ill try that ...

im also having this weird problem with the power LED on the nexus one.. it turns on when i get a message and wont turn off for 20-30 mins, is anyone else experiencing the same issue ???

yeah mine does the same thing and does it sometimes when i unplug the charger or usb.. i have found that if you just plug back in one of the two and take it out a couple times it will shut off... not that big of deal to me seeing how it isnt using that much of the battery up...

Guest wdfowty
I'm honestly debating going back to Paul's Froyo. There are just some glitchy things that I can't get past.

It's still an alpha, bugs are expected. I look past the glitches and enjoy the Sense of Froyo! It really is beautiful...

Guest KenAnthony
It's still an alpha, bugs are expected. I look past the glitches and enjoy the Sense of Froyo! It really is beautiful...

+1 this is deff a great alpha release.. hell im using it as my everyday rom.. i dont really care about BT and FM radio and all that anyway so once camera issues are worked out im good...:(

Guest ninfragiler14

Thanks a lot Paul. I am loving this ROM. For some reason, I cannot get HTC Facebook to work. After I enter my username and password, it says "service temporarly unavailable". Has anyone had this issue and have a fix. The radio kinda worked for a second too. Pretty awesome.

Guest KenAnthony
Thanks a lot Paul. I am loving this ROM. For some reason, I cannot get HTC Facebook to work. After I enter my username and password, it says "service temporarly unavailable". Has anyone had this issue and have a fix. The radio kinda worked for a second too. Pretty awesome.

Yeah had that happen.. just went into friend stream later and logged in and boom!! So try that...

Guest ninfragiler14

Thanks, Ill give it a shot. Also, I have like 5 downloads stuck on my download list and it every time I add another one, it just says unknown download starting. I cannot cancel them and none of them ever download. If I try to cancel one or all of them, It just force closes the browser, so I am left unable to download. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Guest KenAnthony
Thanks, Ill give it a shot. Also, I have like 5 downloads stuck on my download list and it every time I add another one, it just says unknown download starting. I cannot cancel them and none of them ever download. If I try to cancel one or all of them, It just force closes the browser, so I am left unable to download. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Go into settings, applications, all, find internet browser and clear data and cache.. then try download again..hope this helps!!

Guest ninfragiler14
Go into settings, applications, all, find internet browser and clear data and cache.. then try download again..hope this helps!!

That didn't work exactly, but it got me in the right direction. I did the same thing except under download manager. Now I am downloading again.

Thanks again

Guest KenAnthony
That didn't work exactly, but it got me in the right direction. I did the same thing except under download manager. Now I am downloading again.

Thanks again

Let me know if that works.. ill think of something else...:(

Guest ninfragiler14

When I try the new interectraven kernels, my wifi gets error.... Is there a newer kernel that works better with fm and the wifi still works?

Guest KenAnthony
When I try the new interectraven kernels, my wifi gets error.... Is there a newer kernel that works better with fm and the wifi still works?

Haha..got the same thing to.. I don't know which one u tried but download file on root of SD.. turn WiFi off.. reboot into recovery.. wipe cache.. wipe dalvik cache then flash... if this doesn't work pm me and ill give u the OC UV new kernel that I have running right now and getting 43+ mflops on linpack!!!

Guest ninfragiler14
Haha..got the same thing to.. I don't know which one u tried but download file on root of SD.. turn WiFi off.. reboot into recovery.. wipe cache.. wipe dalvik cache then flash... if this doesn't work pm me and ill give u the OC UV new kernel that I have running right now and getting 43+ mflops on linpack!!!

I the FM radio working on the kernel you are running?

Guest KenAnthony
I the FM radio working on the kernel you are running?

Not sure..haven't tried and I just did but I need a headset and I'm out with friends downtown right now..

does anyone know which Kernel to use with this rom to save battery life ????... mine is dropping at 10 % per hour without anything running with using pershoot kernel, when i was on leofroyo i was going 1% an hour with the same kenrnel... i love the interface and the smoothness of this rom but want the battery to atleast last me duration of the day .. any help in this regard would be appreciated.

also does anyone know how u post on other peoples walls using the friend stream app on the htc sense ??

Guest adamiester

i see all you using this rom as a dail driver, do you guys have the soft key lights working? i couldnt get them working and i just find it too anoying, among other things, so im using cyanogen currently but cant wait paul to iron out the kinks

Guest wdfowty
Not sure..haven't tried and I just did but I need a headset and I'm out with friends downtown right now..

The FM radio only works with intersectRaven's AVS-X kernels. Tested pershoot's and wildmonks' and neither work for FM.

Guest wdfowty
What is the diff between this and R5 in the other thread?

r5, if i'm not mistaken, is the Desire rom this port is based off of. Don't hold me to that. If you go into the r5 forum and look at "you are here", it should tell you the device.

Guest prgopala
works like a champ

Everyone with USB mounting problems please read all the posts in this topic....There is an app in market -'AUTOMOUNT USB' which works flawlessly with this rom... Please use the same...