MCR r23 Development Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest kamasi36
No, it doesnt do any good...thats the point. I have froyo with sense, with bluetooth, fm radio, with working gps...I got it by picking up a cheap HD2 off craigslist lol, they have devotion towards what they are working on and have managed to get everything working pretty good...on a phone that wasnt designed for Android! Its running off sd card at the moment and testing next to my Nexus its just as fast as this half ass port from Paul if not faster.

Face it, development here follows the trends. If a new phone comes out before Paul gets it working its on to the new one anyways. All you ass kissers are disgusting. No one has to work on any rom for any phone, thats true, but how bout at least saying hey guys I have ditched this phone till I decide to work on it again.. it wont be soon but maybe someday. na..nothing, then suddenly a post and you all go back to worshiping, pull your head out of his ass and take a breath..it stinks.

Now I know that ad free doesnt mean anything towards getting your phone working properly lol, all those that think it is are wrong, see my name? See ad free? nah. you wont. I am a long time lurker here but finally signed up for an account, what I have learned is that whatever phone is "the next best thing" gets the attention. Is it for new ad free members? I dont know but it seems that way to me...in time as "the next best thing" falls to the wayside so does support and development for that phone, go check the threads on other devices..its just how it goes.

Paul has done some great things for several different platforms, no way around that. Paul has also left several devices in a state of wtf as well..no way around that either. Dont like it? Learn to hack yourself, stop all the crap about being a Developer as just about everyone of these guys are hacks, bout it. Skill? Knowledge? Yes. They have some, some more than others..but a Developer? No. Show me a completely home grown working Android and I'll call ya a Developer.

Live with the fact that you dont have a Desire, you have a Nexus. Go grab some Cyan nightlies and enjoy yourself. He is about as close to a Dev as your gonna get. He also doesnt abandon devices as they are half ass working lol, most of the time he wont release anything until it does all work, the few times it has happened it was a bug, and fixed asap.

I dont see bans here often, but if I get one so be it. As I have already stated I have moved on and honestly, so should you.

Bravo. Bravo. Man if you was running for president I'd vote for you. LOL. Seriously though the HD2 can do all that huh? But tell me does Adobe Flash Player 10.1 run on that thing?

Guest paesan
I have never heard people whine so much in my life, you cry more then my dog. If you want updates faster, then learn to dev and do it yourself, or go use someone else's rom's. No need to take up space on a forum to complain, it doesn't do any good.

Re-read the last few pages carefully. Nobody has been demanding an updated rom. All we were asking is for was a status update., i.e. the rom is dead, on the back burner, working on it, coming soon, etc.

Guest Sylar2010

Good news! kingxxL has managed to make BT work with his latest build of Desire Froyo to N1 Rom!

I don't know if Paul helped him but anyway we should have it logically on the upcoming r23.1 rom

Guest prgopala
Good news! kingxxL has managed to make BT work with his latest build of Desire Froyo to N1 Rom!

I don't know if Paul helped him but anyway we should have it logically on the upcoming r23.1 rom

has king released the latest build? I see version 1.2 and that was on 8/7/2010

Guest prgopala
1.2 is the latest and it has BT fix

oh.. Actually it is the same fix that is there in every desire to nexus rom... so nothing new in that... u still have to toggle between discoverable and non discoverable mode to get it working... So that means no proper BT fix yet...

See the below snippet of the change log on kingxklick site

Version 1.2

- Full wipe build

- WiFi fixed for default kernel (sorry about that)

- Most stable update so far, EVERYTHING WORKS NOW

- Default kernel updated to kernel #1 (fresh .35 code) - no FM support but bluetooth works

- Bluetooth fixed - you need to set to discoverable, then undiscoverable, then scan I KNOW IT WORKS I TESTED IT

Edited by prgopala

Guest edebby
As I have already stated I have moved on and honestly, so should you.

+1

I know many of you lots are mad because you paid for No-Ads like when r20 was out, and you now feel you invested money for 2 real releases. I think that people who paid when r4 was out feel they had a nice run for their money though.

Ducter is absolutely right in all of his statements but one:

- Paul is a talented developer. Period. Any written code/script is DEVELOPMENT. The fact that he's not a kernel developer doesn't mean anything. Hell, even the online kitchen is an amazing development in any standard. The CM example you gave could have been true, if CM was THE ONLY ONE to develop the truly amazing CM releases. But there are dozens of contributers for all the tweaks and addendum in his ROM. One person that develop an entire ROM from head to toes is a freaking GOD not a developer.

When you're a SW developer (I am...) you're usually an expert in 2-3 areas out of hundreds available. So I can develop Real-Time apps, but can't develop a BT stack - it doesn't make me less of a developer, just a different one.

I'm on CM6 RC2, and I can't even recall why I like the Desire port in the first place.

Ducter made agood point - you can whine on the dead-end that you're at right now, or you can find a new path which might be a better one :D I'm not telling you to dump the Desire ports for Stock mods - but there are other Desire ports out there, and all of which smoother than r23 (maybe since all are based on r23? can't say).

Guest MooMooz
Bravo. Bravo. Man if you was running for president I'd vote for you. LOL. Seriously though the HD2 can do all that huh? But tell me does Adobe Flash Player 10.1 run on that thing?

LOL.. yes, and whats funny is that when you run the Quadrant Benchmark, the scores on that (Running Froyo w/Sense, off an SD Card) beats the crap outta CM Froyo on N1. Sad.. but true. I have both devices. So I'm stuck toggling between two devices. (HD2 has working FM Radio, larger screen, Sense Froyo 2.2, but somewhat poorer 3G performance, or the N1 with CM Froyo, no FM Radio, decent 3G.)

I agree with edebby & ducter!

It would just have been nice to have updates! I know Paul doesn't have to but at least that way we all know where we stand and stop thinking we are entitled to something!

Guest DFSVegas
I have never heard people whine so much in my life, you cry more then my dog. If you want updates faster, then learn to dev and do it yourself, or go use someone else's rom's. No need to take up space on a forum to complain, it doesn't do any good.

In 99% of situations, you'd be right. But people here pay money, and they weren't looking for anything more than "it's still coming". Just an update to know weather we should even be holding our breath. Some people act entitled. People who pay their hard earned money actually are entitled.

Guest MidnightSlide

Brian,

You are right. How dare we ask to be updated. My mother always told me that I was a whiner, and while all the while I thought she was crazy, apparently she was right. Many years have gone by since then, but you have pointed out the obvious fact that things haven't changed. I can't quite speak for the others, but as for myself, I have learned the errors of my ways. I was wrong to think that I could expect to be updated by a developer that I have contributed money to. Your wise words have changed me Brian. Thank you so very much for making me a better person.

Guest joshlusignan
In 99% of situations, you'd be right. But people here pay money, and they weren't looking for anything more than "it's still coming". Just an update to know weather we should even be holding our breath. Some people act entitled. People who pay their hard earned money actually are entitled.

We are not really entitled to anything more than what the kitchen offers. I didnt want to wait for the free prebakes, so I paid. We paid to have access to the ROM before non-paying members and Im sure we all baked a few ROMs. The ROM he quickly ported is still better in some ways than others and we are all waiting because we know his final, beta, alpha or whatever it will be will be even better. We have some response from Paul now, so lets hope something happens sooner than later.

Guest Brian L

I still feel like even though this is the first WIP, it is still more stable then all of the other sense rom's out there for nexus one. So each update in my opinion is like 5 updates from other people, because it has the most success.

Guest the_KIT

hi ppl!

I need help here...I've rooted my N1 with AndRoot, ran the installation of this rom but now it boots to the 4colored nexus one logo and is stuck... Any ideas wad i shld do??? :D

Guest kamasi36
We are not really entitled to anything more than what the kitchen offers. I didnt want to wait for the free prebakes, so I paid. We paid to have access to the ROM before non-paying members and Im sure we all baked a few ROMs. The ROM he quickly ported is still better in some ways than others and we are all waiting because we know his final, beta, alpha or whatever it will be will be even better. We have some response from Paul now, so lets hope something happens sooner than later.

Yawn....

Guest kamasi36
LOL.. yes, and whats funny is that when you run the Quadrant Benchmark, the scores on that (Running Froyo w/Sense, off an SD Card) beats the crap outta CM Froyo on N1. Sad.. but true. I have both devices. So I'm stuck toggling between two devices. (HD2 has working FM Radio, larger screen, Sense Froyo 2.2, but somewhat poorer 3G performance, or the N1 with CM Froyo, no FM Radio, decent 3G.)

In answer to my question: Adobe 10.1 runs on the HD2 this is the first I've heard of it. From my understanding the hardware wasn't optimized for it. Anyway that's cool if it does. Still the phone is to big IMO.

Guest DFSVegas

Sure, but I think these people are entitled to common courtesy. Nobody is entitled to new releases, but I feel like we're are entitled to updates at best, and closure at worst, if he's not going to continue work. I saw few people her get outlandish with what they were asking.

Personally, his update satiated me. It seems kind of crazy that it took two plus weeks to update us, but what's done is done.

Guest MidnightSlide
Sure, but I think these people are entitled to common courtesy. Nobody is entitled to new releases, but I feel like we're are entitled to updates at best, and closure at worst, if he's not going to continue work. I saw few people her get outlandish with what they were asking.

Personally, his update satiated me. It seems kind of crazy that it took two plus weeks to update us, but what's done is done.

Precisely. I really don't think that the general population was asking for too much. Very few people were going about it the wrong way, but it is understandable that there would be concern with how little we are updated compared to others. Paul finally stepped in here and clarified, but I really can't say that it made me any more optimistic. Hopefully we do see a rock solid sense build come our way. I have complete faith in Paul's ability to deliver, but the only thing that I have ever questioned is his motivation to do so. Not because he is lazy, but because it seems like he takes on quite a bit at once with many devices, and one man can only do so much. Like I stated in a previous post.. he should team up with other motivated developers and collaborate like the CyanogenMod team does. One great mind can accomplish great things, but a team of them can do something legendary.

Edited by MidnightSlide

Guest kamasi36
Precisely. I really don't think that the general population was asking for too much. Very few people were going about it the wrong way, but it is understandable that there would be concern with how little we are updated compared to others. Paul finally stepped in here and clarified, but I really can't say that it made me any more optimistic. Hopefully we do see a rock solid sense build come out way. I have complete faith in Paul's ability to deliver, but the only thing that I have ever questioned is his motivation to do so. Not because he is lazy, but because it seems like he takes on quite a bit at once with many devices, and one man can only do so much. Like I stated in a previous post.. he should team up with other motivated developers and collaborate like the CyanogenMod team does. One great mind can accomplish great things, but a team of them can do something legendary.

Not bad. Not bad at all. Not as good as my presidential nominee, but maybe we can work you in as Secretary Of State. Lol. You polished it up at the end and made it sound kind of cheesy. Overall, not bad. As far as everything I said, I stand by my statement, as well as the words and tone I used to deliver it. No booty kissing here, that's just nasty.Lol.

Guest rcadden

Is there any way you guys could take this who's-entitled-to-what-and-who's-a-jerk discussion to another thread and leave this one for actual discussions about this ROM? it's annoying to get online in the morning and see that the thread has been updated only to read through 2 pages of you guys going back and forth.

Guest MidnightSlide
Not bad. Not bad at all. Not as good as my presidential nominee, but maybe we can work you in as Secretary Of State. Lol. You polished it up at the end and made it sound kind of cheesy. Overall, not bad. As far as everything I said, I stand by my statement, as well as the words and tone I used to deliver it. No booty kissing here, that's just nasty.Lol.

Hahahaha!! Secretary of State eh? I actually only corrected a spelling mistake, but yeah.. I figured that the end sounded kinda cheesy, albeit exactly how I feel. No booty kissing here either. :D

Guest kamasi36
Is there any way you guys could take this who's-entitled-to-what-and-who's-a-jerk discussion to another thread and leave this one for actual discussions about this ROM? it's annoying to get online in the morning and see that the thread has been updated only to read through 2 pages of you guys going back and forth.

Lighten up. If there was actually something to discuss about this Rom we would. So chime in where you fit in. I'm sure once the Rom is updated we will all have something else to discuss like what we like and bugs etc. Okay, so what would you like to discuss about this Rom? Go for it. Lead off and if we find it interesting enough I'm sure we will join in.

Guest prgopala
Lighten up. If there was actually something to discuss about this Rom we would. So chime in where you fit in. I'm sure once the Rom is updated we will all have something else to discuss like what we like and bugs etc. Okay, so what would you like to discuss about this Rom? Go for it. Lead off and if we find it interesting enough I'm sure we will join in.

Haa haa.. I agree... Wat is there to discuss....:D