MCR r23 Development Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest joshlusignan

For those having problems with the power LED staying on...I found that if I unplugged from the charger with the screen on the LED would not shut off, however if the screen was off when I unplugged the LED would turn off as normal.

I am using this ROM as my daily.

Using IRs July 22 FM kernel. (gonna try the July 25th one today!!) I have have no issues with wifi, mobile data, and the FM radio has yet to freeze up on me (its a little slow to respond, but hasnt froze yet). Battery life is amazing, Ive had my phone unplugged for 8 hours and Im down only 20%. I am also NOT having issues that others have stated with losing signal when screen turns off. Maybe Ive found the magic recipe :(. Yes some issues still remain, but not enough to make me change ROMs.

Sense is where it is for me...I want a black status bar, lock screen music controls, sweet widgets (that all look the same, thank god.), etc, etc.

Looking forward to the updates, Thanks for the great ROM (and Kernel of course!!)

Guest ninfragiler14
i cant even sync with facebook at all. Friend stream wont work and when i go to accounts and new, it says "this application cannot be reached at this time"

intersting... i might go back to r22 for now until these minor issues are ironed out, aside from that, and the led light staying on i have no other issues with this rom

That is what mine does. I have tried over and over to sync HTC Facebook ad it always says not available at this time. Android facebook works but I really want to use friend steam. Please help if anyone has a idea. Thanks Paul for the awesome Rom.

Guest sashamed

Unfortunately, despite the sim card replacement, problem still exist: gsm network drop out after screen off. First time , when I put new sim card ,wich is locked by pin code, everything works fine until I unlocked sim card. Dropping out network , may have something with security of sim card?

Guest sashamed

:( Now, I locked my sim card again, and reinstall modaco desire rom. Gsm network is not dropping out any more after swich off screen!

But....now, :( when I have to answer to some call, and take phone close to my ear, or accidentally touch the screen, in that moment call is broken.

Guest bedwa
Seems like currently paul is working hard on the froyo desire rom for desire.

Paul do pay us a little bit more attention :(

Other than a core set if files, when Paul its working on the desire rom he's working on the n1. That's why he merged the projects. I'm sure he remembers we're here and hasn't forgotten us. :(

U

For those having problems with the power LED staying on...I found that if I unplugged from the charger with the screen on the LED would not shut off, however if the screen was off when I unplugged the LED would turn off as normal.

I am using this ROM as my daily.

Using IRs July 22 FM kernel. (gonna try the July 25th one today!!) I have have no issues with wifi, mobile data, and the FM radio has yet to freeze up on me (its a little slow to respond, but hasnt froze yet). Battery life is amazing, Ive had my phone unplugged for 8 hours and Im down only 20%. I am also NOT having issues that others have stated with losing signal when screen turns off. Maybe Ive found the magic recipe :(. Yes some issues still remain, but not enough to make me change ROMs.

Sense is where it is for me...I want a black status bar, lock screen music controls, sweet widgets (that all look the same, thank god.), etc, etc.

Looking forward to the updates, Thanks for the great ROM (and Kernel of course!!)

IntersectRavens July22 filename or July22 upload date?

Guest joshlusignan

J

U

IntersectRavens July22 filename or July22 upload date?

Should be in file name. There are some other newer ones also that I haven't tried yet.

Guest joshlusignan
Paul dont leave us...

Lol, dont worry man...he is on vacation with the family. This is something we can all understand. :(

Guest wdfowty
Paul dont leave us...

You know, if you're that impatient you can always buy an Ad-Free or Premium account. The kitchens are open 24/7 :(

Guest Heroman0

I just found that myself. I flashed 2.6.35-FM_AVS-925mV_CFS_20100722_0849.zip kernel and so far FM is working just slow to change channels, and the scan doesn't work as well as one would hope. wifi works using WPA2-PSK and data stays on during screen sleep. I am having the problem with only a portion of my facebook not syncing with contacts as a few others have been pointing out.

Edited by Heroman0

Guest joshlusignan
Josh did you try IR updated FM kernel? How did it go

Never did get to try it out...no time lately. I'll give it a go some time on the weekend.

Guest adriandyb

I finally got the mobile connection to work by unchecking "Mobile network" in "Wireless & networks" settings, exit out and then go back in and re-enable it!

Now everything works - after flashing the latest kitchen file and then IntersectRaven's latest kernel over it (2.6.35-FM_AVS-925mV_CFS_20100729_0821), pushing the bcm4329.ko file and finally adding the Auto Mount app. Incredible! Thank you!

Edited by adriandyb

Guest richy
I finally got the mobile connection to work by unchecking "Mobile network" in "Wireless & networks" settings, exit out and then go back in and re-enable it!

Now everything works - after flashing the latest kitchen file and then IntersectRaven's latest kernel over it (2.6.35-FM_AVS-925mV_CFS_20100729_0821), pushing the bcm4329.ko file and finally adding the Auto Mount app. Incredible! Thank you!

So just to confirm.. when you checked and unchecked "mobile network", you havent had a problem since with the network dropping out?... or did it just fix the issue temporarily?

Guest DFSVegas
So just to confirm.. when you checked and unchecked "mobile network", you havent had a problem since with the network dropping out?... or did it just fix the issue temporarily?

If his problem is anything like mine, it's a temporary fix.

Guest adversario

hey really awesome rom....but...video recorder don't work in any res....someone know how fix this or it's just a bug of that version? cuz in r22.1 was working perfect for me..

thanx in advance!

grat job paul!

Current LOCATION/clock/weather widget was working fine as I traveled around the suburbs. Then, decided to restore missing apps and data from r22.1 using last backup. Now LOCATION doesn't update at all as I drive from one suburb to the next. Anyone know a fix? What did I do wrong?

Guest newnoise1024

camera is really buggy, snaps the picture, distorts it and then reduces the size from widescreen.

alarm cannot be shut off lol

small minor things but makes it somewhat unusable for the time being, can i revert back to r22 even though i have the new radio?