Image Shrink

Guest PaulOBrien

imageshrink1.pngimageshrink2.pngimageshrink3.png

Welcome to 'Paul's App of the Day', where I pick one of my favourite apps as featured app of the day! Today's app is...

Image Shrink

What they say

Shrink/resize your photos with just one click before you send it.

Send images to Image Shrink by "share" or "send to" before you send them to target app.

What we say

Thanks to MoDaCo member Kilack for alerting me to this app in our suggestion topic! This app is SO useful! I've lost count of the number of times i've taken a picture (at full resolution), shared it via Twitter or Email and then waited an AGE while it uploaded over my slow over-the-air connection. No more! With Image Shrink I can now select a target size for the picture before I share it, thus alleviating for example the one negative I have with my favourite Twitter app, Seesmic. Awesome! Once again, simple yet indispensable!

Permissions

WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE / com.google.android.providers.gmail.permission.READ_GMAIL

Download

View Image Shrink at AppBrain

QRcode

To use, install 'Barcode Scanner' from the Android Market.

imageshrink.qrcode.png

Price

FREE 'lite' version, paid ¥99 (~75p) version adds the ability to shrink multiple images, auto delete old shrunken images and shrink images in gmail preview.

Market star rating at time of writing

4.40 (52 ratings)

Version at time of writing

Similar / Alternative apps

None that I am aware of.

Suggested improvements for the next version

This is great really, I'm not sure you need any more features. :angry:

Have your say

Fan of Image Shrink? Found something better? Just wanna share your experiences? Post below! :D

Guest xaueious

Paul make a blog!

I hope you don't run out of awesome apps or time to review apps regularly. Daily is a big commitment :angry:

Didn't know about this one.

Edited by xaueious

Guest arunshen

Can you preset image sizes per destination? e.g. 640-480 for Facebook, 1024x768 for TwitPic, Full res for Flickr etc?

i.e. when you post/share it automatically resizes per destination?

Now that would be good ... :angry: