MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest woti17
Hmm which is which?

com.noshufou.android.su.apk or Superuser.apk

I can only see a smaller file size and a 15 hours difference.

The Superuser.apk is newer and smaller.

But i don't think Paul meant to have both in.

(Just rebaked to check)

Superuser.apk has 2.3.1 su inside (cd and ef), com.noshufou..... 2.3 without ".1", filesizes slighty different

Guest Noonski
There are some more boot animations here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=696235

Paul would be good to have the urinating one in the kitchen :D

About bootanimations.

I made a custom animation using:

http://www.dherman.co.uk/custom_boot_generator/Desire/

I then took out a few frames to get it to the default 78 frames and renamed all of them and replaced my graphics with the ones from the original bootanimation.

But the screen stays black.

Does the bootanimation.zip also need some sort of signing? And who can give me a little help with this?

I have attached my custom Bootanimation.

bootanimation.zip

Guest woti17
I then took out a few frames to get it to the default 78 frames and renamed all of them and replaced my graphics with the ones from the original bootanimation.

if this helps, the htc animations has a different header in the png files (btw shows made with mac os x quicktime 7.6.3)

just a thought: there are spaces in the filenames, maybe the space-characters are encoded different?

Guest beady_uk
I've got a fix for you dude :D I had this problem. I am presuming you are just using the import and export functions of the Sense phone book here so if you're not this might not apply.

Luckily, the hyphens are added when you export the contacts rather than when you import then. After you've exported your contacts, open up the file this generates in a text editor. It's just a plain text XML or something. Then use the find and replace function to find "-" and replace with "" (i.e. leave the replace box empty). This should nuke all the unwanted hyphens in your numbers. Then you can import that file and you shouldn't have them in your phone numbers this time.

This worked for me so give it a shot.

I gave this a try last night but when i imported them into my desire they had the dash's back in. i even tried getting the contacts from my old nokia n95 - exported to vcf cards and copied to my sd card then imported to desire but this still put the dash's in. This has got my bamboozled

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks

Guest gandalfmuaddib
About bootanimations.

I made a custom animation using:

http://www.dherman.co.uk/custom_boot_generator/Desire/

But the screen stays black.

Does the bootanimation.zip also need some sort of signing? And who can give me a little help with this?

I have attached my custom Bootanimation.

The bootanimation.zip has to be zipped without compression, e.g. in WinRAR you would select "Store".

The .PNG files also have a limit to the number of bits per pixel as well. Can't remember the exact pixel format though...

Guest Noonski

Thanks guys, i will check the original png compression.

And try out the tips.

Edit:

Batching to 8 bit and saving without compression made my day, thanks al.

post-285186-1282397245_thumb.png

Edited by Noonski

Continuous dial tone

I have at recurrent problem since R5 - from time to time, could be days between or just half hours, I a dial tone in the background.

It keeps on after the phone is picked up by the person Im dialing - and keeps going during the phonecall and even after the phone is hung up.

The dial tone will keep on until the phone is rebooted.

I haven´t found any system in when the problem starts, running/installed programs etc.

Anyone else having this problem??

Bests

./dworm9

I am finding that whether i select or deselect the disable menu button unlock option, I am unable to use the menu button to unlock the phone. Any one else have this issue or know a solution.

Same to me

Guest chipyy
Continuous dial tone

I have at recurrent problem since R5 - from time to time, could be days between or just half hours, I a dial tone in the background.

It keeps on after the phone is picked up by the person Im dialing - and keeps going during the phonecall and even after the phone is hung up.

I haven´t found any system in when the problem starts, running/installed programs etc.

Bests

./dworm9

Dial tone? As in, and the thing you hear on a land line before you start dialling the number?

Guest danfrance

What file format are the boot animations in? I always expect the modaco boot animation to have dancing Elvis presley clock legs. Quite frankly, it upsets me that it doesn't :D

Guest NoPodi

Hi Guys,

i have the problem that the days of the week appear as numbers and dates are shown in a very weard way in every programme if German (xyz) is selected.

i read weaks ago about this problem but never found a solution.

Does anyone have an idea?

many thanks for the great work on this very special rom!!

Michael

Guest Noonski
What file format are the boot animations in? I always expect the modaco boot animation to have dancing Elvis presley clock legs. Quite frankly, it upsets me that it doesn't :D

Mine's in 8 bit's PNG files, but i have read that jpg's are also possible.

bootanimation.zip

Guest lamdin
Continuous dial tone

Bests

./dworm9

Dial tone? As in, and the thing you hear on a land line before you start dialling the number?

Hi

I have that problem from time to time, I hear a dial tone (the one you hear after you dial the numbers).

I'm used to listen to my music using BT headset. I am on the r8 (Aug 10).

When it first happened I thought I was hallucinating...

It happens when I listen to music.

I used "call recorder" for a trial period, and although not installed any more on my device, from time to time it plays recorded calls in the background... :D

I thought first that it was the problem of the software but it's not installed any more...

EDIT -

2 days now with r8 RC1 - the phenomena seems to have disappeared...

Edited by lamdin

Guest tommo123

HELP

ok, i'm having probs with this rom. everything is fine barr the fact that since this rom and only this rom, i have a signal drop out very often and it doesn't reconnect by itself

EDIT

flashed the rom again and seems ok so far. i did choose the radio originally as well

Edited by tommo123

Guest Hammerhand

Well, I have unrooted, rooted with unrevoked 3 (mine was older root, my wife's phone was done with this one), formated the sd-card, re-partitioned the sd-ext, wiped (?) and flashed r8.

I think tomorrow I will try if it solves the problem...

Guest lucier

Hi!

I'm a beginner and thank you Paul for your amazing work about your kitchen.

So I cook several ROM and try them but I can't remember each options on each ROM.

Is there a log file with option selected or not in the .ZIP file downloaded?

Cheers!

Guest wiggy6230

Hi Paul,

Great work with the kitchen and the additional tweeks.

Have a few questions/problems/observations from flashing today.

I down graded successfully and then rooted successfully as well using the unrevoked method. I used the kitchen to produce a ROM,

r8-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-unsigned-MD5-d02d7bf60282220ae97a938f207c3df2, which I flashed successfully as well using the revoked method.

Since booting up I have noticed that sync symbol is almost always on next to the battery even when no data/wifi connections are made.

When trying to sync, the phone cant find the HTC sync software on the computer.

And finally how do I use the info that has been created as a back up by Sence, was an option to set a back up at the initial start up. I didnt get this option with this ROM.

Keep up the good work,

Doug

EDIT,

The sync symbol still appears alot and is tryingto sync something but I dont know what, I have my Auto-sync turned off and the synbol still comes up I can cancel sync which then gets rid of the symbol, but I really dont have any idea what program/app/software is trying to sync.

Edited by wiggy6230

Guest tommo123
HELP

ok, i'm having probs with this rom. everything is fine barr the fact that since this rom and only this rom, i have a signal drop out very often and it doesn't reconnect by itself

EDIT

flashed the rom again and seems ok so far. i did choose the radio originally as well

scratch that, problem still there :D

in work with no signal. never had this problem on the phone before :D

Guest seaders
Seeking he following mod for the R8 RC1 ROM from here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=7675790

thanks for the link, just installed it and it's worked perfectly :D I certainly have missed the EspressoMod since it became incompatible with one of the ROMs (I think after the releases were based off the official HTC Froyo) and it's great to have it back.

I'll also give a +1 to have this as an addition to Paul's kitchen releases, I think the EspressoMod really adds another layer of 'niceness' to Sense, 'tis great!

Guest CaspaTheGhost
thanks for the link, just installed it and it's worked perfectly :D I certainly have missed the EspressoMod since it became incompatible with one of the ROMs (I think after the releases were based off the official HTC Froyo) and it's great to have it back.

I'll also give a +1 to have this as an addition to Paul's kitchen releases, I think the EspressoMod really adds another layer of 'niceness' to Sense, 'tis great!

+1 from me too... Just installed in on the rooted stock rom Paul posted (but not deodexed) and liking the look, so will definately use it when I go MCR on final release...

Guest eugenea

This mod contain cicrcle mod, do you have a problems with apn ???