MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Heppieboeddah
Thanks. I did choose most of them, for example History, Notes, Fortune cookie, etc.... But I forgot to take the HTC/Rosie launcher so not sure if it is related to that but some of the other people can probably confirm that?

Rosie was included by me. So that might not be the problem

Oddness, will look into this this morning!

P

Hope you find something and are able to solve the prob.

Edited by Heppieboeddah

Guess that isn't it then... Will wait a few hours before re-baking...

Thanks. I did choose most of them, for example History, Notes, Fortune cookie, etc.... But I forgot to take the HTC/Rosie launcher so not sure if it is related to that but some of the other people can probably confirm that?

Umm, yes, that'll be the problem.

I just wiped and flashed a fresh build and the widgets are working as intended.

P

Any reason why you don't get a restore backup settings prompt at the start? Is it just HTC's Froyo implemetation?

Yeah, i'll look into if I can add that though (I think so).

P

OK folks, so here's the way we're gonna roll... i'm going to add a couple more HTC Widgets and update a few components today, then we're going to feature freeze for RC1.

RC tasks...

• Fix any outstanding bugs
  • Update changelog and first post with features
  • Add 'odex me' option to the kitchen

So, later today, any new feature requests will go into a forthcoming r9 WIP and we should have a full r8 release later this week!

P

Umm, yes, that'll be the problem.

I just wiped and flashed a fresh build and the widgets are working as intended.

P

Hmmmmmmm, might just give it a go and see.... Cheers....

Also my apps are installing to the internal memory, rather than sd card. I used rom manager to format it, am sure I chose 512mb for ext and 0 for swap, the rest should be fat32... Any tips there or maybe I didn't select something in the rom selection? Thanks.

Although can someone quickly reply to this one please so I can get it working?

Guest zombiefly
OK folks, so here's the way we're gonna roll... i'm going to add a couple more HTC Widgets and update a few components today, then we're going to feature freeze for RC1.

RC tasks...

So, later today, any new feature requests will go into a forthcoming r9 WIP and we should have a full r8 release later this week!

P

great! i'll hold off until freeze then.

Does odex mean it will run faster but can't be themed or do I have that the wrong way round?

Paul, can you please check why menu button unlocks the screen? (I do not like it, how can I disable it? ) I've baked standard Android lock sreen and "wake trackball only"..

Edited by dezmo

Guest Albert Poon

RC tasks...

P

Good to go here, I am very happy with the current set of features.

Thanks man!

Did you select A2SD or A2SD+?

P

Am sure I chose A2SD but if that is the only thing then I will double check when I reinstall cos I want my HTC home screen, got used to that now, thanks.

Guest beady_uk

I have a problem, when i import my contacts from SD card (after i have done a full wipe and flash from R5) all my contact numbers are in the format xxx-xxx-xxxx. These dash's between the numbers caused havoc with my car through bluetooth. I had the same problem when i came from stock and rooted to R5 and i had to manually go through the phone book and alter all the numbers to take out all the dash's. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Paul, can you please check why menu button unlocks the screen? (I do not like it, how can I disable it? ) I've baked standard Android lock sreen and "wake trackball only"..

It's in the framework, I can add an option to disable it.

P

Exclusive - HTC Call Mom Sense widget (ported to HDPI by yours truly) is now in the kitchen.

It's cool! :D

Lol ;)

Although us UK'ers should have it as Call Mum :D

Edited by twe

Guest mrharm

RC tasks...

P

Just flashed the latest WIP over a rooted stock HTC 2.2. Overall great ROM; however, I have experienced one or two issues:

1) Up time equals awake time. So basically a return of a common HTC 2.1 issue. Did not experience this on stock, and have not added any apps etc. I did not use then.

2) Sync icon displayed constantly in the notification area (might be related to 1)?). Again, no changes in my usage from the stock ROM which would explain this.

Any thoughts?