MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest LouiS22
Just flashed the latest WIP over a rooted stock HTC 2.2. Overall great ROM; however, I have experienced one or two issues:

1) Up time equals awake time. So basically a return of a common HTC 2.1 issue. Did not experience this on stock, and have not added any apps etc. I did not use then.

2) Sync icon displayed constantly in the notification area (might be related to 1)?). Again, no changes in my usage from the stock ROM which would explain this.

Any thoughts?

Did you miss Friendstream from the bake? If yes, that's why the constant sync icon is in the notification area.

Guest mrharm
Did you miss Friendstream from the bake? If yes, that's why the constant sync icon is in the notification area.

D'oh.

Guess that leaves number 1 :D

Guest mrharm
That causes number 1. :D

P

Thanks.

Another thing I just noticed: The browser keeps giving me "too many server redirects" errors on a lot of pages (including this one). Had this issue on some of the early FroYo-roms based on leaks, but not on stock.

Another case of me having done something silly in baking?

Thanks.

Another thing I just noticed: The browser keeps giving me "too many server redirects" errors on a lot of pages (including this one). Had this issue on some of the early FroYo-roms based on leaks, but not on stock.

Another case of me having done something silly in baking?

Never seen that i'm afraid...

P

@Paul: I got this when i followed your instructions to get the modified maps to show up:

c:\android\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb install Maps.r8.apk

851 KB/s (3993703 bytes in 4.580s)

pkg: /data/local/tmp/Maps.r8.apk

Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_SHARED_USER_INCOMPATIBLE]

c:\android\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps

Failure

Same problem with the widges here. I cant find them.

Edited by Nicke

Guest impolyt
@Paul: I got this when i followed your instructions to get the modified maps to show up:

c:\android\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb install Maps.r8.apk

851 KB/s (3993703 bytes in 4.580s)

pkg: /data/local/tmp/Maps.r8.apk

Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_SHARED_USER_INCOMPATIBLE]

c:\android\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps

Failure

Same problem with the widges here. I cant find them.

you have to push them via adb (adb push "source" /system/app/) in recovery mode

you have to push them via adb (adb push "source" /system/app/) in recovery mode

I just followed Pauls instructions earlier in the thread. :D

I dont think it would help to push the file to the phone...

Edited by Nicke

Guest gubacsek
@Paul any update on iptables and the tun.ko fix

Peter

+1 on this.

I was so happy to finally get vpn working,and now it is impossible to use it again without tun.ko.

Please Paul, try to do something! (i would like to learn how to compile kernel and modules,but I'm stuck with all those switches for cross compiling with gcc... maybe you could point me in a direction for some good documentation)

Thanks!

Very strange, try doing 'adb shell mount /system && adb push Maps.r8.apk /system/app/Maps.apk' in recovery then 'adb uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps' after booting the device...

P

Guest pfsykes

@Paul

I have baked a few times since you added some new HTC widgets i have not wiped b4 upgrade and they are not showing in widgets.

Peter

EDIT

I opened the baked rom found the APK files copied them to my SD card and used astro to uninstall and reinstall now they show up.

Edited by pfsykes

+1 on this.

I was so happy to finally get vpn working,and now it is impossible to use it again without tun.ko.

Please Paul, try to do something! (i would like to learn how to compile kernel and modules,but I'm stuck with all those switches for cross compiling with gcc... maybe you could point me in a direction for some good documentation)

Thanks!

This will be sorted shortly...

P

Guest LouiS22
@Paul

I have baked a few times since you added some new HTC widgets i have not wiped b4 upgrade and they are not showing in widgets.

Peter

You need to clear Data on HTC Sense @ Applications. You have to readd all your screen settings (like widgets, etc), but it's just a 5 minutes work, and you'll have the HTC widgets to use.

Guest impolyt
I just followed Pauls instructions earlier in the thread. :D

I dont think it would help to push the file to the phone...

oh ok, my fault. sry man

Guest rickako

Having a problem with Google goggles fc after updating.

it runs through the intro pages then asks for extended permission for something then just as it is about to start it closes. Camera app is working fine tho.

Guest pfsykes
@Paul

Peter

EDIT

I opened the baked rom found the APK files copied them to my SD card and used astro to uninstall and reinstall now they show up.

You need to clear Data on HTC Sense @ Applications. You have to readd all your screen settings (like widgets, etc), but it's just a 5 minutes work, and you'll have the HTC widgets to use.

See my previous quote I have all my screens full and dont want to reset everything again.

Peter

Guest LouiS22
See my previous quote I have all my screens full and dont want to reset everything again.

Peter

Then don't use the new widgets :D All you have to re-setup is just your screen settings, not the whole device. Around 20 taps on the screen :D