MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest chucky.egg

Do you need to do that?

If you just remove the Sense clock, and add it again it asks you for the Location (choose Current) and it should work - at least, it does for me!

You can also enable/disable the full screen weather animations

Guest Vulpix

Can someone tell me how to add those governors likes Interactive and the likes to this ROM? After installing SetCPU, I don't see any other governors other than ondemand and max performance.

Guest riverboat2001
Hi Paul,

Unticking Google Mail just won't work. It's still bake into ROM. Mind to help up ?

Many thanks.

Yep, same for me, the kitchen wording does imply that leaving it blank will leave out gmail...but it's still there!

Guest mitchk
After flashing a custom rom for the first time, on the first view everything seams to be very good. But after looking into "SystemPanel", i saw that the cpu speed is always between 600 till full Mhz with 6,6 cpu utilisation. With the htc sense rom 2.1 it was much lower..

yep - same for me but it seems all the Froyo ROMS I have tried do this ?

it is as if something is polling in the background.

wierd - haven't found what it is yet but I think this is causing battery loss

Guest fudgeboy

Paul,

When the prebakes arrive, could we please have QR codes for them, to make it easier to use them with ROM Manager? That would be a nice little bonus.

Ta!

James

Guest thephreak
Have you tried adding it to one of your homescreens?

well i tried but i couldn't select it as a wiget ? or am i doing it wrong :D (good chance i am :D)

Guest Hammerhand

I've tried, but it still doesn't show the current location correctly (neither inside the weather application, so I think it doesn't get it correctly)...

Guest DigitalC
Why am I running out of room almost instantly all the time with the HTC roms vs the Nexus one roms?

No idea... I'm using a2sd+ and have 108MB free and that's with a lot of apps installed

Guest camdenhandbrake
Why am I running out of room almost instantly all the time with the HTC roms vs the Nexus one roms?

Are you using Titanium backup?

If so, check that it hasn't duplicated all your widgets and application shortcuts on your homescreens.

Guest dchuraman

i cant get a fix on GPS with r8 RC1, either that or its taking a very long time, i left it 5 minutes and still nothing, same in maps and foursquare, and location based service. anyone else?

Guest EddyOS
Yes, and else in Spain (my wife's phone works well), but not mine...

I mean FancyWidget, HTC weather one it very hit and miss for me (hence me using FancyWidget as it never fails)

I am getting warnings about low space. Have moved all I can to SD card (which is not a lot). A lot of applications don't yet have this option unfortunately. I presume the code needed is not in the apps yet

I was wondering though, I baked with A2SD. Could I rebake and flash without wipe with A2SD+? Would this free me any space or break it?

Thanks all for your help

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks

Guest wheelbot
Are you using Titanium backup?

If so, check that it hasn't duplicated all your widgets and application shortcuts on your homescreens.

I do use T-Backup and it hasn't duplicated widgets. Weird I know.

Guest EroThraX

This rom is Deodexed, so it is probably due to that.

I lose about 50Mb of potential space coming from an odexed 2.2 sense rom to this ROM.

That doesn't make sense. All the /system dex files are moved to /cache after the first boot. So there should be NO difference after that first boot.

P

Guest BendIt2.0

Hey Guys,

it seems that the latest release has a bug with the gps system and possibly umts/hsdpa.

This afternoon ive used google maps as navigation app in my car for over a 2hours-rough-ride through the city...(realy, realy big traffic jam :-/)

i have a battery charger in my car so that the battery couldnt discharge during the ride. when i was @ home i closed google maps and disabled the gps system.

20mins later my phone was completely discharged. (from 100% because of charging in my car)

strange, isnt it?

just 4 information :D

cheers,

BendIt

Hey Guys,

it seems that the latest release has a bug with the gps system and possibly umts/hsdpa.

This afternoon ive used google maps as navigation app in my car for over a 2hours-rough-ride through the city...(realy, realy big traffic jam :-/)

i have a battery charger in my car so that the battery couldnt discharge during the ride. when i was @ home i closed google maps and disabled the gps system.

20mins later my phone was completely discharged. (from 100% because of charging in my car)

strange, isnt it?

just 4 information :D

cheers,

BendIt

Just curious, is the charger HTC original?

Edit: Could this be the case for you? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=2

I hope my english is somewhat understandable in the post. :D

Edited by Nicke