Web Browser Issues

Guest mkslt4

Guest mkslt4

I've had a problem for a while that every time I'm on 3G the browser returns an Access Forbidden error. All the other apps work just fine, it's just the browser, and only when I'm not on wifi. I have tried rebooting the phone, clearing the browser data, turning flight mode on and off.

I've tried installing various roms, but alas to no success.

Anybody else having this issue?

Guest sashamed

I have problem , like many other, with dropping gsm network after switching off screen. But, I experimentaly used another ,newer generation , sim card (which is locked by pin code) , and gsm works without dropping. I think that I must replace my too old sim card (i think it have 8k space), with newer generation (32k or 64k).

Guest nikjensie

Go into your Access Point settings and check if a proxy is configured for the connection. Remove if it is...

Test again..

/Nik

I had the exact issue (no browser over 3G but all else working) with CM6 but after a lot of searching it just occurred to me to check my access point name and even though it was semi configured, it was missing some info (Port # specifically) and without specifying the port number, weather and apps and all things would work, except browser over 3G. So check your APN settings and compare to you official APN settings for your carrier and make sure all the info is there. Like i said, for mine everything was there except Port # and as soon as i popped it in, everything worked!!

hope this helps