micro-USB to HDMI cable for GalaxyS

Guest Michael Pang

Guest Compuse

sweet, just got myself a new 24" monitor, already knew that there's no composite video connection and already gave up the hope playing games thought my galaxy s on this screen, but now, seems that jack to hdmi isn't out of the question!!

Sweet can't wait to try!

edit; ah right, the microusb connection to hdmi ofcourse ..

Edited by Compuse

Guest med07

It seems true but im not sure its real hdmi support by the phone.

Think a sort of usb video card displaying by hdmi port.

Sounds more logical than passing hdmi signal by the 4 pins of usb port...

It s explain the price too

A sort of product like this but engineered by samsung and integrated in small box in cable : http://www.cooldrives.com/usb-hdmi-adapter-dvi.html

If software support well optimized we can hope for a real hd video out: 720p or 1080i/p pixel to pixel display for videos pictures and may browser and game at higher resolution...

But let s wait and see...

Edited by med07

Guest chimerical26

If anyone goes and buys one of these could they verify if it is possible to also use your charger to keep the phone powered while you watch a movie? It looks like there is a micro USB slot at the side of the HDMI plug... perhaps you can charge it through this?

The good thing about the 3.5'' tv out is that you can keep the phone charge while the movie is playing.

I thought this was great until I discovered that using allshare I can play my movies through the PS3 using wifi and I don't even have to get off my ass to go messing with tv cables.... a really couch potatoes phone....lol! :(

Guest hiperjp

"*Note* The HDMI to MicroUSB cable will be compatible with the U.S. variants such as T-Mobile’s Samsung Vibrant and AT&T’s Samsung Captivate."

This means that the International version has no support? :(

Guest bushrat
"*Note* The HDMI to MicroUSB cable will be compatible with the U.S. variants such as T-Mobile’s Samsung Vibrant and AT&T’s Samsung Captivate."

Article title: "Samsung’s Latest Accessory Will Allow HDMI Out on Galaxy S"

Guest Kilack

No...

Clove a very respected shop in the UK that sells internationally are advertising it for the i9000.

35 quid.

"Overview of Samsung Galaxy S I9000 MicroUSB to HDMI cable

This official Samsung MicroUSB to HDMI cable allows you to connect your Samsung I9000 Galaxy S directly to your TV's HDMI port. The cable allows you to easily share photos, videos and slide shows with an entire room full of people. "

Edited by Kilack