CUSTOM ROM vodafone 845

Guest freddyemmer

Guest freddyemmer

Known bugs

• To use the logging function of the superuser app you need to wipe the cache of the application. (Menu --> Settings --> Applications --> Manage Applications --> Menu --> Filter --> All --> Superuser Permissions --> Clear Data)

Edited by freddyemmer

Guest Hanseatix

Hi Freddyemmer,

Many thanks for your good work. I bought a V845 with german VF-Apps and flashed it yesterday your ROM 1.1. Everything works fine except the "favorites" in the contact application. I can mark a person as a fav (tapping on the star right to the name) but the does not appear in the favorites-list. I tried some other contact-apps, but only "ConTAGs" is able to show the favorites (but is to slow).

Regards

Hanseatix

Guest freddyemmer
Hi Freddyemmer,

Many thanks for your good work. I bought a V845 with german VF-Apps and flashed it yesterday your ROM 1.1. Everything works fine except the "favorites" in the contact application. I can mark a person as a fav (tapping on the star right to the name) but the does not appear in the favorites-list. I tried some other contact-apps, but only "ConTAGs" is able to show the favorites (but is to slow).

Regards

Hanseatix

I'm going to have a look at it..

Guest Simon O

Freddyemmer: Are you using the Pulse Mini recovery image on your 845? If that works fine then you'll be able to use ClockworkMod Recovery also. Theres an app in the market called ROMManager by Koush which is a front-end for ClockworkMod Recovery and also allows you to flash this recovery from inside Android. The benefits of this recovery are huge. My favourite feature is the ability to flash rom updates and create backups from inside Android.

Any issues you have been having with custom frameworks is down to the rom being odexed. I've deodexed the entire V845 rom as I was planning to make a custom rom, but that's on the back burner for now. But if you like I can upload the deodexed files if they are any use to you?

Edited by flibblesan

Guest freddyemmer
Freddyemmer: Are you using the Pulse Mini recovery image on your 845? If that works fine then you'll be able to use ClockworkMod Recovery also. Theres an app in the market called ROMManager by Koush which is a front-end for ClockworkMod Recovery and also allows you to flash this recovery from inside Android. The benefits of this recovery are huge. My favourite feature is the ability to flash rom updates and create backups from inside Android.

Any issues you have been having with custom frameworks is down to the rom being odexed. I've deodexed the entire V845 rom as I was planning to make a custom rom, but that's on the back burner for now. But if you like I can upload the deodexed files if they are any use to you?

yes please i'm having massive problems with deodexing this rom.. could you deodex my 1.2 version? many thanks!

Guest Simon O
yes please i'm having massive problems with deodexing this rom.. could you deodex my 1.2 version? many thanks!

I've sent a link to you PM

Guest freddyemmer
Hi!

If I have v.1.1, I need to wipe all data before upgrade to v.1.3?

thx!

Nope just flash over it.. only if you get any strange error or something like that you need to wipe

Guest Capmaan
I like your ROM it's very nice! But please add the old Widgets like the clock and the bookmarks! Would be very nice!

and please add a black statusbar and a little eye candy :D

Guest freddyemmer
I like your ROM it's very nice! But please add the old Widgets like the clock and the bookmarks! Would be very nice!

Download the original vodafone apps and install them yourself ;-)

Guest Capmaan
That's not possible at the moment because i don't get the rom deodexed..

Ok sry i know nothing about cooking ROM's, i just wanted to give a suggestion :D

Guest freddyemmer
OK sry i thought that these apps were just the Vodafone branded apps :D

no problem all the original apps that i deleted are in those files.

Guest Pepo79

Sorry for being offtopic lads, but noone replied yet in my standalone topic. I see you are doing here ROM flashing of Vodafone 845. Just quick question for you. Are you still using Vodafone sim card in your phones? Or are you using sim from different operator = it means you have your phone unlocked. If so how did you unlock this phone? Once again sorry for bothering.

Guest tonemgub1

Hi,

You do a good work, but anybody could tell me if I can use this rom in a Huawei Selina (Yoigo -Spain)? Anybody tried it? I think it is the same mobile than 845 (u8110), but I am not sure if it'll work fine.

Thank you.