Another OTA update thread...

Guest absinthemeninded

Guest absinthemeninded

Ok I cracked my screen and will have to send the phone in to be repaired, so I figure why not play with the OTA version of Froyo for a bit first.

I have previously rooted my phone and have used custom ROMs a plenty so I have no problems there.

However, today I went back to stock 1.15.405.4 with the aim of updating OTA. However, I received the "Your phone is up to date message".

Any idea how I can get the update?

(I know that this may mean that I can't root in the future)

Thanks

Al

Guest hazi1964
Ok I cracked my screen and will have to send the phone in to be repaired, so I figure why not play with the OTA version of Froyo for a bit first.

I have previously rooted my phone and have used custom ROMs a plenty so I have no problems there.

However, today I went back to stock 1.15.405.4 with the aim of updating OTA. However, I received the "Your phone is up to date message".

Any idea how I can get the update?

(I know that this may mean that I can't root in the future)

Thanks

Al

Is your phone network locked? If so, have you debranded again? I think you would need to debrand in order to get the ota update if you're locked to a network.

I'm locked to T Mobile so wouldn't get the ota update option, however, I debranded and now have generic stock rom and could do the ota update if I wanted to. I'm not because I am rooted so would have to unroot I believe and I want to keep my root access.

Why not wait to see what Paul comes up with before doing an ota update? I know I wouldn't want to lose root if I had the choice (which I do).

Hope this helps.

Alison