03/August r2 - XXJP3 (Froyo) pre-rooted / insecure boot / ClockworkMod recovery for Odin

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ZAnwar
Science Paul doesn't have time to read all the PM's (and i don't blame him at all ! ) i'm posting here the pm that i send to him , maybe someone knows how.

" Before i installed your custom rom+root i had the I9000XXJF5 wich by the way is quite hard to find . I didn't rooted my phone before your easy version, but now i'm facing a new problem. So far i have no issues with the phone but if i'll eventualy have to send it to service, how can i unroot this version.

Do i have to : First reinstall the JF5 rom and then unroot . Or unroot while having the jp3 installled ? I'm asking cause the Android Terminal Emulator or the One Click Unroot are not wokring on me phone.

The way i tried was like this: Used again the Odin app, used a normal rom I9000XXJF5 (the rar file(173 MBs) that i found had the 3 files) , and i used the 513 pit file cause with the 512 Odin was not going on with the I9000XXJF5 installation.

With the One click unroot, on the phone screen, one line was missing( Reinstall Packages) but that is probably for rooting not for unrooting. Also a few lines bellow a line telling me that a file was not found ritten in red colour.

With the Android Terminal Emulator the superuser apk was not found.

Do i have to unroot while having your jp3 installed ? I'm waitng for a helping solution . Thank you ! "

PS: A Terminal Emulator worked only on the jp3 rom. Also how do i know if my phone is unrooted , where do i look?

When you reflash with a different firmware (which doesn't have root pre-done), you lose root automatically.

Guest Alexzander_Lexx
When you reflash with a different firmware (which doesn't have root pre-done), you lose root automatically.

Thanks a lot :D ! I'll try it tonight . So if i install a new unrooted firmware, in the Settings\About hone\Kernel Verssion 2.6.32.9 root@sep-53 #1, i should have only the kernel version without the root line ? Cause when i installed that xxjf5 that i found the root line was there . I wil try with one from this list http://samsung-firmware.webs.com/samsungi9000.htm. The I9000XXJF7 to be more exact. But do i use again the pit file ? The list points that the pit file is not necessary with that firmware or what ? I'll give it a shot with the I9000XXJF7 rom anyway.

Also i've seen that kies give a message that this "kind" of firmware (maybe is just about the test version in general or rooted ones), can't be upgradable. It's not saying anymore that there are no upgrades. So when the official frosyo wil be released via Kies i will not be able to upgrade ? Not even after reisntalling a "normal" rom ?

PS: I've installed the I9000XXJF7 and now in Settings\About hone\Kernel Verssion it seys 2.6.29 root@SE-S603 #2. And is says this version on the device isn not upgradable. So my guess is that the "root" is still there science this is a normal rom. Shouldn't be the There is no upgrade needed or something ?

Edited by Alexzander_Lexx

Guest Alexzander_Lexx
The "root line" will still be there.

That's got nothing to do with rooting and Superuser.

OK This part i understand. But whoat about Kies. Keep telling me this message: "This device's version cannot be updated" Shouldn't it sed that there is no updated needed or similar. This mean that the phone is no longer upgradable trough Kies? I know that any new rom can be installed with Odin. But i wanted to install roms also with kies.

Thank for the answers :D. Now i'm testing a I9000XWJM5 rom with a custom CSC file, cause i have some apps that don't work well on froyo(yet cause they are early versions posible never updatable). I get 2195 points in Quadrant Advanced (full version).

Guest suman_pal78

Great Paul...I am from India (DDGJ4) and yesterday flashed your JP3 (with repartition selected in Odin)...Excellent experiance so far. Will update about further results.

Waiting for your next release...

Guest Alexzander_Lexx

I went today to see the guys from where i got the phone. They told me that there's no problem with reflashit the device as long as you don't brick it or not messing with the hardware physically or software( fried cpu due to overcloking).

PS : Any froyo (test version of course) with the Romanian language for the samsung keypad swipe input. I have no issues with the english (i preffer it over my language), but i'm asking for a friend who needs not only the menu in romanian but also the input metod to be as well in romanian.

Edited by Alexzander_Lexx

Guest Denny.Wong
I gave JP2 w/Market Fix a go but soon realised it seems to have all the same issues as JP3 plus a slower browser. It did have the market fix though.

I've since flashed back to Paul's JP3, and amended the following lines in /system/build.prop (after a nandroid backup!) and now the protected apps show up again in the market

I guess you could also use the Eris Market fix from the market, but at least with this one it'll be the same hardware fingerprint.

(this build.prop thing reminds me of hours spent messing with config.sys on MSDOS twenty years ago ...)

I just tried your method and it works! Thanks! Don't use Eris Market Fix for JP3, I done it and causing Market FC. I forgot to backup before appply so reflash JP3 is the only way to fix it. :huh:

Guest PPicasso73

Hello

What is about the problem with the tethering-funktion in the rooted JP3-version? Is there any fix to use the phone as a mobile hotspot?

I'm sorry about my bad English but I'm German.

A lot of thanks for your help.

Greets, Marc

Edited by PPicasso73

Guest ffoo3d

Think I briked my phone :-(

before flashing with r3 it got a I9000BVJF3 Rom on ORANGE FR

This Rom was fully themed by Orange, with custom Launcher, apps etc...

Download mode did not worked with home+vol down+power (only with adb reboot download)

So after flashed with R3 the phone is booting with the Samsung bootanimation then the phone start to rumble one time, then the screen goes black with menu and back button highlighted, and the phone keeps rumbling time to time.

Bad news is that key combination VolUP or VolDown + Home + power do nothing. No recovery and no Download mode.

Is there people in the same sh*t ? Paul can you tell me if i am totaly fuc*** or not ?

thanks in advance people.

i am having the same problem, I even tried reinstalling again and same problem happens when i turn phone off.

any fixes ?

So, I had to return my phone to my provider (orange fr) claiming the phone was not working anymore. They gave me a brand new one (it tooks 1 day), wich have the download mode available. So I could flash the new one with JP3 via Odin without any problem.

Maybe you can try to exchange you faulty phone.

• 1 month later...
Guest marvinph

hi how do i apply this to my sgs gti9000 on 3 network

firmware version 2.1-update1

baseband version i9000NEJG1

kernal version 2.6.29 root@se-s603#2

build number ECLAIR.NEJG3

oclf lag fix with the update.......

not totally impressed with the market issues.............. wont always finnish downloads ?????

regards in advance to all

hi how do i apply this to my sgs gti9000 on 3 network

firmware version 2.1-update1

baseband version i9000NEJG1

kernal version 2.6.29 root@se-s603#2

build number ECLAIR.NEJG3

oclf lag fix with the update.......

not totally impressed with the market issues.............. wont always finnish downloads ?????

regards in advance to all

Don't bother installing this ROM... it's quite old. Best to download one of the newer ROMs from the xda forum or samfirmware.com. Newest Froyo rom is JPM/JP6.

@Paul (if you read this) - any chance of a new MoDaCo ROM coming our way soon?

Edited by irvine

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...