Making your own mods

Guest Gjole86

Guest Gjole86

So far i managed to modify MG r3 to add some apk's and remove crap i dont want. But wanting to go further and build mod from stock rom (updata.app) i had to learn some stuff about android system, what is where and stuff.

Used tools: cygwin as base to run linux sctipts, ActivePerl-5.12.1.1201, JRE 6u21 and android kitchen from xda.

So far, i use U8110 V100R001C157B229SP01 (Hungary Redbull) coz i like it, pure vanilla android (white/green colors). Extracted the system and boot img files, made some edits to it (mainly removed bloatware, all extra images, ringtones). booted into it from 3rd time yay! but as expected there were problems :D

1. Cant find any network to connect to. i mean GSM network. added the /cust stuff from t-mobile and removed RedBull.

2. Wifi cant turn on, but gps and bluetooth works.

3. Added superuser, a2sd and busybox but none worked ;)

So instead of googling my a$$ off, i thought to open a topic so community see and learn how to make mods and more important solve major problems like this.

Any thought how to solve some of these problems? Also i would like tho learn how to move kernel from 1 rom to another.

So far i cant modify boot.img because simply no tools yet to build it back :D