Stock Recovery Image

Guest dopetastic

Guest dopetastic

I am looking for the stock recovery image for T-Mobile Nexus One. Before I get berated for not using the search function, let me assure you that I have searched this forum, XDA and Google. I have also tried using Paul's stock images and for some reason, I can't extract the individual partition files. If anyone could shed some light on how to re-flash the stock recovery image, I would greatly appreciate it.

Guest fuzio1963
I am looking for the stock recovery image for T-Mobile Nexus One. Before I get berated for not using the search function, let me assure you that I have searched this forum, XDA and Google. I have also tried using Paul's stock images and for some reason, I can't extract the individual partition files. If anyone could shed some light on how to re-flash the stock recovery image, I would greatly appreciate it.

http://www.androidtechnical.info/romlib.html

OEM file.

Guest dopetastic
Might I ask why you would want to go back to stock? Purely curiosity :D

Just trying to get it as close to stock as I can before I sell it. I realize the bootloader will still be unlocked and warranty is likely voided. Just wanted to market to people that may not want to mod it like us. If I put the stock recovery image back on there, whoever buys will be able to get the OTA updates without any issues. But, if they do want to mod it, the bootloader will be unlocked and they'll have a clean slate to work with.

Guest dopetastic

Ok, small update. I tried downloading the stock rom packed with the individual partition files and tried extracting on my Windows machine and no luck. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Ideas anyone?

Guest jwhipple
Ok, small update. I tried downloading the stock rom packed with the individual partition files and tried extracting on my Windows machine and no luck. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Ideas anyone?

A little more info from you would help.

What exactly do you mean, "no luck"? Are you getting an error message when trying to extract the files, or are you having trouble doing the flash of the recovery partition image?

Basically when you extract, you want to exact the file from the zip, Recovery.img .

Do not try to extract anything further - the .img file is what you will need to flash via fastboot onto the phone.

Edited by jwhipple

Guest PTzero

Windows Explorer can't open some of the ROM .zip files. Try using IZArc instead. (http://www.izarc.org/)

Guest dopetastic
A little more info from you would help.

What exactly do you mean, "no luck"? Are you getting an error message when trying to extract the files, or are you having trouble doing the flash of the recovery partition image?

Basically when you extract, you want to exact the file from the zip, Recovery.img .

Do not try to extract anything further - the .img file is what you will need to flash via fastboot onto the phone.

When extracting in Windows (extraction wizard), I get an error that reads "The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted." I also get a similar message when trying in OSX. I downloaded Stuffit Expander and was still unable to extract files.

Guest jwhipple
When extracting in Windows (extraction wizard), I get an error that reads "The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted." I also get a similar message when trying in OSX. I downloaded Stuffit Expander and was still unable to extract files.

Ok so it sounds like the file you're download is corrupted - it's not something you're doing wrong. Where are you downloading it from? Have you tried good old fashioned WinZip ?

Guest dopetastic
Ok so it sounds like the file you're download is corrupted - it's not something you're doing wrong. Where are you downloading it from? Have you tried good old fashioned WinZip ?

I'm downloading form here...

Here is the link.

I'm downloading from the image format section where Paul says "This is the original secure signed zip from HTC. It contains all of the images for the various partitions on the device, which can be flashed via fastboot. To flash, extract the command 'fastboot flash partition imagename'. For example, to flash the boot image, use 'fastboot flash boot boot.img' and to flash the system partition use 'fastboot flash system system.img'."

I tried a couple of different roms and on different machines.

I haven't tried WinZip. I'll give it a shot.

Guest jwhipple
I'm downloading form here...

Here is the link.

I'm downloading from the image format section where Paul says "This is the original secure signed zip from HTC. It contains all of the images for the various partitions on the device, which can be flashed via fastboot. To flash, extract the command 'fastboot flash partition imagename'. For example, to flash the boot image, use 'fastboot flash boot boot.img' and to flash the system partition use 'fastboot flash system system.img'."

I tried a couple of different roms and on different machines.

I haven't tried WinZip. I'll give it a shot.

I downloaded the EPE76 file from that page just now and extracted just fine using WinRAR.

Guest jwhipple
Cool, I'll give that one a shot. Thanks.

If you continue to have issues, I would suggest the following:

1) Clear out your cache and temporary files on your browser - you may have downloaded a buggy copy and each time you're trying again, it's pulling the same nasty copy out of cache.

or

2) Try a different browser - this will eliminate the issues with the bad version being in cache.

I'll help in any way I can!

Jon

Guest dopetastic

Ok, WinRAR was the ONLY tool I found that worked for extracting all the files. I flashed the stock recovery, system and boot images then let the phone do the rest to get itself up to official 2.2. Works great except for two small things...the home and search keys don't work. They worked before and I didn't run into anything out of the ordinary but they just don't work at all. Any ideas?

Guest jwhipple
Ok, WinRAR was the ONLY tool I found that worked for extracting all the files. I flashed the stock recovery, system and boot images then let the phone do the rest to get itself up to official 2.2. Works great except for two small things...the home and search keys don't work. They worked before and I didn't run into anything out of the ordinary but they just don't work at all. Any ideas?

Glad that worked for you!

Not sure on the keys issue - I'll leave that open for anyone else to respond to if they have any ideas.

Guest PTzero

If you want to revert it to completely stock, the quickest way is to download one of these PASSIMG*.zip files from here: http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Passion%20(Nexus%20One)/. Rename the file PASSIMG.zip and copy it to the root directory of your SD card, then restart the phone holding down the power button. I believe you'll want the EPE76 file for T-mobile.

Guest dopetastic
Glad that worked for you!

Not sure on the keys issue - I'll leave that open for anyone else to respond to if they have any ideas.

If you want to revert it to completely stock, the quickest way is to download one of these PASSIMG*.zip files from here: http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Passion%20(Nexus%20One)/. Rename the file PASSIMG.zip and copy it to the root directory of your SD card, then restart the phone holding down the power button. I believe you'll want the EPE76 file for T-mobile.

Fixed! Thanks for everyone's help!