2.2 Froyo for GSM Hero?

Guest shugs81

Guest masterpfa
I'm 2 days on elelinux-1.8 and have to say that ROM is quick and smooth, but it drains my battery in 10-12 hours.

Thinking to try FroydVillain.

on elelinux-1.8

I use Juice Defender as well as setCPU with the following setting

691/245 On demand

245/176 Screen off

Guest Maksymilian
I haven't tried Frydvillain but have elelinux, better the devil you know :P

EDIT: Just updated to FROYO_2.2_elelinux_v1.8, even better :)

can you point in direction for this ROM

Doh! - sorted

Edited by Maksymilian

Guest philos64
Dude I wanna ask you one thing can we use it as a daily ROM ? I only flashed it for like an hour or so, So i'm not sure whether I can use it as my daily ROM.

You know what dear Dr Dre; I use every day this rom since this update. So it's not for like an hour. :lol:

Thank's Dr Dre

Edited by philos64

on elelinux-1.8

I use Juice Defender as well as setCPU with the following setting

691/245 On demand

245/176 Screen off

Juice Defender - how I can to forget about it? :lol:

My Hero can't wake up at 176 screen off, maybe battery < 50%, I couldn't see.

Guest masterpfa
Juice Defender - how I can to forget about it? :lol:

My Hero can't wake up at 176 screen off, maybe battery < 50%, I couldn't see.

You could always set Screen off to 245/245 or 352/245

You know what dear Dr Dre; I use every day this rom since this update. So it's not for like an hour. :lol:

Thank's Dr Dre

Thanks for the Info, I have been using it since morning and it's very smooth and stable even without OC

Guest David Aitken
I'm 2 days on elelinux-1.8 and have to say that ROM is quick and smooth, but it drains my battery in 10-12 hours.

Thinking to try FroydVillain.

There seems to be an issue coming down from CM6 which causes some phones to have a horrible battery drain issue, both Elelinux1.8 and Froyd 1.5 have this issue on my phone, so be prepared to have an equal amount of drain on Froyd (BTW my pref is Froyd as it feels a little snappier on my phone).

Looking for people who have had the drain issue and then lost it ... to find the fix

Guest masterpfa
There seems to be an issue coming down from CM6 which causes some phones to have a horrible battery drain issue

Looking for people who have had the drain issue and then lost it ... to find the fix

I do not have a battery drain issue and that may be because I haven't come down from CM6 but straight from Stock T-Mobile G2 with Android 1.5.

I am currently down to 70% after 14 hrs up time with occasional use, checking e-mails, web browsing, txting and calls.

FROYO_2.2_elelinux_v1.8

Currently using to help with battery life:

Juice Defender (paid version)

Set CPU 691/176 Screen on, 352/176 screen off

:lol:

Guest David Aitken

Yeah not everyone is affected, it could be a hardware issue - another bad day at the htc factory or something else, but while the screen is on and being used the battery will drain at up-to 1%/minute - There are a few of us who are getting desperate to get it fixed, but no-one has an answer yet!

While the screen is off JuicePlotter reports a straight line so there's potential

Edited by David Aitken

Guest masterpfa

Just throwing this in to the arena

Not tried it myself yet, not even too sure if it works, but hey what you got to lose.

(Although it states for Desire I think the same would apply to all phone batteries)

Edited by masterpfa

Well, after some days of using elelinux 1.8 battery life had increased. :lol:

I had recalibrated battery and it lives for ~36 hours.

Using flykernel-10a non-BFS, 372/652 scaling minmax, and not using screen-off profile at all.

Guest masterpfa
Well, after some days of using elelinux 1.8 battery life had increased. :lol:

I had recalibrated battery and it lives for ~36 hours.

Using flykernel-10a non-BFS, 372/652 scaling minmax, and not using screen-off profile at all.

I too have recently converted to the above Kernel and settings especially the not using screen-off profile at all.

:)

Have you had a chance to try Erasmux's ROM yet,

What's your opinion?

It seems to me more smooth, polished and responsive, particularly "default" installation just after flashing the ROM. That's my opinion. Sorry, had not did any overclocking or testing with neocore/linpack/etc.

Guest masterpfa
It seems to me more smooth, polished and responsive, particularly "default" installation just after flashing the ROM. That's my opinion. Sorry, had not did any overclocking or testing with neocore/linpack/etc.

In the name of science and as I'm bored and have the time I shall experiment with a few ROMS this morning, starting with FrodVillain 1.5 (With the Stock Theme!), before Floyo 0.8 ROM from erasmux and maybe Crono's ROM

In the name of science and as I'm bored and have the time I shall experiment with a few ROMS this morning, starting with FrodVillain 1.5 (With the Stock Theme!), before Floyo 0.8 ROM from erasmux and maybe Crono's ROM

I've been using Froyd Villian for, probably, about a week now. I think it's great, hardly had any problems and the battery is about as good as modaco r5

Guest masterpfa
I've been using Froyd Villian for, probably, about a week now. I think it's great, hardly had any problems and the battery is about as good as modaco r5

I have to agree, FroydVillian is running so smooth, trouble or lag free on my phone, so much so I have become a convert from FROYO_2.2_elelinux_v1.9 which unfortunately for me was not as smooth as I would have liked.

I know I'm a little late to this party, but.... Froydvillain 1.5 is just beyond awesome. It's perfectly usable as a daily rom, it's smooth, stable and incredibly fast. For those of you with battery issues - there is a huge thread over on the villainrom forums about this. It's a bug which is in all CM6 based roms, and apparently will be fixed in the next release. I reverted to using Villainrom12 as none of the froyo hero roms would give me more than 7-10 hours battery life. Once it's sorted I'm going straight back to froydvillain though. It's just too awesome.

EDIT - forgot to mention not everyone experiences the battery issues. Some people report phenomenal battery life from Froydvillain, others terrible battery life. Give it a whirl, nonetheless!

Edited by kay_ran

Guest unknownkandyman

do any of the froyo roms have fixed bluetooth so i can connect a wii remote? im looking for a rom that works and does the wii control so far the only one i can get going is madacos rom. darchdroid wont work it gives me this build prop error and i cant seem to wipe my dalvik cache or sd ext. it says use adb but even in adb it wont work. i thoughtit might have something to do with the recovey image but so far i cant seem to figure out how to swap it for my recovery-RA-v1.5.2.img

sorry for the noob question butplease help me ive been everywhere i can think of and find without prevail

Guest odin13

the latest good froyo roms are:

elelinux 2.0 or Special Edition (both include Flykernel10a with tweaks)

floyo 1.0 (Flykernel11 included; based on latest CM6 sources)

and if you want to do some customizing yourself try out the latest CM6 nightly build;

running it myself and its pretty awesome, only flaw might be batterylife...

for the CM6 nightly i recommend;

- flash Flykernel11

- flash a2sd file from Darktremor (move dalvik to sd too)

*i don't use bluetooth myself so i don't know if it works on the above roms

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jsplace

Without any shadow of a doubt, and I have tried them all, Cronies Froyo 1.3.0 is the fastest, most stable, usable. ROM there is. In fvact its now so stable that there has been no need for a release or bugfix for over 2 weeks now.

If you haven't tried it then give it a go!