J-MOD (based on Android 2.1)

Guest JohnPorter

Hey John,

Still busy fixing the v1.5 issues?

I presume you've got some problems with it since you haven't released it yet?

Np, take your time..better to release a stable rom ;-) good luck with it..

1.4 still runs very very impressive. I now think about moving from very stable CM61, as j-mod 14 runs really speedy AND stable on my wife 's pulse with less issues.

even jit seems to run very stable too.

only issue i have is regarding great market app acontacts: it doesn 't let me edit my contacts. but that's up to acontacts i guess.

z

AND: i installed Espresso framework and can't remember, how to get rid of black clock on black Background.... :-D could anyone help ,please? i could not find anything about that yet, although i know there is more than one threat about.

Just moved from FLB1.7 as I needed to re-flash and thought I'd give J-Mod a go, really pleased couple of FC with Handcent, but other than that it works great. Also had the problem with text in Espresso framework, followed the instructions in the ultimate user guide, but it didn't seem to change anything, so went with the Espresso vanilla instead :P

Guest JohnPorter
1.4 still runs very very impressive. I now think about moving from very stable CM61, as j-mod 14 runs really speedy AND stable on my wife 's pulse with less issues.

even jit seems to run very stable too.

only issue i have is regarding great market app acontacts: it doesn 't let me edit my contacts. but that's up to acontacts i guess.

z

AND: i installed Espresso framework and can't remember, how to get rid of black clock on black Background.... :-D could anyone help ,please? i could not find anything about that yet, although i know there is more than one threat about.

Just moved from FLB1.7 as I needed to re-flash and thought I'd give J-Mod a go, really pleased couple of FC with Handcent, but other than that it works great. Also had the problem with text in Espresso framework, followed the instructions in the ultimate user guide, but it didn't seem to change anything, so went with the Espresso vanilla instead :P

You have to change a setting in the build.prop file in /system. Use Root Explorer or ES File Explorer to do that. Can't remeber which it is but will look and post back later.

v1.5 is a complete rebuild using the UK T-Mobile as the base, I will bite the bullet and release it tonight and see how it goes. Been using in my phone for weeks and with no issues bar one which for some reason using the physical call button to call a contact causes a FC.

You have to change a setting in the build.prop file in /system. Use Root Explorer or ES File Explorer to do that. Can't remeber which it is but will look and post back later.

Follow the Below to change the text colour of the notification bar, and to fix the pop-ups on vanilla roms

If you are running a T-Mobile Style rom YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO THE FOLLOWING

Step 6: Once the phone has booted open the "Root Explorer" or "EStrongs File Explorer" app.

Step 7: Navigate to "build.prop" in the /system directory

Step 8: Edit "build.prop". Find "ro.config.PopupTwink=true" and change it to "ro.config.PopupTwink=false"

Step 9: Edit "build.prop". Find "ro.config.hw_customizeType=01" and change it to "ro.config.hw_customizeType=02"

This will change the notification bar text from Black to White. You can also do the reverse

I changed "ro.config.hw_customizeType=" to "2", but the text is still black. i could not find "ro.config.PopupTwink=true"

Edited by emvau

I changed "ro.config.hw_customizeType=" to "2", but the text is still black. i could not find "ro.config.PopupTwink=true"

Yep same here, though now I've got used to it I quite like the Espresso Vanilla Framework.

Guest skycatcher

Just installed 1.4 last night after screwing up my flb 1.7 by moving the cache to sd on a class 2 card (I didn't check the card until later!)! This is the most stable (lack of fc's) I have used. It is also super fast - nice job mr. porter. I have it setup just like I hadd my flb setup and now just trying to like the navigation. Is it possible to add this to the wee grey button that takes you to all of the apps?

Thanks again,

Sky

Guest JohnPorter
Just installed 1.4 last night after screwing up my flb 1.7 by moving the cache to sd on a class 2 card (I didn't check the card until later!)! This is the most stable (lack of fc's) I have used. It is also super fast - nice job mr. porter. I have it setup just like I hadd my flb setup and now just trying to like the navigation. Is it possible to add this to the wee grey button that takes you to all of the apps?

Thanks again,

Sky

Add what to the grey button?

Guest skycatcher
Add what to the grey button?

sorry john - typo! i had meant to say can anything be added e.g like in flb with the browser and dialler - i felt that just gave more space on the home for widgets - i guess its a personal thing. Anyway as said i'm loving the responsiveness and stability or your rom!

Cheers,

Sky.

Guest olivier k
Say John,

a while back you talked about an update (v1.5).

Is it coming along?

Or are you secretly working on a Stable J-MOD Froyo ROM? ;-) *YES PLEASE!!!!!*

No I think you did not get it Nielzs, it will take a little bit more time to get the Ginger-J-MOD :-)

Edited by olivier k

No I think you did not get it Nielzs, it will take a little bit more time to get the Ginger-J-MOD :-)

That would be awesome!

now we wait for an official ROM release.. *impatient*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Theme Ishere

Even though I moved on to the Blade, I still use the Pulse with Jmod for my German SIM Card.It is just lying around now, with two calls during the last week, and after 144 hours it has still 44% left. That is one thing I miss about the good old Pulse

• 2 months later...
Guest moorkai

Seems like my WiFi is dead after flashing J-MOD, any help?

All in all, the ROM is fast and the vanillaness seems cooler than t-mo bullsh**!

EDIT: Aww sorry, my bad. The IPv4 settings were incorrect. Everything's okay now.

Edited by zYn!x

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...