Best Phone part POLL

Guest barbs666

Guest andrew.mazlim
I am using XBIC1 in western Europa.

PDA:B7300BUIJF2

Radio: i900XBIC1

Yonn Kitchen: Bone + Samsung apps

In this combination battery life is great, no cell problems, no connection problems.

Don't use GPS a lot( will test it later), but I am an power user with my device and

battery has an double life compared to the previous XX phone part from 2008.

All depends on where you live, but we have antenna's all over, and lots of them.

So reception never is an problem here.

But as stated before, it depends on the ROM you are using to. And I never had

any problem using the XX phone part. Until this ROM( nice ROM)

+1! In Britain too, as much as in Italy this summer!

Guest emporto

Thanks for the answers cronogr & andrew.mazlim

I am using vodafone in Turkey so I give a first try to PUJA1

I will let you know for the results

Regards

Guest andrew.mazlim
Thanks for the answers cronogr & andrew.mazlim

I am using vodafone in Turkey so I give a first try to PUJA1

I will let you know for the results

Regards

No problem.

@ new_gerry: There is NO answer for this question. It's like you asking which game-pad or joystick is better for YOUR favorite game! You need to check them ALL by yourself and find out which is the best for your provider.

Guest andrew.mazlim
They are almost the same I think ...

They are both well balanced ! :huh:

To me - since I tried all phones by now, the XBIC1 is A BIT more "ballance"...

Guest andrew.mazlim
XBIC1's battery is also bad. It decreases with a 20% pace - 100, 80, 60... (at least when I tested it)

Nah! With a simple/moderate use, I'm spending at least 5 days without re-charge, bro!

Guest steff195

How come none of you guys didn't mention DXIF1? I (and not only me) find it the best phone part. I'm using it for a few months already. Anyone else who's using it can confim. :huh:

Guest blade87
How come none of you guys didn't mention DXIF1? I (and not only me) find it the best phone part. I'm using it for a few months already. Anyone else who's using it can confim. ;)

We've mentioned it already. :huh: It is good, but eats the battery.

Edited by blade87

Guest andrew.mazlim
If you mean not touching it at all... :huh:

Like I said, I'm doing small/moderate use of... a PHONE & GPS!

I'm using the GPS 1-3 times in... 60 days' frame! (So, not too much).

And I'm using my i900 as phone, to making 3-5 calls per day (1-3 minutes each) and send 6-10 SMS each day. Also, I'm playing over 20-25 minutes chess & backgammon.

THAT'S IT...!

If I want take pictures, I'm using my 600 pounds' digital camera, I'm always carring in my back-pack. If I want to watch a movie/video in the bus/subway, I'm using my 32GB ARCHOS avi player (also always in my back-pack). And finaly, if I want to listen my fevorite AC-DC tracks, I'm using a 8GB SONY Mp3 player.

That's why my i900's battery life last very long; I'm using it as... PDA/GPS (20%) and phone (80%).

Guest blade87
Like I said, I'm doing small/moderate use of... a PHONE & GPS!

I'm using the GPS 1-3 times in... 60 days' frame! (So, not too much).

And I'm using my i900 as phone, to making 3-5 calls per day (1-3 minutes each) and send 6-10 SMS each day. Also, I'm playing over 20-25 minutes chess & backgammon.

THAT'S IT...!

If I want take pictures, I'm using my 600 pounds' digital camera, I'm always carring in my back-pack. If I want to watch a movie/video in the bus/subway, I'm using my 32GB ARCHOS avi player (also always in my back-pack). And finaly, if I want to listen my fevorite AC-DC tracks, I'm using a 8GB SONY Mp3 player.

That's why my i900's battery life last very long; I'm using it as... PDA/GPS (20%) and phone (80%).

Well... I only have four pockets and they are all filled up - two phones, a wallet and keys so there's no place for anything else. :huh:

This is really small usage, not moderate. Like you said "That's why the battery lasts so long", but if you start using it the battery will drain much much faster. As I said before when I used it, the battery went down really fast and the battery meter was inaccurate - 100, 80, 60... and so on.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest semontrax

Hi,

I was just wondering if changing the phone part affects wifi signal strength at all?

Any ideas on what pda part+phone part combo gives best wifi reception?

Thanks.

Guest andrew.mazlim
Hi,

I was just wondering if changing the phone part affects wifi signal strength at all?

Any ideas on what pda part+phone part combo gives best wifi reception?

Thanks.

OF COURSE it does! That's the point of the phone part: Signal, Wi-Fi, GPS... etc.

The roms we're flashing, is the PDA part; they DO playing a part for the stability, signal etc,... but the phone part is all about signal.

Guest semontrax
OF COURSE it does! That's the point of the phone part: Signal, Wi-Fi, GPS... etc.

The roms we're flashing, is the PDA part; they DO playing a part for the stability, signal etc,... but the phone part is all about signal.

thanks :P I'm a latecomer to the smartphone world. I better start flashing then :)

Guest andrew.mazlim
I wish there was a Radio part that combined the GPS fix speed of ZHIE1 with 3G? Battery is good, signal strength is good, call quality is good, just no 3G . . .

So, yοu want... "ballance"! If that's what you need, go to my phone (XBIC1). I've tested almost all.

Edited by andrew.mazlim

So, yοu want... "ballance"! If that's what you need, go to my phone (XBIC1). I've tested almost all.

I'll give this a go and report back :P

Edited by saverio

Guest andrew.mazlim
I'll give this a go and report back :lol:

Do so. I'm a "classic ballanced" user... I want "ALL". Of course, we CAN'T have them all, but this phone part was a REVOLUTION when was released.

Guest leroyjacobs
Do so. I'm a "classic ballanced" user... I want "ALL". Of course, we CAN'T have them all, but this phone part was a REVOLUTION when was released.

Interesting, thanks Andrew so you recommend this for 3G perform well?

Guest andrew.mazlim
Interesting, thanks Andrew so you recommend this for 3G perform well?

It's simple... 3G depends from signal, so you need better signal phone (better than I wrote). Try PUJA1 - I found it better, with worst battery life.