WE ARE NEW .... help us with the ROM's !!

Guest hunterr1234

Hello,

Your problem might be not serious...

I have flashed my phones so many times but not long time ago actually i encounterred a very similar problem what you are having now so as other people on this forum.

The answer of your question is on this forum just search for it.

Your words are like Master Joda's, hahaha

If he could find The answer, he would do that till now, don't you think? :huh:

If you had same problem, why wouldn't you give him exact answer, so we can lock this topic?

Guest hunterr1234
Your words are like Master Joda's, hahaha

If he could find The answer, he would do that till now, don't you think? :huh:

If you had same problem, why wouldn't you give him exact answer, so we can lock this topic?

my phone is still not working !!!

Guest pharao010

Dude try flashing it again and again and use different roms to ..... it worked for me a few times.

But i think there is a topic on first time flashing with some good tips/hints.

I flashed my phone 200 times and got maybe 15 wrong flashes , first time i thought my phone was dead....

And don`t mind the troll-ish replies in here , beware there are post-whores amongst us :huh:.....

they look at your joining date and posts count and then decide your a noob...... lmao

Edited by pharao010

Guest pharao010
THE DOWNLOAD BAR ON MY OMNIA DOES NOT CHANGE .... ITS ALWAYS ONE OR TWO ...

AFTER SHOWING "JOB DONE" MY PHONE RESTARTS AND STAYS LIKE THAT ...

WHAT EXACTLY IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN AFTER WRITING THE IMAGE (100MB) TO THE PHONE ??

after the first time flashing the omnia shuts down, then turn the omnia on again and the pc-app flashes the omnia for a second time , when the omnia is finished it shuts down again. now its finished flashing and when you start it up, you own a brand new phone.

Edited by pharao010

Guest andrew.mazlim

For God sake, hunterr1234! If you're sooo "green" with flashing/customizing and you're afraid soooo much about it, why in the earth you put yourself in this difficult situations?????

It's not... Nuclear Science flashing a rom! But, if you REALLY finding difficult to do it, and even more... you soooo AFRAID to do it, drop the whole idea, stay with your original rom (you can get it from your local Samsung Service store) and...

...never try again WinMo customizing!

My God!

You yelling so frighten, like you... pressed a nuclear missile lancher button.

I wrote you above... READ VERY CAREFULLY, FOLLOW THE STEPS CORECTLY... and you'll NEVER face a single problem with flashing! I've done over 200+ flashing these 1 1/2 year by now, and NEVER faced a flashing problem.

Edited by andrew.mazlim

my phone is still not working !!!

Is samsung usb driver installed ?

Is active sync installed ?

Is the operating system xp ?

Is firewall deactivated ?

If all that's written above is ok then proceed with the flash

1 Start the flash program

2 Power off the phone and wait 30 sek

3 Connect phone

4 Turn on phone

5 Push start button in flash program

In process bar, program will write "job done"

yea its should but it doesnt .....

it gets stuck at "writing dummy csc header"

what is that ??? what idoes dummy csc header do ??

i extracted the exe file and the csc file inside it is 0kb ...does this have anything to do ??

why is it getting stuck there ??

I've not had it stuck at csc downloading in the hundreds of times I've tried, but I did remember once when it "hung" when downloading the pda part.

CSC contains some misc customisations, so I don't include it as all have been moved to the pda part.

As long as the eboot is flashed successfully, you can easily re-flash again.

can anyone help me plz with my problem? about the wrong version error? its in the reply above

greetz

I can't recommend a dutch rom as I've not tried any of them, but there are links to mirrors of the official firmware updaters here on Modaco.

EDIT: Some over at this thread

Edited by ock

Guest Michael vd Hoek

Thanks Ock, think i could solve the prob. now!

But before flashing to a custom rom, should i try 2 update it with an official rom?

Guest hunterr1234
I've not had it stuck at csc downloading in the hundreds of times I've tried, but I did remember once when it "hung" when downloading the pda part.

CSC contains some misc customisations, so I don't include it as all have been moved to the pda part.

As long as the eboot is flashed successfully, you can easily re-flash again.

I can't recommend a dutch rom as I've not tried any of them, but there are links to mirrors of the official firmware updaters here on Modaco.

EDIT: Some over at this thread

not only that ock ..... while downloading the pda alsoo the green bar on the bottom of the omnia doesnt move even though it shows job done !!

y is that ????

and most of the time is fails to write ( like 5/6 times ) i m thinking its the data cable fault or the phone fault ....

have anyone of u faced this problem or know wht the actual problem is ???

My Phone is in the state where when switched on it only shwos "Samsung OMNIA" and thats all , the startup image remains like that forever ....

and in oder to switch it off i have to remove the battery ...

its getting detected by the computer though as MIT device ...

Edited by hunterr1234

Guest Terry666
not only that ock ..... while downloading the pda alsoo the green bar on the bottom of the omnia doesnt move even though it shows job done !!

y is that ????

and most of the time is fails to write ( like 5/6 times ) i m thinking its the data cable fault or the phone fault ....

have anyone of u faced this problem or know wht the actual problem is ???

My Phone is in the state where when switched on it only shwos "Samsung OMNIA" and thats all , the startup image remains like that forever ....

and in oder to switch it off i have to remove the battery ...

its getting detected by the computer though as MIT device ...

Have you try to flash a different ROM?

Can you change USB port on your PC?

I had a VERY similar problem when I tried (like a stupid :huh:) ;) to install a i900 ROM from "daskalos" to my i8000... It stack as yours...

Good luck mate

Guest hunterr1234
Have you try to flash a different ROM?

Can you change USB port on your PC?

I had a VERY similar problem when I tried (like a stupid :huh:) ;) to install a i900 ROM from "daskalos" to my i8000... It stack as yours...

Good luck mate

i did all that mate .... the only thing i havnt tried is changing the cable and throwing away the phone .. lol which i dont want to !!!

Guest hunterr1234

Device name:

EBoot version=01.37

Start downloading...

PDA-Starting updating EBOOT...

PDA-Downloading EBOOT...

PDA-Writing image..

Device name:

EBoot version=01.37

Start downloading...

PDA-Starting updating EBOOT...

PDA-Downloading EBOOT...

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-EBOOT update finished.

PDA-Starting downloading region #1(DISKIMAGE)..

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-Writing failed at 0%.

this is what i am getting currently without changing the data cable ....

most of the times i get check sum error !!

well it says PDA-Writing failed at 0% ..... but it goes till more than 10% and stops !!

Guest Michael vd Hoek

my probl. is solved also! I flased the rom like the discription said on the site and i had no problems what so ever. i downloaded a couple of roms and i flashed my phone 3 time in a row to find out wich rom i liked.

Thanks all!