MCR r8 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bane_dd
It referrer checks - ensure you have adblock / noscript turned off, or try a different browser.

P

I also noticed that it does not work through some proxies. That could also be the issue.

Guest The Virus 2013
Grab Quick System Info off the market. It shows you both internal and A2SD (and a whole bunch of other stuff)

Thanks ! Just what I need :huh:

The only bad thing, is that there is no "ignore list" for the task killer. Had to relaunch TweetDeck every time manually... but for the info, a best of !

Guest mr.hachi

Very good so far but the "Accounts & Sync" icon never dissapears from the task bar, usually it would just show up for a few seconds every now and again and go.

Guest marcuso
Very good so far but the "Accounts & Sync" icon never dissapears from the task bar, usually it would just show up for a few seconds every now and again and go.

I had the same issue and after some research i found that baking friendstream in the rom solved it.

Guest marcuso
Anyway to put friendstream in without a whole new install, or just cook a new rom and put it over the top?

I just cooked a new ROM with FS included (rest exactly the same settings) and flashed it without wipe. You´ll not loose anything, but do a nandroid before - just in case ;-)

Guest pawel.mrk

I don't even remember how many times I was reading about synchro icon, its just boring now :huh:

Paul, DO NOT allow to exclude friendstream in the kitchen - problem solved, hundred post per day less to read :-P

Edited by pawel.mrk

Thanks ! Just what I need :huh:

The only bad thing, is that there is no "ignore list" for the task killer. Had to relaunch TweetDeck every time manually... but for the info, a best of !

Task killers are pretty unnecessary unless you have a runaway app. They can even reduce battery life.

Guest meilechl

Hi Paul,

Thanks for all your hard work. It's much appreciated. Now a small request: would it be possible to add a Hebrew keyboard to the HTC IME? It's just that I prefer their keyboard to Anysoftkeyboard, and it's often too much of a pain to change.

Thanks.

Guest dodolom

Can someone add me "Dogan Cakir" via facebook and then go to my profile and try to play the first video you'll see there or any other video that might be on my profile via either the facebook app, m.facebook.com or touch.facebook.com. I want to know if it's just not playing on my phone or other people's as well.

I've brought this issue up before and Paul convinced me that as long as the videos on m.youtube.com works, then flash is properly installed, however I can not play %90 of the videos that are posted on facebook. I have no clue why and that's why I am asking someone to test it for me.

Thanks in advance,

P.S: Whoever decides to do this test for me, can you please add MODACO in your friendship request.

thnx

EDIT: IF I GO TO WWW.FACEBOOK.COM on my phone, it works just fine - INTERESTING :huh:

Edited by dodolom

New thread opened here : http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...ods-for-mcr-r8/

Hello Paul,

I played with some XDA published scripts and created:

*** a custom.zip that can be merged during kitchen build via 'Custom Ingredients'.

*** a signed_power_update.zip to install it via Custom Recovery in case you don't want to bake a new ROM.

WARNING : The 'disable perflock' must be checked in your kitchen (I based the init.d scipts on this).

My battery life is quite good.

2 and a half days since charged, flashed 2 radios, 5 ROMS, wifi and ssh , voice calls and the battery is ~21% . May be you can add this mod as an option in the kitchen.

This mod installs 2 new governors: powersave and interactive and 2 init.d files.

The idea was taken from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=1 and did some modifications to fit your kitchen. Simply put: when the screen is on the interactive governor is activated (scaling from 245000 to 998400 according to sys load). When screen is off the powersave governor is activated , keeping system on 245Mhz.

[EDIT]

Some feedback regarding the system behavior with interactive governor (speed throughput, GUI effects behavior and so on) will be welcomed.

[EDIT] Info about interactive governor:

The interactive governor controls the switching between available CPU frequencies. The goal of a governor is to provide an optimal balance between the available CPU power and the battery life by clocking the CPU at higher frequencies only when it is actually needed. Usually, when it detects higher CPU load, it switches to higher frequency, when the CPU load drops, it switches to lower freq. Different governors use different switching strategies and different load sensing. The new interactive governor reacts faster than the default ondemand, making the responsiveness of the phone to UI actions even quicker. You can easily switch and compare the governors by SetCPU. The reactions of the conservative governor are the slowest, ondemand is faster, interactive is the fastest.

Forgot to mention that I'm on latest 32.47.00.32_5.10.05.23 radio without installing 'RIL' from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=1 . I'm working on update.zip to install only diffs from RIL: The RIL archive bring these new files (diff to your current ROM):

default.acdb

default_france.acdb

fw_bcm4329_apsta.bin

AudioBTID.csv

libgps.so

libhtc_ril.so

liboemcamera.so

May be it is good to add this RIL update to R9.

Attached signed_ril.zip for radio 32.47.00.32_5.10.05.23 .It contains the files listed above. Use it only with this radio. Do not check Paul's radio in the kitchen.

Cheers

Edited by Sub501

Guest dr_sherman

Hi Paul,

Just baked my first Desire ROM (very nice!)

Two points:

• Is it possible to include the notes application from your Hero build (rather than just the widget)
  • I am trying to add my hotmail account via the mail application, never had a problem with this before but now it is throwing error relating to my username/password being incorrect - any ideas?

Guest theblueraja

Noticed that when playing music with Navigation on as soon as there is an "announcement" e.g. turn left in 100 yards etc the music stops correctly but then fails to start again.

Bug?

BTW - Somebody asked earlier about Navigation causing the phone to reboot after a while, i used it for 5 hours straight the other day on a trip with no issues.

Liking Sub501's post BTW.

Edited by theblueraja

Guest snapilica
Hello Paul,

I played with some XDA published scripts and created a custom.zip that can be merged during kitchen build. My battery life is quite good.

2 and a half days since charged, flashed 2 radios, 5 ROMS, wifi and ssh , voice calls and the battery is ~21% . May be you can add this mod as an option in the kitchen.

This mod installs 2 new governors: powersave and interactive and 2 init.d files. The 'disable perflock' must be checked in your kitchen (I based the init.d scipts on this).

The idea was taken from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=1 and did some modifications to fit your kitchen. Simply put: when the screen is on the interactive governor is activated (scaling from 245000 to 998400 according to sys load). When screen is off the powersave governor is activated , keeping system on 245Mhz.

Forgot to mention that I'm on latest 32.47.00.32_5.10.05.23 radio without installing 'RIL' from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=1 . I'm working on update.zip to install only diffs from RIL: The RIL archive bring these new files (diff to your current ROM):

default.acdb

default_france.acdb

fw_bcm4329_apsta.bin

AudioBTID.csv

libgps.so

libhtc_ril.so

liboemcamera.so

May be it is good to add this RIL update to R9.

Attached signed_ril.zip for radio 32.47.00.32_5.10.05.23 .It contains the files listed above. Use it only with this radio. Do not check Paul's radio in the kitchen.

Cheers

I've installed both updates and I can confirm it works perfectly. Now I'm testing battery life to see how the governors do their job.

Please be aware tho that the ril update only works if you have radio 32.47.00.32_5.10.05.23. Don't try it if you don't have that radio. It might mess your ROM :huh:

Guest aslsthlm
I've installed both updates and I can confirm it works perfectly. Now I'm testing battery life to see how the governors do their job.

Please be aware tho that the ril update only works if you have radio 32.47.00.32_5.10.05.23. Don't try it if you don't have that radio. It might mess your ROM :huh:

Any signal lost ?

Guest Adrian_london

Hi there all. I have a problem

I have installed Froyo 2.2 and everything is working fine. I spoke to a friend of mine who is into pc's/mobiles and he helped me install a ROM onto my phone. It was the

r8 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD+ - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: b55afe026c53004ffa38b11e9eebc912

Basically, when I tried to start my phone it just hangs on the pink circle (which T-Mobile use as their start up). He thinks it might be something to do with the radio. Can anyone help me.

Luckily I had Nandriod on my phone so I was able to revert back to how it was originally.

I am a newbie at this so please be gentle.

Regards,

Adrian

Guest zombiefly

Cheers

Hi, I'm confused, you say you should use the updated radio 32.47.00.32_5.10.05.23 along with the signedril package. So what is the purpose of the custom package and why has it got more downloads than the signedril if that is the one to be used? :huh:

Guest snapilica
Hi, I'm confused, you say you should use the updated radio 32.47.00.32_5.10.05.23 along with the signedril package. So what is the purpose of the custom package and why has it got more downloads than the signedril if that is the one to be used? :huh:

The custom_zip.zip contains 2 additional power governors (powersave and interactive) with 2 init scripts that toggle the switch from powersave (when screen is off) to interactive (when screen is on). So when screen is off the phone will stay at 245Mhz, but when it's on it'll use the interactive governor to adjust the frequency depending on load.

The signedril.zip contains the aditional ril drivers and libraries taken from the ROM that contained the 32.47.00.32_5.10.05.23 radio.

Guest zombiefly
The custom_zip.zip contains 2 additional power governors (powersave and interactive) with 2 init scripts that toggle the switch from powersave (when screen is off) to interactive (when screen is on). So when screen is off the phone will stay at 245Mhz, but when it's on it'll use the interactive governor to adjust the frequency depending on load.

The signedril.zip contains the aditional ril drivers and libraries taken from the ROM that contained the 32.47.00.32_5.10.05.23 radio.

so if i had the packaged radio from the kitchen, i should update to the radio you mentioned then apply custom zip to get your custom tweaks? :huh:

Edited by zombiefly

so if i had the packaged radio from the kitchen, i should update to the radio you mentioned then apply custom zip to get your custom tweaks? :huh:

*** custom_zip is for merging to the kitchen (see 'Custom Ingredients' in thread post #2). Custom zip has nothing todo with radio.

I'll attach a signed_power_update.zip (see http://android.modaco.com/content-page/316...royo/page/480/# ) to be flashed via custom Recovery. Please let me know if this zip is working. I can't test it as I already have the files in my ROM.

How to test? Install a logcat viewer ( eg: aLogcat from Market). Switch screen on/off. You must see this:

*** awake ***: switching CPU frequency governor ....

*** sleeping ***: switching CPU frequency governor ....

WARNING : In both cases ('custom ingredients' or 'custom recovery) you must check 'Disable perflock' option in Paul's kitchen. I

*** ONLY IF YOU HAVE radio 32.47.00.32_5.10.05.23 already flashed you may apply signed_ril.zip via Custom Recovery.

Edited by Sub501

sup. im still havin random sync problems eventhough i have FS and i dunno but R8 feels slower than R5:S and im also having ramdom freezing when using phone and charging via usb. I have baked few new roms and flashed and re-flashed but still havin problems. I hope we are gonna get R9 soon!