Samsung to release 7" Tablet 2nd September

Guest squirreleater

Guest squirreleater

As it says in the title, Samsung are set to release their first Tablet on the 2nd of September in Germany.

Images are hard to come by!

The first pic is 'official' suggesting the second more common pic is either leaked prototype pic or they have changed the hardware slightly.

25-Aug-2010_Samsung-Galaxy-Tab1.jpg

25-Aug-2010_Samsung-Galaxy-tablet-420x348.jpg

Link to youtube video:

Information is also not readily available.

What can be assumed looking at the video and scouring the web is:

• Android 2.2
  • 7" Display
  • Swype
  • GPS Navigation
  • E-reader
  • HD movie playback
  • 3 MP camera
  • Wifi

To be honest. looking around the web and there was a lot of contradicting information. The most important thing is that we have finally got something that can be called a tablet (Sorry, the Dell Streak just isn't big enough in my opinion) from one of the main players.

Hopefully next year will be the year of the Android Tablet, following 2010's year of the Android phone!

Guest Popple3

Might look into getting one depending on the price and hackability :huh: Not into TouchWiz, so a custom ROM may be needed for me

EDIT: Actually, have Google changed their policy on Google Apps on non-phone devices yet? Might be the one thing I'll have to wait until root for

Edited by Popple3

Guest klutsh
Might look into getting one depending on the price and hackability :huh: Not into TouchWiz, so a custom ROM may be needed for me

EDIT: Actually, have Google changed their policy on Google Apps on non-phone devices yet? Might be the one thing I'll have to wait until root for

Video Ad say's video calling, so could possibly be a 'phone' too.

Guest Popple3

Good point klutsh. I kinda hope not though, I'd feel like I'm missing out on some features (coz there's no way I'd use that as a phone)

I'm weird, I know :huh:

Guest squirreleater
Video Ad say's video calling, so could possibly be a 'phone' too.

There are mutterings of 3G being onboard, I suppose using it as phone is possible, but you would like a right lemon! Maybe via headphones would be ok..

Guest AndyCr15

How do we know it's released on the second? Everything else I've read says the the date and location just refers to their press event?

If it is out so soon, can we order it in the UK? :-)

Guest squirreleater
How do we know it's released on the second? Everything else I've read says the the date and location just refers to their press event?

If it is out so soon, can we order it in the UK? :-)

We're all just eternal optimists!

One can hope it'll be like the Nexus announcement, " website is live now..."

Guest Shuflie

September 2nd announcement date is official, well as good as. Samsung mobile uk have announced it on their facebook fanpage. Really hope someone gets me one for my birthday, or at least the promise of one as its only being officially unveiled on my birthday :huh:

Guest AndyCr15
September 2nd announcement date is official, well as good as.

So, to confirm.... the announcement itself will be on the 2nd.... that the device will be out 'for the holiday season'? :huh:

Guest Shuflie
So, to confirm.... the announcement itself will be on the 2nd.... that the device will be out 'for the holiday season'? :huh:

Nothing confirmed as to when it will be available, only that it will be announced on 2nd September. I'll paste the info I've got below, but anyone can check it out on facebook, just look for it on their fan page ( http://www.facebook.com/SamsungUKmobile )

On Wednesday the 2nd September Samsung is making a very exciting product announcement. What do you think about it?

SAMSUNG mobile - GALAXY TAB

http://bit.ly/94FfCx

Do more with your Galaxy TABkeywords : More possibilities on the go, on the go, samsung mobile, Galaxy Tab, Galaxy, Smart life, Samsung Smart phone, Anroid, Anroid platform, Tablet

Guest foxmeister
The screen is a little too small in my opinion, I guess we need to wait for Android 3.0, for the really nice tablets to come out,

one that sounds very promising is Notion Ink Adam tablet

In my opinion, the screen is pretty much right at the sweet spot. If you've used an iPad, it's too big and heavy to be comfortable for prolonged use.

I just hope that this device will actually be available to order soon - I'm getting really sick of all these so called "iPad" killers that I can't actually buy!

Regards,

Dave

The apparently high retail price of this tablet puts me off, I grabbed the entry level iPad and haven't regretted it for a moment, but with this thing looking to cost in excess of £600 without a low-end version in sight... it's somewhat disappointing. I'd love an Android tablet to satisfy my curiosity and need for geekery, but I was hoping for price points a little closer to the £200 mark!

Wishful thinking, I suppose!

It's interesting to see Samsung not participating in the so-called "race to the bottom" this time. It could work for them. That said, even their cheap netbooks were pretty good (I still use my NC10)

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.