Text Message Issue

Guest mattgod69

Guest mattgod69

Hi, I am having more odd problems in that some text messages that come in with no number pick a random contact (appears to be the same one). Also, i sometimes get texts from different people appearing in the same thread (as a conversation with someone else) and when you click reply it goes to the wrong person...... very odd..... im not sure what is going on there but has anyone experienced this? This might be me not knowing something or doing something wrong though...... many thank sin advance matt

Guest hazi1964

I sometimes have this happen too. Don't know why or how but it does. Thankfully not too often. Weird problem.

I noticed nobody had replied so thought I would let you know you're not the only one to have this happen.

I have a rooted desire running the rooted version of the official froyo update, didn't notice this happening before updating.

Alison

I'm not sure if this is related, but I have a similar issue. Whenever I get a text from a shortcode number (often this is either tmobile or google) they appear as being sent by one of my friends (always the same contact). This has always happened, as long as I've had the phone

Guest mattgod69
I'm not sure if this is related, but I have a similar issue. Whenever I get a text from a shortcode number (often this is either tmobile or google) they appear as being sent by one of my friends (always the same contact). This has always happened, as long as I've had the phone

They are odd issues..... i cant explain either of them yet but i am sure one of us will get to the root of the problem!

Cheers for the replies guys, at least i now know i am not going mad! lol

Hi folks,

I used to have a similar problem, but only if I used the the option to sync my contacts with facebook. Once I removed my facebook account (Menu, Settings, accounts & sync) everything went back to normal... I now use SyncMyPix to sync profile pics from facebook with my contacts on the phone.

I recall seeing a thread in the HTC support forums at the time (April) to say that they were aware of the problem but have no idea if there was ever a fix for it....

Iain