07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest fakefur
HTC apps can be installed but if you want close to stock exclude them, all the HTC widgets as far as I know depends on Sense so these has to be excluded.

thank you :)

Guest fakefur
No problem m8:)

hmmmm ok ... more questions... sorry :|

soooooo... a lot of the apps (like maps etc) go to /system rather than /data ... will that prevent me updating them through the market as usual?

i tried googling the difference between /system and /data in android but didn't find a clear explanation

Guest djmrmagic
I had reboots, but only when my network coverage dropped. It happened to me 5 times in a row driving up/down the M40 around Oxford.

At the time I had my Preferred network mode set to WCDMA only.

I changed it to GSM / WCDMA auto and I've never seen it again.

Hope it helps, but can't promise anything.

Cool, ill try that!

Since posting that I found the radio roms @ xda developers and flashed with 32.48.00.32U_5.11.05.14

Ill leave it a day to make sure the phone is cool, then ill fire up a GPS app.

Cool, ill try that!

Since posting that I found the radio roms @ xda developers and flashed with 32.48.00.32U_5.11.05.14

Ill leave it a day to make sure the phone is cool, then ill fire up a GPS app.

I have been running 32.48.00.32U_5.11.05.14 on my TELUS Desire here in Canada for a few weeks now and haven't had any issues with it yet.

Guest ferryrich
Anyone else unable to Bake?

I get a message about "Only available to Premium members", but my subscriptions page says Plus + Online Kitchens

Its working for me, using Delia.

Guest Arty Marty
Its working for me, using Delia.

Working for me too... had a little issue earlier today where it would only download 2.4 mb then drop out, but thats working after a computer reboot (sure it was my end)

Another suggestion for R10 and for R9 for that matter: HTC IME from Desire Z. Since I use some more letters than the english alphabet the IME from Desire Z works perfectly (I've tried a ROM based on Desire HD for a while).

Guest fabiocampos
Anyone else unable to Bake?

I get a message about "Only available to Premium members", but my subscriptions page says Plus + Online Kitchens

Works fine for me too :)

[ ]´s

Guest logicalextreme

Jeez. It's taken this long for that to happen? I was surprised I couldn't do it when I first tried Wifi out and hadn't thought of it since until just now. It seemed like a logical step to me because I was used to throwing a network cable in between two computers and it just working (had to be a crossover cable back then of course, and switches were things of wonder).

Guest Arty Marty

I cooked a rom the other day, and the first one I left something off, so I had to do it again - the second time I am not sure if I included the "Custom governor settings" - is there any way to tell? and if I didnt, any way to add them in without cooking another one?

I wanted to try it without using set CPU... (I did chose the disable perf lock - I remember that...)

Warmly, Marty

Guest Asselberghs
Hi,

I baked a R9 without "Trackpad wake" is it possible to add this without reflashing whole ROM?

Thx a lot

Don´t know exactly but I doubt it, it seems like something that is added in the core of the system. I´d say rebake but maybe someone have a trick to do it I dunno.

Guest Dangerdaz

I recently baked a Rom and now my phone is constantly syncing. I can go into settings Nd stop it buy then when it sync the next time it won't stop.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Daz

I recently baked a Rom and now my phone is constantly syncing. I can go into settings Nd stop it buy then when it sync the next time it won't stop.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Daz

You probably exluded friendstream from the bake. This causes sync issues, problem is known and often reported.

Guest baggepinnen
You probably exluded friendstream from the bake. This causes sync issues, problem is known and often reported.

I have this problem too. Is there anyway I can install FriendStream without reflashing?

Guest logicalextreme

That's weird, I've always excluded it and don't have the issue; however I also exclude Facebook, Twitter, Footprints and the other social-y share-y things (in fact that's the reason I joined MoDaCo, so that I could bake those things out specifically without having to mess around with adb too much). Would that explain why mine's okay?

Guest Dangerdaz

Yeah I did, will reflash with friendstream and see if that helps.

Cheers for your help :)

Guest logicalextreme
I have this problem too. Is there anyway I can install FriendStream without reflashing?

Not sure, but reflashing the same ROM without wiping really isn't that bad. Mine's running faster than ever. Titanium Backup and Nandroid first though.

Thanks! It's getting to the point that if I can't find something on Google, it surely can't exist. Reality check!

lrwxrwxrwx 1 0 0 12 Oct 24 18:52 bb -> /system/xbin

I am impressed you pressed it 130 times before giving up :-)