07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Catalin Desire

So you promised a Gingerbread New Sense and instead you changed the date and recover an old rom and thread. What's the point of that? A job is well done when is done at the right time, not 6 months after.

Keep up the good work! It's definitely worth 10 pounds.

Guest ShirazS
So you promised a Gingerbread New Sense and instead you changed the date and recover an old rom and thread. What's the point of that? A job is well done when is done at the right time, not 6 months after.

He said that he would do an r11 first and then try to do a new sense ROM so not sure where you're pulling your info from.

Guest fudgeboy

Grow up. Go somewhere else if you're not happy with the service.

Let's keep this on topic please and remember MCRs have ALWAYS been based on device ship / leak ROMs rather than cross-device ports (although I do occcasionally dabble where appropriate, this is the way it'll generally stay due to the range of devices I support and number of hours in the day).

P

Sure, i'm finishing this up to get a final Froyo version out.

I'm working through the Gingerbread S dumps. :(

P

Great news!

Thank you a lot Paul.

Best Regards,

Or.

Guest rewop

Hi, I have a problem with HTC widgets. Though I've seen similar problems posted on forum, none of them gave any usable solution.

Coming from r8, did a full wipe. I've included all htc widgets from the kitchen, however they are not in the list (when trying to add them fro the widget list). "Get more HTC widgets" gives me an error message (Unable to download widgets. Tap to try again). I cleared data in HTC Widget Download Manager which resulted in manager crashing when trying "get more htc widgets" option again. Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

Guest rewop
Did you wipe after you flashed or before? You should wipe before!

P

Backed up installed rom, wiped everyting and then flashed new rom. I didn't wipe anything after that.

Thought i would let you know Paul:

Baked without IME, but with the gingerbread keyboard, and i got no text input in the ROM. Now i cant be 100% sure as i dont have time for another download and flash ATM, but i am pretty sure i checked gingerbread :(

Guest todpalin

Thanks for this. :(

Some questions:

The screenshot of the software information, the numbers don't seem to be up-to-date.

and

Link2SD doesn't detect my ext2 partition. It is primary created by MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition 5.2

My colleague at work has a Desire too and he can't get Link2SD working either.

any ideas?

Guest Albert Poon
Bugs:

- Rom Manager, Titanium Backup are not there even selected.

- Good old APN gone again.

- The "Smooth" framework is gone too, intended?

Hey Paul... in case you missed my bug report. =)

P.S. I do full wipe - including Dalvik-cache and Battery Status everytime.

Edited by Albert Poon

Guest hassand

wi-fi does not work for me, when i try to enable it in settings it says "error"

very explanatory huh? :(

i have done a full wipe, even re-formatted the sd card to start over

tried flashing with amon-ra, clockwork recovery 2.5.0.7 none of them made the error go away

after this rom i installed other roms (modaco and others) and wifi worked fine

also i cannot flash this rom with clockwork 3.0.0.5, due to some scripting error, i'm sure you know what it is Paul

Edited by hassand

Guest hassand

well i am not having problems on other roms with the same radio

only on modaco r11, i am fine on no-sense gingerbread rom either

Guest bpivk
well i am not having problems on other roms with the same radio

only on modaco r11, i am fine on no-sense gingerbread rom either

Did you try flashing the RIL for your radio and see if that helps?

Guest lufchigh

no wifi for me either...i flashed with this ril 32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27_RIL, is this the latest/correct one? Still doesn't work.

Guest bpivk
I this the correct one?
It depends. Do you have the 32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27 radio? If you have one flash the corresponding RIL and check if it works.

Don't confuse the radio and RIL. They are two separate things.

You can also try flashing the rom with the radio Paul provided and see if it works. If that doesn't help I don't know what will.

Edited by bpivk