07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest sinkingfish
Locale noted, which vanilla unlock graphical bug?

P

A picture is worth a thousand words, or two thousand words...

1.png2.png

Edited by sinkingfish

Guest David_P

Since I was steamrollered for opening another thread for r9 requests, i'll place my request here...

@Paul, it would seem the Privacy settings menu has disappeared in the current ROM negating the ability to store settings in your google account. We have to enable settings as a searchable item in order to search for Privacy and turn it back on. Can you get the menu back please in r9?

Many thanks in advance

David P

Feature Suggestion: Long holding the volume keys to skip music tracks!

Hope here to see power widget like on opendesire mod, where power widget has possibility to switch 2g to 3g in one click

+1 for these!

Also the DSP add on that is in CM6 would be cool if possible

Guest sinkingfish
quite sure this is not a bug, seems teasing like a freckle :huh:

When you slide to unlock, or slide to enable/disable sound, the entire bar should change to the same colour. Instead, at the moment, the touch sensitive section remains the same colour as before selection. This bug was not present in r7. 110% !

Guest afiorillo
I'm using a Sony Ericsson Bluetooth headset and I don't get that problem. Could it be specific to the device? I'm using the HBH-IS800 and all seems hunky dory. Also, are you using the stock media player?

Yes, the issue happens using the stock music player only on every FroYo Sense ROM.

Since I was steamrollered for opening another thread for r9 requests, i'll place my request here...

@Paul, it would seem the Privacy settings menu has disappeared in the current ROM negating the ability to store settings in your google account. We have to enable settings as a searchable item in order to search for Privacy and turn it back on. Can you get the menu back please in r9?

Many thanks in advance

David P

Are you aware this isn't i the stock 2.2 ROM either?

Guest beady_uk
can you make update packages as new features roll in to the kitchen?

So we dont have to bake a new rom everytime...

+1 Very good idea if possible.

Any chance of adding addition video / audio playback abilities eg. Divx, Xvid, MKV ......etc?

Thanks

Guest snapilica
Interesting, I wonder how that 2.10 build compares to the 2.14 O2 drop...

P

I do think using the WWE is a better idea than basing it on the O2. I think they are also the same and build numbers differ just because of location (as are the 2.12 and 2.14 roms from China, Korea and Asia WWE)

Guest drvdijk

I'm so ashamed, but I've been fooling around with OD and CM for the last couple of days... Reason was my battery draining very fast lately; the good news is that with OD and CM the battery is draining 2 times as fast (100% to 15% in just 9 hours!). However, playing with those ROMs got me a suggestion for r9:

Suggestion: Customizable auto-brightness-screen intensities, including the option to disable leds behind the hard buttons. This post explains some nice settings for the feature I'm suggesting.

Hope this helps :P

Edited by drvdijk

Guest JetSerge

Paul, here is the the feature request.

Since /system is locked by HTC on Desire, it would be nice to have a workaround for this in the Kitchen, see

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=748025

and

http://code.google.com/p/aufs-desire/

Basically, two filesystems are combined to a single one.

The first filesystem contains the initial data. The second one is used to overlap it.

Aufs first searches the second for files, then the first. We plan to use a fully writeable filesystem for the second and a secured filesystem for the first.

If you want to modify a file on the first partition, you can put it on the second filesystem and change it there.

So we can get indirect write access to the secured filesystem by mounting the aufs partition to the right path so that the system sees it as the original, secured filesystem.

All we need is a driver for this file system and a line in the init script for automatic mounting.

This will allow many apps to work on HTC Desire, including automatic updates of Superuser su binary in /system, installation of new Busybox versions without going into recovery, MetaMorph, etc.

Edited by JetSerge

Guest thefornax

Is there anyway to add the accessibility function that ends call with the power button ?

If not, is it something you might look into adding.

The following link shows where the option should be:

Link

Thanks.

Edited by thefornax

Guest Kiran J. Holla

Paul,

Battery drain seems to be a common refrain with the Desire, irrespective of which ROM is running.

Do you think the Mods listed in this thread can be included as an option in the kitchen? There is a lot of chatter about how these help improve battery life.

Regards,

Kiran