07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest absinthemeninded
I'm going to move r9 to the 'current release' (with prebakes) and create r10 WIP!

I'm still working on porting over some bits of the HD ROM without using the whole base (which is huge)... I'll also updating to all of the latest Desire release, together with bits of FRG83.

P

Hey chief, how is r10 going?

Thanks again for all your work!

Guest Han-Droid
Where I live, I just have GPRS and still don't working... Not good ! Perhaps Paul can fix that ? But he's so busy for the moment...

went to LeeDroid 2.2 for the same reason - no problems here. :) great rom..but I prefer ticking boxes in a kitchen (gives me a feeling of control somehow....hehe)

Waiting for r10...with bits of "HD"-feeling...hopefully

Guest theodorius123
went to LeeDroid 2.2 for the same reason - no problems here. :) great rom..but I prefer ticking boxes in a kitchen (gives me a feeling of control somehow....hehe)

Waiting for r10...with bits of "HD"-feeling...hopefully

try

http://www.cookmyrom.se

not like pauls kitchen - and only leedroid 2.1a...but it is ok - my cooked leedroid rom from this kitchen is great - no problems!

Guest dodolom

Hey guys,

So, I've noticed this problem one time before and it has happened again and I'd like to know if it has happened to you guys also.

Ok, so I took some video yesterday at the beach with my dogs and watched it on my phone later with no problems whatsoever. I transferred them to my computer and all is good but since last night, when I try to play them on my phone, it is lagging constantly. It is almost playing in slow motion.

To see if this would happen with a newly take video, I took some videos at a local football game last night and tried to play it right away on my phone and same lagging continues, really really bad but playing on the computer, there is no problem.

Anyone knows why this is happening?

Guest logicalextreme
Hey guys,

So, I've noticed this problem one time before and it has happened again and I'd like to know if it has happened to you guys also.

Ok, so I took some video yesterday at the beach with my dogs and watched it on my phone later with no problems whatsoever. I transferred them to my computer and all is good but since last night, when I try to play them on my phone, it is lagging constantly. It is almost playing in slow motion.

To see if this would happen with a newly take video, I took some videos at a local football game last night and tried to play it right away on my phone and same lagging continues, really really bad but playing on the computer, there is no problem.

Anyone knows why this is happening?

Past couple of days I've been having unbearable lag just unlocking the phone or trying to open an application from a homescreen. I'm not sure what exactly it is but I think I'm just getting to the point that I have too much background crap running at once. OSMonitor certainly seems to support this. It might be worth trying with a fresh ROM before restoring applications with Titanium. Plus a reboot every day is definitely helping me out.

Guest sucramco
Past couple of days I've been having unbearable lag just unlocking the phone or trying to open an application from a homescreen. I'm not sure what exactly it is but I think I'm just getting to the point that I have too much background crap running at once. OSMonitor certainly seems to support this. It might be worth trying with a fresh ROM before restoring applications with Titanium. Plus a reboot every day is definitely helping me out.

It's exactly the same with me at the moment. Real slowdown and lag.

Guest Anamnesia

Hey. I've been working my way through the ROM series as Paul's put them up.

With R9, there are a few extra options to reduce the battery consumption.

I made sure they were loaded in my R9 ROM. But in the past few weeks I've noticed something different.

I have a Kingston 16Gb Class-10 micro SHDC card, but with the "aggressive" battery settings I'd programmed, I was getting Notification errors, saying that there were problems with the memory card.

I've cooked another ROM, this time without the "undervolt" option & have been running it successfully for about a day, with no memory card notification error.

I'm open to the idea that the Memory card may be faulty, or perhaps more susceptible to voltage variations. In any case, I thought it wise to share my findings...

Guest cypherpunk
I have a Kingston 16Gb Class-10 micro SHDC card, but with the "aggressive" battery settings I'd programmed, I was getting Notification errors, saying that there were problems with the memory card.

I've cooked another ROM, this time without the "undervolt" option & have been running it successfully for about a day, with no memory card notification error.

I'm open to the idea that the Memory card may be faulty, or perhaps more susceptible to voltage variations. In any case, I thought it wise to share my findings...

Hmm, interesting.

I have a 16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC that has been having trouble (actually only class 2, I didn't know about classes when I bought it).

I'm running R8 MCR atm and the SDHC is loaded read-only most of the time with several related problems. Just formatted the fat32 partition and it seems to have cleared up that problem, at least for now but other issues are ongoing, possibly the EXT also needs to be formatted, or it's a ROM problem.

Guest BashyUK
Still no update.

This thread should be closed as it has obviously been abandoned.

I think i will buy a San Francisco today :)

I don't use twitter myself but he must be really busy/stumped with something to have not updated for so long. Last he said was he was going to be making r9 final w/ pre-bakes and bringing on r10 wip.

Guest Iceberger

Dear Paul,

Still waiting for the update you said will be released on Monday :)

Can you you please post a status of how far you are with R10 and /or how long you think it’s going to take? Just a little light in our darkness…

Thanks,

Edited by Iceberger

Hi Paul,

is there any possibility to get the pershoot audio hack into the kernel of your rom?

Or any mod or guide to do it myself?

When I'm doing a phonecall in this big world thats getting louder and louder, I can hardly understand

the one on the other side of my phone :)

Thanks for your roms an keep up the good work!

Guest The Virus 2013
Hi Paul,

is there any possibility to get the pershoot audio hack into the kernel of your rom?

Or any mod or guide to do it myself?

When I'm doing a phonecall in this big world thats getting louder and louder, I can hardly understand

the one on the other side of my phone :)

Thanks for your roms an keep up the good work!

I agree with you, anyway I'm about to test this kernel which include the audio mod, undervolting and overclocking.

Guest The Virus 2013
I agree with you, anyway I'm about to test this kernel which include the audio mod, undervolting and overclocking.

For the audio mod, I've not yet tested. But for sure, it's a really good kernel for perfs ! With SetCPU on Interactive and speed at 1113MHz Max / 245MHz min, I've done 1505 at Quadrant benchmark ! Better than Nexus One 2.2+... Before, I think I was at ~1200...

Let's see for the battery now ;-)

Hi there,

'm about to test this kernel

to be honest, I already tested that kernel too :)

But I didn't like the OC feature though it shouldn't be activated unless it is set with SetCPU.

Android System Info shows, that the 1113 MHz is used too. However only for a very short time, maybe on Startup ?!?

Moreover I think the battery wasn't that good. Do you know which governor is loaded by default, when I don't use SetCPU?

Thanks for your reply ;)

PS: When I installed the new kernel, and used the "lsmod" command in the Android Terminal Emulator, it doesn't show anything except for "bm930..." (I don't know what it actually was :( ) In contrast to the modaco kernel, there are showing up many entries like undervolt, perflock disabled...

Why is that?

Edited by rum0s

Guest The Virus 2013
Hi there,

to be honest, I already tested that kernel too :)

But I didn't like the OC feature though it shouldn't be activated unless it is set with SetCPU.

Android System Info shows, that the 1113 MHz is used too. However only for a very short time, maybe on Startup ?!?

Moreover I think the battery wasn't that good. Do you know which governor is loaded by default, when I don't use SetCPU?

Thanks for your reply :)

PS: When I installed the new kernel, and used the "lsmod" command in the Android Terminal Emulator, it doesn't show anything except for "bm930..." (I don't know what it actually was :) ) In contrast to the modaco kernel, there are showing up many entries like undervolt, perflock disabled...

Why is that?

I really don't know... I've reinstalled SetCPU to control all that, so I've not checked before.

But it works really fine with SetCPU however !

PS: When I installed the new kernel, and used the "lsmod" command in the Android Terminal Emulator, it doesn't show anything except for "bm930..." (I don't know what it actually was :) ) In contrast to the modaco kernel, there are showing up many entries like undervolt, perflock disabled...

Why is that?

zcat /proc/config.gz => kernel config

for ext4 module: there isn't one with the new kernel because ext4 support is compiled into the kernel

the same goes for cfq scheduler,

CONFIG_IOSCHED_NOOP=y

CONFIG_IOSCHED_AS=y

CONFIG_IOSCHED_DEADLINE=y

CONFIG_IOSCHED_CFQ=y

# CONFIG_DEFAULT_AS is not set

# CONFIG_DEFAULT_DEADLINE is not set

CONFIG_DEFAULT_CFQ=y

# CONFIG_DEFAULT_NOOP is not set

CONFIG_DEFAULT_IOSCHED="cfq"

CONFIG_FREEZER=y

and the governors

CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_PERFORMANCE=y

CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_POWERSAVE=y

CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_USERSPACE=y

CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_ONDEMAND=y

CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_INTERACTIVE=y

CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_CONSERVATIVE=y

CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_ONDEMAND=y

the one thing i'm not clear is the undervolt module, maybe someone can shed some light on this

sub501 scripts are mostly obsolet with that kernel, or won't work at all without modification

cheers

Hi Paul.

Is it possible to get a fix for the headphones problem so you be able to choose headphones or headset when you connect non HTC phones.

Not sure what you mean, but I use this widget to block the headset control buttons. Sometimes my old headphones will make the music pause or skip, and this will block that. Very useful to me, perhaps it could help?

http://www.appbrain.com/app/headset-blocke....headsetblocker

Guest shaigrin
Not sure what you mean, but I use this widget to block the headset control buttons. Sometimes my old headphones will make the music pause or skip, and this will block that. Very useful to me, perhaps it could help?

http://www.appbrain.com/app/headset-blocke....headsetblocker

Thank you. I use that widget but i thought maybe there's something that solve this thing forever...

zcat /proc/config.gz => kernel config

thank you woti for the info :-) maybe this could be modified...i.e. the default governor set to interactive!

Edited by rum0s

Still no update.

This thread should be closed as it has obviously been abandoned.

I think i will buy a San Francisco today :)

Haha, cheeky!

Remember I am but one human being and there is a finite amount of time in the day! :)

A quick update, I'm out of the office today (and possibly tomorrow) covering the WP7 launch, but this ROM is still up there at the top of my to-do list. As you know I have been getting the tools set up for San Fran owners to customise their devices (hack, root, recovery etc. etc.) but that doesn't mean i've abandoned this!

In fact, i'm still doing an underlying piece of work to bring features from the HD / Z to the Desire / Nexus One... but it's very time consuming and intricate. :)

As I say, i'll be rounding off R9 and posting for all shortly, after which we'll kick off R10 based on a whole newer base. Thanks for your patience and understanding, always feel free to grab me on Twitter (@paulobrien) or email if you have any issues you want to raise with me personally.

P

Guest michaffm1964
Haha, cheeky!

Remember I am but one human being and there is a finite amount of time in the day! :)

A quick update, I'm out of the office today (and possibly tomorrow) covering the WP7 launch, but this ROM is still up there at the top of my to-do list. As you know I have been getting the tools set up for San Fran owners to customise their devices (hack, root, recovery etc. etc.) but that doesn't mean i've abandoned this!

In fact, i'm still doing an underlying piece of work to bring features from the HD / Z to the Desire / Nexus One... but it's very time consuming and intricate. :)

As I say, i'll be rounding off R9 and posting for all shortly, after which we'll kick off R10 based on a whole newer base. Thanks for your patience and understanding, always feel free to grab me on Twitter (@paulobrien) or email if you have any issues you want to raise with me personally.

P

Good answer Paul, do you thing and we are waiting, no problem.

thank you woti for the info :-) maybe this could be modified...i.e. the default governor set to interactive!

just put it in an initscript in /system/etc/init.d

#!/system/bin/sh

#

echo "interactive" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

echo "*** Interactive scheduler selected as default ***"

verify which govenor is active

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor