07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest logicalextreme
for logistical reasons, I'd think that it would make a lot of sense for the checkout procedure to only go through after the 24 hours when you can get a refund. if not, the hundreds/thousands/millions of times when it does happen, they'd get charged for the cost transaction and the cancel transaction, which really wouldn't make business sense. now, I'd say the payment details are stored and only processed after that period.

Yeah, I was hoping the same thing last night. I imagine a lot of people accidentally purchase apps as well which would just add to it.

Guest inigoml

For impatient people, directly from Paul's twitter:

Paul O'Brien

Updating all my Desire and Nexus One content, including stock and MCR bits... hoping to get as much as possible done before away next week!

Edited by inigoml

Guest Shadow75
Okay, as far as I can tell it's none of the applications I've mentioned. Extended Controls doesn't seem to rename the APN, and neither does JuiceDefender. Power Control Plus prefixes the AP's hostname with siriusapplications.disabled. ... the search continues.

EDIT:

Sure you're not using this?

This Russian thread seems to support JCB_Digger's excellent detective work.

Dude your a lifesaver!!

And yes I did have that WiSyncPlus App on my phone. That was the App that was disabling my APN. I re-installed just to check and it disabled it again, so now its gone forever thanks to you.

I owe you one thanks.. Why would someone design an app that would do that is beyond me, unless they don't want mobile internet whatsover.

I am very grateful. I would have got there eventually one app at a time, but not that quick haha.

Well I will say thank you for your hard work. I just hope other people know what that WiSyncPlus does to their mobile internet.

Guest Shadow75
Perhaps the WSP is for WiSyncPlus (a battery saving App that mucks about with your APN's?)

http://www.gearsoft.mobi/products/product/3

Dude your a lifesaver!! Your comment was passed on by logicalextreme with many thanks to both of you.

And yes I did have that WiSyncPlus App on my phone. That was the App that was disabling my APN. I re-installed just to check and it disabled it again, so now its gone forever thanks to you.

I owe you one thanks.. Why would someone design an app that would do that is beyond me, unless they don't want mobile internet whatsover.

I am very grateful. I would have got there eventually one app at a time, but not that quick haha.

Well I will say thank you for your hard work. I just hope other people know what that WiSyncPlus does to their mobile internet.

Guest fredaroony
For impatient people, directly from Paul's twitter:

Yeah heard that before and it didnt happen then either... I dont believe anything he says now.

Guest fredaroony
I'm sure he'll be gutted to hear you say that.

I really couldnt care less if he is or not. I'm not the one taking peoples money on a false promise....

I really couldnt care less if he is or not. I'm not the one taking peoples money on a false promise....

He never promised you anything so stay quiet and wait for the rom or PM him and ask for a refund.

Posting nonsense won't get you anywhere.

Edited by bpivk

Cant ppl just shut up and take their problems with the person directly?? Why start whining in here? This is a thread about r9 and i'm sick of looking in here and all i find is all this s***...

angry >:P

Guest fredaroony
Cant ppl just shut up and take their problems with the person directly?? Why start whining in here? This is a thread about r9 and i'm sick of looking in here and all i find is all this s***...

angry >:P

Dont read it then... Personally I'm sick of people saying that anyone shouldn't complain about the lack of updates.

Guest volatile_ink

@Paul

Can you please just release a new version of your ROM? You don't need to make changes or improve anything, just re-name the current (and quite frankly excellent) version to something other than 'WIP'. I doubt very much that these cretins will know the difference and it will shut them up for a few months. :P

@Cretins

What specific improvements would you like to see? Rather than bitch and rant, post some constructive feedback about what you want done to the ROM and then perhaps you'll see an update which you so long for and desire (pun intended).

Edited by volatile_ink

Guest Jasperov
@Paul

Can you please just release a new version of your ROM? You don't need to make changes or improve anything, just re-name the current (and quite frankly excellent) version to something other than 'WIP'. I doubt very much that these cretins will know the difference and it will shut them up for a few months. :P

@Cretins

What specific improvements would you like to see? Rather than bitch and rant, post some constructive feedback about what you want done to the ROM and then perhaps you'll see an update which you so long for and desire (pun intended).

Nice post, I check this forum every day to broaden my knowledge of my Desire and Android in general, it's a great forum and Paul(and his team) put alot of work into it, just because we own Desire's we can't expect Paul to exclusively work on that device, there are many other members with different devices to attend to.

If you can't wait for r10 wip or r9 final then just go look for another mod. Personally I'm happy to donate and support this site so why don't you all shut up and stop complaining.

Guest skinnypupp

I just want him to fix the Gmail sync issue that was created with the original HTC FroYo release. HTC fixed it over a month ago, and we're still waiting for it on our custom rom! How ironic is that!

Guest inigoml
Yeah heard that before and it didnt happen then either... I dont believe anything he says now.

He has ALREADY updated Nexus One Kitchen, so only a little time until Desire is also updated.

Guest volatile_ink

So people, lets list the features/improvements/mods we'd like to see.

I'd like to see the strength indicator replaced by a dBm and asu value...

@Paul

@Cretins

What a great idea, but its an old idea is it not? Used from going to R9 from R8, bought an extra bit of time and no doubt everyone rushed for that "update" too!

A complete Hd sense with working camera and I too will worship Paul like a true god. But until then disappointed mainly with lack of communication from the big man himself. He says he's working on it, but a couple of sentences to update us in a month? I really don't think Paul should afford to be a Mr mysterious, like many of the top devs, without any form of complaint as his set up is different from there's. Someone very kindly passed on a latest Twitter feed from him, (why he couldn't do that himself I don't know) but what does that update mean? I've grown a little suspicious I guess and am now fearing that the only thing to take from that passed on Twitter update is that hes about to be going on holiday!

Guest skinnypupp
It's not ironic at all (hint: read the definition of ironic)

I think you're the one who needs to read the definition, if you think it isn't ironic that HTC (who is notoriously slow at updating their ROMs) fixed the problem faster than a custom ROM programmer (who usually update their ROMs at a swift pace, which is kind of the whole point

Guest volatile_ink
I think you're the one who needs to read the definition, if you think it isn't ironic that HTC (who is notoriously slow at updating their ROMs) fixed the problem faster than a custom ROM programmer (who usually update their ROMs at a swift pace, which is kind of the whole point

Look here. I don't see anything about updating roms every night, do you?

For f*ck sake people, give it a break. Stop ranting on about updates, just enjoy your phones. There's more out there than just flashing a rom. You've got a fast, stable rom that does the job. It will be updated when it will be updated. If I were a dev I'd be inclined to abandon a rom if my users were a bunch of bitchy little school girls.

This should keep you happy for a few days.

Guest TheUntouchable
Look here. I don't see anything about updating roms every night, do you?

For f*ck sake people, give it a break. Stop ranting on about updates, just enjoy your phones. There's more out there than just flashing a rom. You've got a fast, stable rom that does the job. It will be updated when it will be updated. If I were a dev I'd be inclined to abandon a rom if my users were a bunch of bitchy little school girls.

This should keep you happy for a few days.

Thanks for the last link :P

Guest JCB_Digger
Dude your a lifesaver!! Your comment was passed on by logicalextreme with many thanks to both of you.

:-)

Glad I could help.

WiSyncPlus was a very complex way of saving battery by disabling APN's, based on time of day, current battery charge, whether it was being charged, whether the screen on, which way the wind was blowing and how many sacrificial goats you'd slung on the altar that day. All of this controlled through a horrific UI. It's a very old app (I had it on my G1), so I guess it predates any way of controlling 3G in the underlying OS, so it renamed the APN's instead.

Regards, JCB

Guest skinnypupp

I'm not ranting about anything. Someone asked what actually needs to be fixed, and I contributed. I thought it was ironic, and you incorrectly disagreed with me...