07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Mathias1

Oh, sorry, of course!

At first, the phone had approx. 40-50 hrs of uptime and all of a sudden, system memory just dropped (till 22mb, threshold value is set to 24), the phone became extremely laggy. Sometimes the memory increases, but when it reaches >24mb, it lags EXTREMELY. The phone is unusable. I can end all applications with Quick System Info, but this will repeat itself rather quick.

Lately, i have managed to get 160 + hrs of uptime withou problems, and sometimes i get around 80-90 hrs of uptime before the lag starts.

Yesterday evening, the phone dropped some memory, lagged a little bit, but I put it on the table overnight, but when I woke up, it was just as laggy and got worse after very little usage.

Seems like the phone doesn't clear unneccessary resources sometimes.

Hi guys ,

is there any way or command to move dalvik cache to sd card ? In other words to make a2sd to a2sd+ without reflashing rom ?

I'm running out of space even with a2sd and searching for solution B)

Edited by Rust

Guest MacCarron

Hi guys! B). For those of you that don't visit XDA on a regular basis, there has been a lot of chatter and wishes about the porting of one of the latest CyanogenMod's features to Sense ROMs. The mod was originally designed for the HTC EVO, but with some effort i have ported it to the current MCR :). Here's a snapshot:

widgete.png

I have tested the mod on a freshly baked r9 and everything works smoothly. The widget is configurable, quoting the original thread:

Take note of the naming convention I've used above for each widget. This is how Android, internally, is referencing each widget for use / display in the power control bar. This is important, since, as mentioned, you can override the 6 widgets this mod provides out of the box.

How you ask?

By creating a pipe delimited list (|) of widgets in a one-line text file named widget.txt, and dropping this file into the '/system/customize/' folder on your phone.

So, say you want your power control bar to contain 4 widgets for Airplane Mode, Wifi, Bluetooth, and Sync. You would create a one-line file using the following syntax:

toggleAirplane|toggleWifi|toggleBluetooth|toggleSync
Note: there CANNOT be any spaces between each widget defined, and the pipe delimiter is only placed between each instance, but not at the beginning or end. The syntax has to be EXACT, and case must match EXACTLY. If you have an error in your list, the slot / position where the error exists will result in an empty slot on your power control bar. If you fubar it bad enough, you'll probably bootloop your phone, so please use caution and check your work. Once you've created your file, again, named widget.txt, all lower-case, using adb, push to your phone (the following commands assume your widget.txt file is in the same folder where you are issuing the adb commands):
adb remount

adb push widget.txt /system/customize/

adb reboot
Alternatively, drop your 'widget.txt' file on your sdcard, and use root explorer to copy the file to your clipboard, navigate to your '/system/customize/' folder, mount as r/w, paste the file in place, make sure permissions on the new file are set to 'read', at a minimum, and reboot. If you are not comfortable with either of these options, post what you want in the thread, and I can whip up a flashable zip for you that will do the same, automatically. Want to go back to the default widget setting? Simply rename or delete the 'widget.txt' file in your '/system/customize/' folder and reboot. For your reference, when creating your 'widget.txt' file, here is the complete list of available widgets with correct syntax that you can copy / paste into your file (don't forget to pipe delimit them):
toggleAirplane

toggleAutoRotate

toggleBluetooth

toggleBrightness

toggleFlashlight

toggleGPS

toggleLockScreen

toggleMobileData

toggleScreenTimeout

toggleSleepMode

toggleSound

toggleSync

toggleWifi

FYI, I've added in toast notification messages when toggling WiFi and Bluetooth, so as to acknowledge your button press, as these two options take a bit to instantiate.

The attached zip is the "stock" mod, with no widget.txt included. The maximum number of shortcuts supported is 6. As always remember to NANDROID FIRST.

Also, applying battery mods and stuff on top of this mod might (a.k.a "will most likely") result in bootloops. Again, quoting:

This port / mod involves massive edits to your framework files, including framework.jar, services.jar, and framework-res.apk. As such, by flashing this mod, you will undo most mods / themes you have applied to your phone. There is no choice in the matter. Consider this your new / base / stock set of framework files if you wish to use, and modify to incorporate your own themes / mods accordingly. Or, if you don't want to lose your customizations, wait for your ROM dev, or themer to grab this port as a starting point to apply their changes.

You CANNOT flash this mod to implement the power control widget, and then flash a theme back over top it, if the theme replaces the framework-res.apk file (most likely do), as it will likely completely bork your phone, resulting in bootloops, as the theme will partially undo this mod, resulting in breaking both the mod and your phone

If the theme is a MetaMorph file, assuming the MetaMorph does not change any of the XML or other files that this mod does, and only changes images, etc, you should be safe in applying.

Quirk: If you toggle on/off any of the settings you have specified in your widget bar via a mechanism other than the widget bar itself, the state of that icon may become out of sync with the actual state of the feature you have toggled. By either waiting for the change to be picked up, or simply toggling any widget in your power control bar, all icons will be immediately updated to reflect their correct state. This does not affect functionality in any way. Remember, this is a port, I didn't code this from source, that would have been much easier .

And finally, here's the ported mod to be flashed via recovery:

EDIT: Browser FCs fixed. Everything seems to be working now, please report bugs if any are found :)

NEW LINK: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6419606/Notificati...MoDaCo-r9v2.zip

ALL CREDITS GO TO JsChiSurf from the EVO forums @XDA

Edited by MacCarron

Guest logicalextreme
Hi guys! :D. For those of you that don't visit XDA on a regular basis, there has been a lot of chatter and wishes about the porting of one of the latest CyanogenMod's features to Sense ROMs. The mod was originally designed for the HTC EVO, but with some effort i have ported it to the current MCR :D. Here's a snapshot:

widgete.png

I have tested the mod on a freshly baked r9 and everything works smoothly. The widget is configurable, quoting the original thread:

The attached zip is the "stock" mod, with no widget.txt included. I am also working on porting the "buttonized version" mentioned in the original thread. As always remember to NANDROID FIRST.

Also, applying battery mods and stuff on top of this mod might (a.k.a "will most likely") result in bootloops. Again, quoting:

And finally, here's the ported mod to be flashed via recovery:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6419606/Notificati...t-MoDaCo-r9.zip

ALL CREDITS GO TO JsChiSurf from the EVO forums @XDA

OUCH! That is some sexy stuff. I'll definitely be looking into that once I've sorted out this bloody init.d shite

Guest logicalextreme
as far as i know - the kernel is not modified in r9, so ipv6 support is in the kernel anyway, the checkbox "ipv6 disable" only disables it with an echo line in an init script

you can re-enable it with the command

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/disable_ipv6

or remove

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/disable_ipv6

from the initscript

(1..disables ipv6, 0..enables ipv6)

as its in the kernel and not a module there is not much need for disabling it anyway

Okay man, you win. Any idea why I can't change this permanently without reflashing? init.rc runs everything in /etc/init.d which contains a script called 97ipv6, which disables ipv6 in the way you mentioned.

I've tried editing 97ipv6 and removing it, in root explorer, a terminal emulator, adb and via an update.zip. Every single time I boot it's back the way it was. I also found /system/etc/init.d which contains the same files but no joy there either (I presume one is a symlink to the other because changes are replicated over).

This is presumably a security feature of some kind. Is this the result of S-ON or do I have the wrong idea about that? Do I need to delete 97ipv6 from whatever repository it keeps pulling it back out of, and if so do you know where these backups are kept?

Sorry for the questions, it's always a learning curve with me and I'm determined to do this without reflashing the ROM because I know it's possible. Hell, in trying I've already learnt how to make an update.zip!

EDIT: I've Googled around but can't seem to find a straight answer regarding S-ON/S-OFF, and pretty much nothing about an automatic restoration of system files.

Edited by logicalextreme

Okay man, you win. Any idea why I can't change this permanently without reflashing? init.rc runs everything in /etc/init.d which contains a script called 97ipv6, which disables ipv6 in the way you mentioned.

I've tried editing 97ipv6 and removing it, in root explorer, a terminal emulator, adb and via an update.zip. Every single time I boot it's back the way it was. I also found /system/etc/init.d which contains the same files but no joy there either (I presume one is a symlink to the other because changes are replicated over).

This is presumably a security feature of some kind. Is this the result of S-ON or do I have the wrong idea about that? Do I need to delete 97ipv6 from whatever repository it keeps pulling it back out of, and if so do you know where these backups are kept?

Sorry for the questions, it's always a learning curve with me and I'm determined to do this without reflashing the ROM because I know it's possible. Hell, in trying I've already learnt how to make an update.zip!

EDIT: I've Googled around but can't seem to find a straight answer regarding S-ON/S-OFF, and pretty much nothing about an automatic restoration of system files.

removing it in /system/etc/init.d should do it

you need: root and /system read/write

if you don't have s-off, use adb in recovery

adb shell

cd /system/etc/init.d/ #if you can't, the /system is not mounted from rom, but from recovery

ls #look if its there

mount -o remount,rw /system

rm 97ipv6

ls #to look if it's gone

Edited by woti17

Guest logicalextreme
removing it in /system/etc/init.d should do it

you need: root and /system read/write

if you don't have s-off, use adb in recovery

adb shell

cd /system/etc/init.d/ #if you can't, the /system is not mounted from rom, but from recovery

ls #look if its there

mount -o remount,rw /system

rm 97ipv6

ls #to look if it's gone

Cheers! I tried in recovery initially, and knew I'd mounted system before, but couldn't see how to do it on the face of it so did it in the usual way. I'll try mounting in recovery now.

EDIT: Ack! Now I remember. ClockworkMod. It gives you the option to mount /system. Aces.

Edited by logicalextreme

Guest le_lutin
Oh, sorry, of course!

At first, the phone had approx. 40-50 hrs of uptime and all of a sudden, system memory just dropped (till 22mb, threshold value is set to 24), the phone became extremely laggy. Sometimes the memory increases, but when it reaches >24mb, it lags EXTREMELY. The phone is unusable. I can end all applications with Quick System Info, but this will repeat itself rather quick.

Lately, i have managed to get 160 + hrs of uptime withou problems, and sometimes i get around 80-90 hrs of uptime before the lag starts.

Yesterday evening, the phone dropped some memory, lagged a little bit, but I put it on the table overnight, but when I woke up, it was just as laggy and got worse after very little usage.

Seems like the phone doesn't clear unneccessary resources sometimes.

I have to say that I also get this from time to time. I don't know for a fact that it is the ROM. I'm on R8, so I had always assumed that things might be different in R9, but I haven't had the chance to upgrade yet (and I probably won't before R10).

So, I can confirm that I also have this issue on R8.

Hi guys ,

is there any way or command to move dalvik cache to sd card ? In other words to make a2sd to a2sd+ without reflashing rom ?

I'm running out of space even with a2sd and searching for solution B)

Anyone willing to help ?

Guest htcnick
Use Aps2sd+ the 'normal' partition on the SD card lakes a little while to mount, and mounts AFTER the phone has started - that is why you cant have widgets etc moved to SD.

If you use apps2sd+ however, that uses its own partition just for apps, and mounts almost instantly, so you can what ever apps you want there.

not only that, but it moves them there automatically (whether the app developer has made it possible or not), so you don't even have to worry about it...

B))

hey

whats the diff between aps2sd+ and apps2sd+? how do i get apps2sd+. i just included the ap2sd+ in the online kitchen.

Guest prestonmale

hi,

this rom looks absolutely awesome. this might be a really stupid question as i'm a total newby,....can i use this rom in my orange san francisco?

thanks

Guest aslsthlm
hi,

this rom looks absolutely awesome. this might be a really stupid question as i'm a total newby,....can i use this rom in my orange san francisco?

thanks

No.

hey

whats the diff between aps2sd+ and apps2sd+? how do i get apps2sd+. i just included the ap2sd+ in the online kitchen.

The post you quoted named the things wrong.

AFAIK one is APPS2SD that's native Froyo way of managing apps. Apps that support APPS2SD install on your SD card on FAT32 partition.

The other is A2SD and A2SD+. The first installs apps onto your ext partition and the second moves the Dallvik cache as well.

The second options are better on rooted phones because you gain more storage space that way.

Edited by bpivk

in /system/etc/init.d/40a2sd

modify in 3 "for"-statements

for i in app app-private;

to:

for i in app app-private dalvik-cache;

Just to add some thoughts , may be helpful for newbies like me B)

1. I'm a newbie to android and linux .

2. I don't know how to edit file , so i copied it to windows and edit with notepad ;)

3. When i put it back , i get boot loop :)

4. Luckily i saw that executable attribute is not checked anymore for this file.

5. I started to google for command how to edin file attributes and ended with solution :

- chmod +x filename :)

6. Phone booted and everything went fine ;)

I'm sure there is more smart and easy way for edit , but decided to share this experience ;)

Edited by Rust

Guest Mathias1
I have to say that I also get this from time to time. I don't know for a fact that it is the ROM. I'm on R8, so I had always assumed that things might be different in R9, but I haven't had the chance to upgrade yet (and I probably won't before R10).

So, I can confirm that I also have this issue on R8.

Well, that kind of sux.

What is the problem then?

Must be something wrong with the close-unneccessary-apps functions, becuase in my case, it was idle fpr atleast 6 hours, and no memory was cleared.

Could someone PLEASE take a look at this?

Guest thunderb0lt

Hello all, I've been trying to flash to this rom but to no avail so far. I had modaco r6 previously flashed. I installed fake flash and then flashed to r9. I thought it was succesful, but when I rebooted the scren would stay black with the text "android" in blue on the screen which which had a white light flashing from left to right.

I thought I had bricked my phone but I manged to flash back to r6 using fake flash.

Any help/advice on how to sucessfuly flash from r6 to this r9 rom.

Thanks in advance.

I rebooted the scren would stay black with the text "android" in blue on the screen which which had a white light flashing from left to right.
That's normal. You'll have to wait 5-10 minutes for it to work. And you didn't tell us if you did a full wipe before installing the new rom. You should try that as well if you didn't.