acer liquid metal

Guest gevin

Oh my! Let it be current Acer Liquid design + physical keyboard + 512 MB RAM + normal multi-touch touchscreen + better GPU! I would definitely buy this without thinking!

And it looks like this? :P

post-670354-1284017001_thumb.png

i think it's just a picture, nothing more..

froyo 2.2..last leak is with stream interface..stream is already selling.. maybe it's the stream?

Edited by lgcmn

Metal have Qualcomm MSM 7230, really different than our Qualcomm Snapdragon 8250.

This phone have really nice specs and have a sweet design.

Hope the specs are the good one.

Edited by vache

wow that is a nice phone.... but i really wanna see the front of the phone... i hope they do physical menu buttons... possible indented like the iphone to prevent accidental touches.... 3 buttons is fine and a trackball..... no need for search button....

edit : ohh i can see the front... looks to be full touch buttons

Edited by tc4101

Guest willyaranda

microusb (because in the UE it's obligatory for new phones)

Flash for the camera!

bluetooth 3.0

and dolby (look for the 3rd photo :P

really nice, and good design!

Guest HustlinDaily
Metal have Qualcomm MSM 7230, really different than our Qualcomm Snapdragon 8250.

This phone have really nice specs and have a sweet design.

Hope the specs are the good one.

Is that the same processor in the T-Mobile G2 releasing this month in the US?

If so, it is supposed to be lower power and handle graphics a lot better. Exciting.

Guest xian1243

I'll buy this the DAY it comes out :) Loving that design, same take as the Samsung Captivate from AT&T over in the US, aluminum body, flash, I'm liking it! A discrete GPU upgrade, and that CPU is capable of doing 800MHz->1GHz :P

Way to go Acer, I actually may buy another one of your products.

P.S. Same SoC as in the G2, Scorpion CPU (what we currently have in our A1), capable of 1GHz, Adreno205 (we currently have Adreno200) which can do Flash and SVG HW accel, has built in OpenGLES 2.0, BT 3.0, and of course, HSDPA, all integrated into the SoC.

Edited by xian1243

i was going to buy tomorrow Liquid E or Stream (haven't decided yet)..

and now, when i saw the photos and specs, i will wait for this release..it's really awesome (especially the brown one)..

can't wait for the official announcement :P

I bought a my brand new Liquid for 240€, shipment included so I wouldn´t wait for this release as it will cost a lot more, for sure. For current crops of Android, Liquid is more than enough for me.

When Android v3.0 arrives then I will want to replace my Liquid for a full 1Ghz (or more) SoC + 512Mb RAM (or more), hopefully with a Super LCD / Super AMOLED RGB onboard :P

Guest zander4218

Qualcomm has officially revealed a new line of mainstream smartphone chipsets, MSM7×30 family which is going to bring gigahertz processing to future average smartphones. The MSM7×30 family will pleasantly surprise you with multimedia features like HD video recording and playback and “exceptional graphics with dedicated 2D and 3D cores” while the chips will also be optimized for offering you a great web experience.

[AD]

Qualcomm MSM7×30 Smartphone Chipsets will include the MSM7230 for HSPA+ smartphones and the MSM7630 which comes with multi-mode support for HSPA+/EV-DO Rev. B and SV-DO handsets. Qualcomm MSM7×30 Smartphone Chipsets family will offer 800MHz to 1GHz CPUs based on the ARM v7 instruction set. The CPU used will be the same Scorpion models found in current Snapdragon chipsets.

MXM7×30 chipsets will gets features like:

720p high-definition video encode/decode at 30 frames per second

Integrated 2D and 3D graphics GPUs with support for OpenGL ES 2.0, and OpenVG 1.1 industry standard APIs

Dedicated low-power audio subsystem supporting 5.1 surround

12-megapixel camera support

Integrated GPS for location-based services

Support for leading mobile operating systems, including Android, Windows Mobile, Brew Mobile Platform and Symbian

Support for package-on-package memory for reduced board space, optimized power consumption and more responsive performance.

PM8058 power management integrated circuit and the QTR8600 RF subsystem with integrated Bluetooth and FM radio

Wi-Fi support as it will interface directly with the Qualcomm WCN1312 WLAN solution for 802.11 b/g/n.

Qualcomm hasn’t announced what smartphones will use the new chipsets so far but we’ll be definitely looking forward to see manufacturers announce new devices based on Qualcomm’s new MSM7×30 chipset family.

Edited by zander4218