PSFreedom on the Hero?

Guest TylerDurdenK

Guest vanschlong

This works like a treat on my hero running modaco r5;

I thought I would write some plain instructions for using the GSM HTC Hero to put your PS3 in dev/debug mode, as the ones on the wiki are none to clear.

1. First, you must root your phone and the process may vary depending on which firmware version you are on. I presume most are on 2.1 so follow the guide here. http://www.roothtchero.co.uk/

2. The only difference to the above is instead of flashing the recovery image in the guide, you are going to flash the new recovery image with the ps3 hack built in. Download from here: http://data.fuskbugg.se/skogsturken/...m-1.0-bdvd.img

3. After you have rooted and flashed the custom recovery image, you need to reboot the phone into recovery mode. Turn off the phone and turn it on into Recovery Mode by holding down Home and Power buttons to turn it on. Keep holding them until you see the recovery menu with an image of a ps3 on the background.

4. You then need to plug the Hero into the USB port of the ps3 and pull the power cord on the ps3 slim, or switch off on ps phat. Turn the ps3 back on and quickly press power then eject on the console.

5. You will know if you have done it correctly as the ps3 will take a bit longer than usual to boot and you will also see “Install Package Files” under GAME on the XMB.

6. Take a USB flashdrive and copy the ps3 backup manager package onto the root of it. (google for the file)

7. Plug into the ps3 and it should appear under “Install Package Files” under GAME on the XMB. Install it and then you can run it and backup your legally owned originals.

8. Once the ps3 has booted into dev mode you can remove your phone and reboot it back into its usual mode. But if you turn of the ps3 you will need to repeat steps 3 & 4.