Apps2SD on Froyo + Superboot

Guest noxwell

BE SURE, that you have created ext2 partition on your SD card using malez recovery!!!

Hi all! This is manual, helps you to move all your apps to sd. This is not official method (official doesn't support all apps and a bit slower) and USE IT ON YOUR OWN RISK!!!

1. Partition your SD card using Makes recovery.

2. Install busydox

3. Run installer

4. Follow instructions

5. Be happy!

UPDATE v 0.2:

-Fixed "read-only" error

This is easy installer of Apps2SD, includes superboot (you don't need to root your phone)

P.S. Only for froyo leak v 4.002.02

Apps2SD_installer_updated2.exe

Edited by noxwell

Guest Elisha82

Yeah Froyo uses the existing FAT32 partition to move the apps to. Apps2SD uses EX2 or EX3.

No need for Apps2SD for Froyo as far as I know.

The only limitation is that the apps itself need to have the ability to be moved to SD within Froyo.

Hi

Trying to activate this but how do i mount the ext partition to /system/sd?

I mean, if i copy all the apps to /system/sd as it is now i'm just moving them to the sd partition, not the external.

zehunter, yes, froyo have built-in apps2sd, but it is a bit slower, then my apps2sd and not all apps support it. In our country only a few programmers adding support of froyo. I've made alternate method, and i just wanted other people to know this.

Rufy93, you must have ext2 (not ext or ext3) partition on your card. After installing mboot.zip it will mounts automatically. If it doesn't, you must re-partition your sd, using malez menu.

UPD: OHHH. I've missed some part, you must create /system/sd folder to mount ext2 to it!))))))) When you create folder, after reboot it'll automatically mount it.)

Guest natostanco
What is the difference to use Titanium Backup to move all apps to SD??

Seems Titanium Backup can move all apps to SD, even "not support apps".

yes, but if you try to move with titanium apps that doesn't support the option the phone reboots, so moving with titanium is risky and annoying... and the option to move apps of froyo is very limited...and u can't move widgets...so an external apps2sd workaround is better imho

Guest navygino
yes, but if you try to move with titanium apps that doesn't support the option the phone reboots, so moving with titanium is risky and annoying... and the option to move apps of froyo is very limited...and u can't move widgets...so an external apps2sd workaround is better imho

So far I don't have reboot issue and works well....

Thank you for your sharing. I success installed. The performance is very good.

I tried the Froyo built-in apps2sd before, it really slow down the system and have problem with widget.

Does anyone know how you see which version the ext partition is using?

Edit: Apparantly I was using ext2. So I created the /system/sd directory, but how do I check the ext2 partition is mounted?

Edited by Rufy93

Does anyone know how you see which version the ext partition is using?

Edit: Apparantly I was using ext2. So I created the /system/sd directory, but how do I check the ext2 partition is mounted?

Must be something in the system sd directory, like lost+found directory that was not there before.

Guest peanut67

Hi,

I don't get beyond step 5. If I type "busybox chown 1000:1000 /system/sd" in adb shell (phone booted) I get the message "busybox not found" or similar- busybox is installed though. If I do the same while the phone is in recovery mode I get the message "/system/sd not found" and I'm not able to mount /system/sd in recovery mode (if I try I always get the message "/system/sd not mounted")

Please help!

EDIT: ok, it worked after I installed busybox following the tutorial. Busybox that I installed from Malez recovery didn't work.

One problem though - after I finished the workaround all apps worked fine, but then I tried to restore some more apps from Titanium, which made my phone reboot but the boot process stuck in a loop, so I had to reinstall. Apparently Titanium doesn't work with symlinks (?)

EDIT 2: ok, it wasn't Titanium's fault, it just doesn't reboot after the workaround (gets stuck at the boot logo) - the first time I han't rebooted right away before playing around with Titanium

I did everything as written above, I have the Leak Rom, Recovery 0.5.4 and Busybox 1.1 from the Tutorial installed . Any ideas?

Edited by peanut67

Guest peanut67

One more question - maybe I'm missing something here? The original post says:

"Install mboot.zip (not signed, superboot)"

What does that mean exactly? In Malez recovery I don't find a "superboot" option to install mboot, I just install it with the "unsigned" option.

Any help would be appreciated :P

WARNING!!! IF YOU DON'T KNOW, WHAT IS ADB AND BUSYBOX - DON'T TRY TO USE THIS MANUAL!!!

Hi all! This is manual, helps you to move all your apps to sd. This is not official method (official doesn't support all apps and a bit slower) and USE IT ON YOUR OWN RISK!!!

1. Create /system/sd folder

2. Install mboot.zip (not signed, superboot) through malez recovery.

3. Check, if it mounts, you must have some files in /system/sd folder (if you had it on your ext2 partition).

4. Copy apps folder from /data to system/sd

5. Connect phone through usb to computer and run adb shell.

6. Write this commands:

busybox chown 1000:1000 /system/sd

busybox chmod 771 /system/sd

busybox mv /data/app /data/app.ori

busybox ln -s /system/sd/app /data/app;

7. If all apps open normally, you can delete /data/app.ori

Ready!

P.S. Only for froyo leak

P.P.S. I'm so lazy to put all in one update.zip, but if i'd have a time - i'll make it.

Noxwell,

If you can help me or not, then it's all OK and thanks. For now, this one is the only one that works on froyo, it's not yet working on Malez 0.6.

I would like to know how you have mounted the ext2, and how you have placed it in boot.img . On the web, I have seen a couple of tutorials in the web, but it would be really helpful, if its specific to Liquid e. Maybe, its asking too much but I have to ask because i'm so stuck.

BTW, if the malez's app2sd was applied, what happens to your modification in boot.img.

If nothing at all, what is the basic knowledge to start this things. I'm really so stuck, before all i have to do is start making apps, not linux kernel manipulations an sorts.

thanks again.

Hi again,

I am such a noob, on my last post, but necessity is the mother of invention. I was able to extrack ramdisk and flash back a my modified boot image with liquidbootimage. In short, your boot image does not work for my class 6 8G sd, but only works on my 16G class 2 sd. God knows why. So, I placed the mounting of the ext2 at the very end of init.rc and now recognize both my sds.

thanks.

Guest Wendigogo
Hi again,

I am such a noob, on my last post, but necessity is the mother of invention. I was able to extrack ramdisk and flash back a my modified boot image with liquidbootimage. In short, your boot image does not work for my class 6 8G sd, but only works on my 16G class 2 sd. God knows why. So, I placed the mounting of the ext2 at the very end of init.rc and now recognize both my sds.

thanks.

Seems to have the same behaviour here (second froyo leak on "basic" Liquid S100) : in malez recovery, "/system/sd" is mounted (some stuff on it) using the recovery mounting option; but nothing on /data ( O_o) so I couldn't copy apps to SD ext2 partition.

Flashing the zip (unsigned) and rebooting : some stuff in /data but nothing on "/system/sd"; Seems to be not mounted so I'm stuck on the third part ! Think my problem is the same as yours ... Could you please give me your modified init.rc (and how to add it in "/") ?

Seems to have the same behaviour here (second froyo leak on "basic" Liquid S100) : in malez recovery, "/system/sd" is mounted (some stuff on it) using the recovery mounting option; but nothing on /data ( O_o) so I couldn't copy apps to SD ext2 partition.

Flashing the zip (unsigned) and rebooting : some stuff in /data but nothing on "/system/sd"; Seems to be not mounted so I'm stuck on the third part ! Think my problem is the same as yours ... Could you please give me your modified init.rc (and how to add it in "/") ?

mount yaffs2 mtd@system /system # before this line

mkdir /system/sd 0771 system system # I added this line

# mount yaffs2 mtd@system /system ro remount # removed this command

#and at the very end, and only at the very end of init.rc:

mount ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system/sd noatime nodiratime nosuid nodev

chown system system /system/sd

chmod 0771 /system/sd

It's just i believe my 8G SD is just defective, or the phone is just incompatible with it.

/data has to be mounted properly. type 'mount' under normal boot and mount it there on recovery. Or go look at old LCR update-script.

later

Guest Small_Hacker
You forgot something.. So, just restore the /system/app.ori as /system/app, you shuld boot!!

what i have forgotten?

now i just reflash the latest leak rom and trying to do again

Guest thepasto

I don't know.. Boot loop means apps not found.. Check /system/sd folder after install mboot.zip, it must contains lost+found subfolder to be used. I have 1.7.1 busybox installed, i don't know if this works with other version..

Edited by thepasto