CyanogenMod 6 Discussion / Help

Guest DanWilson

Guest jamielockeymusic
I say you should at least update to 1.7.

CM6 is good, but has it's flaws, and needs some setting up.

ohh :) i really want CM6 lol! how much setting up does it need?

Guest whackster

Just re-flashed everything, and my Phone freaked me out :) Does anyone know where does CM6 back up the apps, or how to access the setting? It only shows up one time when first booting, and goes away...

Also I'd like to know where on google it stores the apps, is there a way to access them?

Actually it's a froyo feature, the market is downloading the apps :)

Edited by whackster

Guest DanWilson
ohh :) i really want CM6 lol! how much setting up does it need?

Well, if you don't want A2SD, SWAP or an overclock, none. Except installing GApps.

If you want the above, it's a bit more tricky. You need to flash another boot.img, fully boot the phone, flash the A2SD .zip, reboot fully, flash GApps, reboot, set up SWAP and OC.

I think that's about it.

But if you get one stage wrong, you need to start from the start. Which is why it isn't in the guide. Because I can't remember the order. Hell, I need to try and fix my dads Desire. That is Hell.

Guest jamielockeymusic
Well, if you don't want A2SD, SWAP or an overclock, none. Except installing GApps.

If you want the above, it's a bit more tricky. You need to flash another boot.img, fully boot the phone, flash the A2SD .zip, reboot fully, flash GApps, reboot, set up SWAP and OC.

I think that's about it.

But if you get one stage wrong, you need to start from the start. Which is why it isn't in the guide. Because I can't remember the order. Hell, I need to try and fix my dads Desire. That is Hell.

hmm well, ive been using swapper 2 for swap and never need a2sd or overclock, becos with swapper2 my pulse is nippy enough :) would swapper 2 still work? or do i need to flash a seperate swap kernal?

Guest DanWilson
hmm well, ive been using swapper 2 for swap and never need a2sd or overclock, becos with swapper2 my pulse is nippy enough :) would swapper 2 still work? or do i need to flash a seperate swap kernal?

You'd need the SWAP kernel for that. IE, the one with A2SD and OC. :)

I've got it somewhere on my laptop.

MEDIAFIRE, AWAY!

Guest DanWilson
is that the one which includes swap?

Yup.

In reply to the Youtube question, all videos seem to run fine for me. Just the old glitch (On every system I have) where if I go back a few seconds or something to replay a funny bit, it clears the whole video (so it has to redownload) and starts at the start.

Guest SonMauri
Weird. Damn, have I updated the first post yet?

Sigh.

Yes, did you flash it without GApps or anything? Some people report bugs when A2SD isn't flashed first.

I flashed gapps first. So that's the problem right?

Tomorrow will try in the correct order. Thanks.

Guest SonMauri
Weird. Damn, have I updated the first post yet?

Sigh.

Yes, did you flash it without GApps or anything? Some people report bugs when A2SD isn't flashed first.

I flashed gapps first. So that's the problem right?

Tomorrow will try in the correct order. Thanks.

Guest Gigahurtz
Yup.

In reply to the Youtube question, all videos seem to run fine for me. Just the old glitch (On every system I have) where if I go back a few seconds or something to replay a funny bit, it clears the whole video (so it has to redownload) and starts at the start.

thx for reply, oh well back to the drawing board.

Guest DanWilson
Oh, is it the same for both files?

Because i've already flashed the beta-0.20 file :-)

Just flash Flibs 0.20 boot.img over Tom G's boot.img.

So yes, it is the same.

Guest Pq2son2

Anyone can refresh the knowed Bugs of CM6??

Currently after test the CM6 with flb-0.20 we have new bug's that doesn't appear at the first page(or I can not read), as:

- GPS doesn't work, only A-GPS. (explained into the forum but not in the first page)

- If you take more than one picture with the cam you must reboot the phone to take other one. (It's in the first page)

I can not test the youtube videos because I don't install the application (only drain my battery, and with efficiency xD)

Any one detect anything more?

Guest david_dawkins
Anyone can refresh the knowed Bugs of CM6??

Currently after test the CM6 with flb-0.20 we have new bug's that doesn't appear at the first page(or I can not read), as:

- GPS doesn't work, only A-GPS. (explained into the forum but not in the first page)

- If you take more than one picture with the cam you must reboot the phone to take other one. (It's in the first page)

I can not test the youtube videos because I don't install the application (only drain my battery, and with efficiency xD)

Any one detect anything more?

I can't reinstall SkyForce Reloaded from market or Titanium, but this could be something to do with my set up, although application location is set to Automatic. Maybe I am just out of app space; I understand the built-in app2sd-like feature is currently broken, and I don't have app2sd set up (I only every read of problems with app2sd, for the last year spent on this forum, it's made me wary of it).

Guest jrodrigues

I have aother bug that happens when I connect the phone to the PC via USB and mount the sd card... When I unmount it, it either takes a really long time to do it or reboots...

Any ideas why?

Guest Gigahurtz

Whats peoples opinion on task managers/killers with CM6? Is it best to have one or not? Will battery be drained by processes if no manager/killer installed?

Thx