CyanogenMod 6 Discussion / Help

Guest DanWilson

Guest DanWilson
The camera is working perfectly if you set it to 2MP.

What, you can take as many pics as you want?

Also - is anyone getting blue lines on the right hand side of the camera? I know that we get lines in general, but these things stick out.

Guest totiadrenalin
What, you can take as many pics as you want?

Also - is anyone getting blue lines on the right hand side of the camera? I know that we get lines in general, but these things stick out.

Something like missing all line of pixels?

Yeah in maximum resolution I get them anytime.

Guest DanWilson
Something like missing all line of pixels?

Yeah in maximum resolution I get them anytime.

Nope, just a kinda blue tinge. In a line.

Not that I even use the camera for pictures. QR Codes for me.

Nice.

Guest AndyTaylor

Hmmmm.

Just flashed this. I was on FLB 1.5, tried to upgrade to 1.7, update failed. Tried J-Mod, didn't work.

Tried this, worked, flashed GAPPS, worked, go to reboot, stuck on ANDROID screen for around an hour and a half so far.

And yes, I did wipe/reset etc.

@twrock

I'm trying to get Chinese input (Chuyin & Handwriting) in, but I cant find it in the Language & Keyboard menu.

Where and what to download?

Ok, I hope this works. Disclaimer: I don't want to reinstall my rom to test this, so if you try to do it, you are doing the beta testing.

Make a nandroid backup before messing with these files! I promise nothing.

Links:

Chinese handwriting

Chinese Touchpal

After downloading, INSTALL the "InstallHC121024.zip" via CW Recovery. It is not "signed", so you have to use CW Recovery and toggle it to allow installing non-signed files. WARNING: you have to have enough space in /system to install this. I don't recommend trying it unless you used flibblesan's gapps or the tiny gapps in your original CM6.1 installation. But I don't know for sure that is true. If you try to install and something doesn't work, that is a probable reason. Of course you can try to delete some apps out of /system/app to make space for this; that's always another alternative.

But, the second zip, "TPChinese.zip" is not an install file. It is a simple zip of Touchpal and the two language packs for Simplified and Traditional Chinese input (traditional includes Zhuyin; simplified includes bihua and pinyin). Unzip it and install the three apps from your SD card via your file manager. I installed it that way on my phone because I am using DTApps2SD and I don't have a space problem. They could be installed into the rom, but I haven't done that yet, and I don't see a good enough reason to go through all that work.

You don't have to install Touchpal to get the handwriting to work.

And, please, come back and report on what happened. Share the knowledge.

(Now, I have some serious work to do for my real job before I can go to bed, so I really have to get out of here!)

Edited by twrock

Guest pandinusimp

Hello,

i have problems to install some apps via apk. That are apps that doesn't shown in the market. If i install the files it says "App not installed".

What could be the problem?

Thanks

Guest spanner44

Not sure if this is the right place or in the other CM6 thread, so have put it in both in the hope of some help.

I decided to update to CM6 after getting a new class 6 SD Card, so I have just tried to install it, and seemed to have stumbled at the first block.

I have formatted the SD card with Swap, Ext2 and Fat 32.

On the root I placed the zips, CM6.1-RC0-pulse-beta 0.3, gapps-pulse, CM6_oc kernel, dtapps to sd.

I then from the System recovery, did flash zip from sdcard, choosing the CM6.1-beta 0.3 one and after a slight pause, it came back with an error

"E:Error in /sdcard/CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.30.zip (status 7)

Installation aborted."

So where do I go from here ?

I am coming from the FLB1.7 and never had any problems in installing that.

Please Help.

Not sure if this is the right place or in the other CM6 thread, so have put it in both in the hope of some help.

I decided to update to CM6 after getting a new class 6 SD Card, so I have just tried to install it, and seemed to have stumbled at the first block.

I have formatted the SD card with Swap, Ext2 and Fat 32.

On the root I placed the zips, CM6.1-RC0-pulse-beta 0.3, gapps-pulse, CM6_oc kernel, dtapps to sd.

I then from the System recovery, did flash zip from sdcard, choosing the CM6.1-beta 0.3 one and after a slight pause, it came back with an error

"E:Error in /sdcard/CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.30.zip (status 7)

Installation aborted."

So where do I go from here ?

I am coming from the FLB1.7 and never had any problems in installing that.

Please Help.

Which Recovery are you using? AmonRA or Clockwork? If you aren't using Clockwork Recovery, install that and try again.

Let us know what happens.

Edit: Disclaimer: I just noticed that you are using a U8230. I know nothing about the specific issues with that device and whether or not this rom will work at all.

Edited by twrock

Guest spanner44

I am using clockwork recovery.

I tried several times following all the instructions, but still with no success, so for the moment I have gone back and re-installed FLB v1.7 oc and will have to try again over the weekend.

Guest DanWilson
Only need a fix for the ringtone Loop (right now the ringtone does not loop)

Make a ringtone on your PC which is a loop and 1000 minutes long. You'll need a 1TB SD card but still, if you ignore it long enough, it'll just die :)

Guest sentroy
Only need a fix for the ringtone Loop (right now the ringtone does not loop)

I think I've made a breakthrough on this problem, wasted a good night sleep but I think you guys will enjoy it :lol:

I'll start with the story on how I was able to figure it out :(

It started with the cyanogenmod 0.3, fresh out of testing, and released to us. Runs great, looks great and feels great. Until you get a phone call and notice that it only sounds once... :) .

Many complain, but none take action. Until one HERO :( (it's me), does!

Began with looking up where the files are stored, after some time going thru the rom I found them at "system/media/audio/ringtones" and "system/media/audio/notifications". Next it was the issues of finding why they don't repeat. Well some googeling fixed that. The ogg files should have a tag that says "repeat this sound". In this case "ANDROID_LOOP=true".

So I downloaded WinVorbis, extracted on of the ringtones and opened it (in WinVorbis).

Under the tab "Other Tags" i added the tag. Name: ANDROID_LOOP. Value: true.

Replaced the same ringtone in the zip file and flashed my phone. Worked like a charm! :(

Now some notes for all of this.

• First of, i don't think you'll need to flash your rom again. Hopefully you can just push the updated file into the phone.
  • Second, i only tried it for the ringtone. And it only worked for the ringtone. I believe that you'll need to do the same for notifications (and alarm?).
    Tried on: ringtone, notification and alarm. Worked perfectly.
  • I hope this long useless post will help people :lol:
  • And thanks again Tom (and friends) for this awesome release. I'm not mad that you didn't fix this little problem...yet :) . Or am I? DUN DUN DUUUN.

If anyone can't be bothered with downloading WinVorbis and just want one of each fixed (or all) just p.m. and I'll whip it up and post it here.

Crazy rant has ended. Maybe should have removed the history, this post is reallly long :lol: ...naah.

Edited by sentroy

Guest UrbanRider

It works!!! :)

I made this:

Copied my ringtone "Ring_Digital_02.ogg" to sdcard

Opened the file with WinVorbis and added the tag, saved the file overighting the one on the sdcard

replaced the one one /system/media/audio/ringtone using Root Explorer

Done!

Thank you very much!

So what's everyone doing for keyboards?

I tried flashing the Touchpal zip posted earlier in this thread, but the install fails.

You need to read the previous post again: "But, the second zip, "TPChinese.zip" is not an install file."

What you need to know is there in that post.

Enjoy.

Guest Oysterman

Hi folks,

i just moved to CM6 Beta0.3 and it really looks great so far.

Just one thing is still annoying with my android phone (and in all Roms i have used so far) -

the forced Roaming Data Connection for using a SIM of a cheap reselling provider with no own network.

I am with BoB in Austria and they are roaming in the A1 network.

I googled a bit and found this fix here which says it should fix those issues :

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_fram...0c68d9c77a54744

But i am not sure if i understand it fully and i also do not know how to install that fix,

or even if it would run on my Pulse.

Anyone able to help me evaluate that ? I think there would be some more people interested in this

if it really fixes the issue with all MVNOs (Mobile Virtual Network Operators)

here is a link to the issue at google code where i also found the solution link shown above :

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3499

Guest DanWilson
I typed "a2sd jit" in terminal, was this a bad move?

The phone is stuck booting at the "Android" screen now.

What to do?

Can you adb logcat and see if it's looping?

Just watch for the same lines happening again and again. Mine always loops (when it does) after some android.xxxxx.policy dies.

If ti is looping, you can use adb shell to fix it. I don't know the command, but I'm sure we'll work it out :rolleyes:

Guest AntonioPT

Just watch for the same lines happening again and again. Mine always loops (when it does) after some android.xxxxx.policy dies.

If ti is looping, you can use adb shell to fix it. I don't know the command, but I'm sure we'll work it out :huh:

Well, maybe 'a2sd nojit' will help, huh? :rolleyes:

If ti is looping, you can use adb shell to fix it. I don't know the command, but I'm sure we'll work it out :huh:

Too late, I've already reinstalled CM6.1 completely.

Well, maybe 'a2sd nojit' will help, huh? :rolleyes:

How could I do that if I couldn't get past the android boot-screen?