22/Oct Fr24 - MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port for Nexus One with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ez14u2nv
Here's the USB and Wifi-Hotspot fix from my Hybrid ROM cooked here:

Nandroid first and flash to install:

If you like it Paul, add it to your kitchen!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4j6v6xfhhvoe...Hotspot-fix.zip

MICRO you are the man! Thanks for the green launcherpro but now i use this due to the classic flippin clock!! Havnt seen that since JACxHero on g1!

Oh and much praise and hale to the king MODACO! Thanks for this awesome rom!

Guest ez14u2nv

Well i think i did everything i flashed r24-Desire-USB-Hotspot-fix.zip in recovery rebooted... clicked wi-fi-hotspot app checked box at top and the notification icon pops up but the box does not stay checked... network doesnt pop up on my laptop... in settings>wireless settings when i click hotspot it says error... and i have to reboot to get notification to go away still... oh well. am i doing this wrong or am i supposed to use "wi-fi tether for root users" or "barnacle"?

Guest micromod777
Well i think i did everything i flashed r24-Desire-USB-Hotspot-fix.zip in recovery rebooted... clicked wi-fi-hotspot app checked box at top and the notification icon pops up but the box does not stay checked... network doesnt pop up on my laptop... in settings>wireless settings when i click hotspot it says error... and i have to reboot to get notification to go away still... oh well. am i doing this wrong or am i supposed to use "wi-fi tether for root users" or "barnacle"?

Not sure, but it works on my baked ROM, but I'm also using newer IR Kernel. Don't know if that matters or not.

Guest micromod777

Here's how I got my menu lights working. Previous post for some reason didn't work for me.

How to get menu lights working hack:

1) Put "autostart.sh" file in SD Card.

2) Get "Root Explorer" from market and copy file from SD Card and past it in data/opt folder, copying over previous "autostart.sh" file.

3) Then press on "autostart.sh" and execute it. Menu light should work.

autostart.sh<--------download

If this doesn't work for you then that you need to redo the HBOOT on your Nexus One plus hack. I did this and it worked for me:

Menu Lights Hack Full Tutorial for installing new HBOOT:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=2

Edited by micromod777

Guest sonofabit
Here's the USB and Wifi-Hotspot fix from my Hybrid ROM cooked here:

Nandroid first and flash to install:

If you like it Paul, add it to your kitchen!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4j6v6xfhhvoe...Hotspot-fix.zip

I can confirm that this works great! You have to manually select a channel in the advanced options, and I even had it reboot my phone the first time, but after that, it worked perfectly. Thank you for this!

Had a problem the second day after flashing r24.. The phone shut down by itself while in sleep mode.. tried restarting it, didt work, had to remove the battery... Thought the battery was dead so the phone shut down by itself, but the night after while charging it did the same thing. I was supposed to receive a call from someone in the morning, but nothing. I Took the phone up to see if I missed the call, It didn't turn on at all. Took out the battery, then it turned on again.

48 hours passed since the last shut down, and nothing else happened so far...

Did anyone had the same issue?

Paul, did you know about that?..

thanks.

thats what happend to me... and cant even diagnose the issue.. :lol: had to move to cyanogen untill this could get resolved...

Guest olidexni

Hi Paul and others

I have a problem with BT that's driving me crazy. Whenever I try to connect to my Kenwood car stereo first time after flashing a Desire rom, the phone connects without any problem. However, when I try to reconnect - say, after af few hours - I goes all weird on me: Unable to connect properly (or at all), unable to unpair, phone freezes. Same story with all Desire roms I've tried (eViL and Modaco).

Is there some way I can clean/wipe whatever data is stored/cached in the BT from the first pairing/connection? Just a thought, but if I could somehow restore the BT to same original state, just like after a fresh wipe and rom install (without actually re-flashing the whole rom), it might solve the problem, for all practical purposes.

Anyone else with a similar problem?

Thanks.

Guest eyespunker
Mine is always saying low disk space even when i have restared a few times. I checked my sd card got 8gb free. What Disk space is it referring to?

It is likely referring to the system space available. Are you using a2sd+ also I would suggest using titanium in Chuck Norris mode to remove any system apps not being used such as stocks or plurk ect.. Good Luck

Looking forward to Pauls next release;)

20/Sep 17:00 BST

• Phase 1 of later versions merge. This includes the majority of changes from 2.10. More to follow from other new versions. Note that this update also suppresses the OTA update warning.

Guest cbr600f98
  • Phase 1 of later versions merge. This includes the majority of changes from 2.10. More to follow from other new versions. Note that this update also suppresses the OTA update warning.

thanks for the great work Paul.

In the future you can have the flip clock extracted from the desire HD directly into the kitchen?

Guest prgopala
Can you explain how did you put the clock with the flip on n1 modaco R24 that I could be wrong?

Just flashed the ZIP file through recovery (Amona)... But before that i made sure that i had the HTC clock widget on my homescreen...

Guest ssmithri2

Paul... does this include the tether fix from micromod777 as well?

Just flashed the ZIP file through recovery (Amona)... But before that i made sure that i had the HTC clock widget on my homescreen...

Thanks Paul, going to give this a test ride :lol:

thanks for the great work Paul.

In the future you can have the flip clock extracted from the desire HD directly into the kitchen?

No, because it doesn't work 100% yet. I'm nearly there with fixing it, but i'm still getting one crash on re-adding.

P

Paul... does this include the tether fix from micromod777 as well?

No, i'll add that shortly, I just want to reverse engineer what's changed first so I know exactly what i'm putting in.

P

Guest Aspergillus

Hi All...

I just found that the car app is not reacting on rotating the phone.

So if I want to use my phone in the car and use I'd widescreen-like it

does not work.

Also if put in car dock it should start the car app automatic and connect to Bluetooth of car-dock too...

but this is not as annoying as the rotate behaviour.

Regards Aspi

Guest negreenfield

I had a couple of FCs and a crash that required a battery pull after updating to today's build, after rebooting a couple of times everything seems ok. I'll keep an eye out for the rest of the day.

Guest ChrisSpera
Hi All...

I just found that the car app is not reacting on rotating the phone.

So if I want to use my phone in the car and use I'd widescreen-like it

does not work.

Also if put in car dock it should start the car app automatic and connect to Bluetooth of car-dock too...

but this is not as annoying as the rotate behaviour.

Regards Aspi

Paul,

let me know when you get a chance to look at this. I can give you specific feedback on how Car Home and this ROM work with the Car Dock.

Guest micromod777
Cool MM... what did you change?

P

I used services.jar (modified by eVil for Wifi-Hotfix) and wifirouter.apk from v1.18 of eVil's Desire Port based off 2.14.207.1., and used sng's sense_powermenu_rebootdlg_2.09.405.8 hack.

Took a while to figure out how to get this combo working just right for the fix.

Guest ssmithri2
I used services.jar (modified by eVil for Wifi-Hotfix) and wifirouter.apk from v1.18 of eVil's Desire Port based off 2.14.207.1., and used sng's sense_powermenu_rebootdlg_2.09.405.8 hack.

Took a while to figure out how to get this combo working just right for the fix.

Would it be possible to repost/host the fix file? The media fire link is not working.

Thanks!