HTC launch the Desire HD (formerly known as the HTC Ace)

Guest PaulOBrien

desirehd.png

HTC have today announced the Desire HD (codenamed the HTC Ace), an Android equipped phone with top end specifications built around a stunning 4.3" SLCD screen.

Specifications include...

• 1 GHz processor
  • Android 2.2 (Froyo) with HTC Sense

• Internal phone storage: 1.5 GB

• RAM: 768 MB
  • 123 x 68 x 11.8 mm (4.84 x 2.68 x 0.46 inches)
  • 164 grams (5.78 ounces) with battery

• 4.3-inch SLCD touch screen with 480 x 800 resolution
  • HSPA/WCDMA: • Europe/Asia: 900/2100 MHz • Upload speed of up to 5.76 Mbps and download speed of up to 14.4 Mbps
  • Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
  • Internal GPS antenna
  • G-Sensor
  • Digital compass
  • Proximity sensor
  • Ambient light sensor
  • Bluetooth® 2.1 with FTP/OPP for file transfer, A2DP for wireless stereo headsets, and PBAP for phonebook access from the car kit
  • IEEE 802.11b/g/n WiFi
  • 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
  • Standard micro-USB (5-pin micro-USB 2.0)

• 8.0 megapixel color camera with auto focus and 2x LED flashlight
  • 720p HD video recording
  • Audio supported formats - Playback: .aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma (Windows Media Audio 9) • Recording: .amr
  • Video supported formats - Playback: .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9), .avi (MP4 ASP and MP3), .xvid (MP4 ASP and MP3) • Recording: .3gp
  • 1230 mAh battery
  • Talk time: Up to 320 minutes for WCDMA, Up to 550 minutes for GSM
  • Standby time: Up to 490 hours for WCDMA, Up to 420 hours for GSM
  • microSD expansion (SD 2.0 compatible)
  • 100 ~ 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz DC output: 5 V and 1 A AC adaptor

• Dolby® Mobile and SRS surround sound
  • Share pictures, video or music to your big screen TV or PC display via DLNA® (Digital Living Network Alliance)

The device is running HTC's custom 'Sense' UI layer, enhanced with a number of new widgets and applications, including a tool to migrate content from competing devices (including the Apple iPhone). The Desire HD sits at the top of HTC's newly rounded out device lineup, above the Desire and the newly announce, QWERTY equipped Desire Z.

More details to follow, watch this space! :lol:

P

desirehdopen.png

Guest Streetdaddy

"Standby time: Up to 490 hours for WCDMA, Up to 420 hours for GSM"

really love to know exactly how they calculate this... maybe with no 3G, no updates, no touching...

"Standby time: Up to 490 hours for WCDMA, Up to 420 hours for GSM"

really love to know exactly how they calculate this... maybe with no 3G, no updates, no touching...

Probably when battery is out from the phone and not in use..... Based on experience LOL

Guest mamoulian
The Desire HD sits at the top of HTC's newly rounded out device lineup, above the Desire and the newly announce, QWERTY equipped Desire Z.

Does it sit 'above' the Desire Z? I thought the Desire Z had a snazzy new processor, I'd assume that's better than the (a bit old now) Snapdragon @1Ghz?

Guest mjpower4

Holy Guacamole Batman - Check those specs and then errm .... the battery? Typical HTC potentially fab device hamstrung by low battery spec - A real shame. Htc and batteries must be like Nokia and internal ram = never enough. Similar story to HD2 last year :lol:

Guest Macker1973

This device has the new 45 nm Snapdragon with the Adreno 205 GPU. Not only is it faster but more power efficient. Bringing these devices up to par witht he Samsungs.

This device has the new 45 nm Snapdragon with the Adreno 205 GPU. Not only is it faster but more power efficient. Bringing these devices up to par witht he Samsungs.

kinda hoped to see a post like yours..which makes (htc)sense. i don't believe htc is that stupid to release a phone which will die on you in 10 min...

Guest mamoulian

Aha, good! :-)

Too many articles are just saying 'Snapdragon processor' without mentioning which one...

Source pls?

It's what will make me decide if i'll upgrade or not.. :-P

Guest HustlinDaily
WANT!!! If it supports AT&T 3G, of course.

Same. But this version is 900/2100 3G bands as it says in the first post.

Hopefully they make a North American version. This is my dream phone.

Same. But this version is 900/2100 3G bands as it says in the first post.

Hopefully they make a North American version. This is my dream phone.

But on the first page it says "Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz"

And yes, it is my dream phone too. I hate AT&T for skipping on Android and going for WP7, which isn't even "born" yet.

Guest HustlinDaily

That is the one area HTC went wrong.

Apple/Nokia/Acer are all making phones with quad band HSPA (well Acer is tri-band but I have found the 1900MHz band to be very strong on AT&T).

Hell even the Motorola Backflop is Quad-Band HSPA.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.