DesireZ US version Vs. rest of the world

Guest Phily

Is it true that the US version of the DesireZ will not have the SenseUI and the rest of world version will?

Also, is the US version GSM rather than CDMA? :lol: many questions!

Is it true that the US version of the DesireZ will not have the SenseUI and the rest of world version will?

Also, is the US version GSM rather than CDMA? :lol: many questions!

I think the US version AKA T-mobile G2 will not have SenseUI, just like the good old G1. However, given the hardware similarity between G2 and DesireZ (which are effectively identical as far as i understand it), I think it ll be a matter of (short) time before Sense ported over to G2.

No idea of the GSM/CDMA though

Edited by cezent

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gwanatu
I think the US version AKA T-mobile G2 will not have SenseUI, just like the good old G1. However, given the hardware similarity between G2 and DesireZ (which are effectively identical as far as i understand it), I think it ll be a matter of (short) time before Sense ported over to G2.

No idea of the GSM/CDMA though

This is correct. No SenseUI, which I'm actually kind of sad about because I love the way sense looks and works. Regardless I'll still be picking up the G2 this Sunday, can't wait!

Guest hillmie87

just read today the the US owners are complaining about the weak hinge problem and lower internal storage (they're supposed to get 4gb internal storage memory).

but the latter issue isnt relevant to us i think.

Guest k0nrad

The difference in hardware breaks down to few differently marked keys on pop-out keyboard I guess (and missing internal storage in some cases, but that's a different story).

• 1 month later...
Guest El Nino9
The difference in hardware breaks down to few differently marked keys on pop-out keyboard I guess (and missing internal storage in some cases, but that's a different story).

there's more

the network part of things. the following has been taken from the htc website

Desire z:

HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz

GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

the 3g frequencies used in uk are commonly those above on the bands. i beleive 2100 is what 3 use only.

the G2 has these specifications:

GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 UMTS: Yes

so where as not as detailed as the uk site on breaking down the bands, hspa/wcdma bands commonly in usa are run on 850 to the best of my knoweledge.

you all could also be nice and ask paul of modaco if his phone works with picking up hspa over here in the UK as he has a G2 :)

all in all the radio's will be slightly different. but hardware wise they are identical so in theory the sense ui can be ported on the device once a custom recovery can be written on the nand which is W.I.P

edit: t-mobile usa site states:

Band (frequency):850 MHz;900 MHz;1800 MHz;1900 MHz;UMTS: Band IV (1700/2100)

so in theory theirs has an extra band the 1700 but they do not have 900mhz for hspa

Edited by El Nino9