I just picked up my San Francisco! Findings as I go in here...

Guest PaulOBrien

How can a man of your talents be out of work?! Preposterous. I think I'll be swapping my Pulse for this if smartsim unlocker works so I can use it on o2. I don't support you can test that Paul?

I don't have a SmartSIM, sorry...

P

I've been thinking about upgrading from the Pulse for a while and I was thinking about the HTC Hero PAYG from 3 for £150. Is it worthwhile paying extra £50 for the Hero in comparison to the Blade or the WVGA AMOLED screen make the Blade a better experience? The Hero should have some life left as it supported by CyanogenMod but this early kernel source release makes Blade's future look rather promising.

The Hero is a great device, specs wise the SF is superior, particularly as you say that screen...

P

Rebuilt an insecure boot image and flashed it via fastboot (brave / stupid, you decide!)

It flashed OK... note that 'fastboot boot' returns 'OK' but doesn't actually boot.

The result of flashing the rebuilt boot image? Device won't boot any more. :lol: :)

P

Rebuilt an insecure boot image and flashed it via fastboot (brave / stupid, you decide!)

It flashed OK... note that 'fastboot boot' returns 'OK' but doesn't actually boot.

The result of flashing the rebuilt boot image? Device won't boot any more. :lol: :(

P

:) you broke it already?

I'm pretty sure that's not the problem... if I unpack and rebuild the recovery image, it boots as intended. It's just the normal boot image it doesn't like, it's weird! :lol:

P

Guest The Soup Thief

This is gripping stuff! I've been waiting for this to be released since reading about Project JAL back in July - really excited to find a hands on report of it. Rooting your new phone with it fresh out of the box? Hats off to ya!

Guest Frankish

I can't believe how fast this is moving. I reckon by the time my brother buys one of these (probably weekend!) Koush may already have Clockwork on it. I bet Paul will have a stock rom going on it too. Who knows what's next? Froyo? lol

Guest _melchett
IT'S ALIVE!

:lol:

P

Just me or did anyone immediately think of :

or

Now my pulse's screen is broken this could be a worthy replacement..... i think it'll have to be nicknamed Gordon!