I just picked up my San Francisco! Findings as I go in here...

Guest PaulOBrien

Re unlocking, What if you ring Orange on (I think) 450? They quoted me £15 the last time but that was at the end of a contract, they may expect you to have a PAYG for a minimum length of time or to have topped up by at least x amount.

The 'cost saving' on this phone is the CPU for sure... on the whole i'm seriously impressed tho.

P

It's not a bad CPU though and with a custom kernel could easily give it some moor oomph with a little overclock :lol:

Guest supertwisted
Re unlocking, What if you ring Orange on (I think) 450? They quoted me £15 the last time but that was at the end of a contract, they may expect you to have a PAYG for a minimum length of time or to have topped up by at least x amount.

Shop assistant said it needed to be connected for 3 months before they will unlock.

I'm hoping a third party solution will come along, but if not I can live with that - will just have to run a second phone with my 3 sim in it for a few months.

# cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor : ARMv6-compatible processor rev 5 (v6l)
BogoMIPS : 245.61
Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp java
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 6TEJ
CPU variant : 0x1
CPU part : 0xb36
CPU revision : 5

Hardware : blade ZTE handset
Revision : 0000
Serial : 0000000000000000
#[/code]

P

Guest pinkllama

could someone who's bought one comment on outdoors visibility please.

just had a look at a dummy one in my local orange shop - feels very good in the hand, better than the pulse for me due to it being slimmer. i think the screen has a different aspect ratio to the pulse, the San Fran screen seems a bit narrower (though slightly taller)

i was going to pick up the motorola defy next month when it's released, due to it having a 3.7" screen in a 107x59x13mm body, but it will probably be about £350.

the san fran at £110 is a steal. i will probably buy one after someone here gives it a positive review.

Once it appears on the Orange PAYG website there will be £12 cashback via QuidCo, which brings the effective cost down to £97!

P

Bargain!!!

Just wanna be able to use my o2 simplicity SIM in it!

So I have a pretty sweet 'debrand and optimise' pack, but pushing it without a custom recovery is potentially dangerous.

Shall I post it or not, that is the question!

It removes the Orange stuff, and adds back Email, Google Talk, Desk Clock, Car Home, updates Maps, Street and Voice Search. It also renames 'FMRadio' to 'FM Radio'. That annoys me. :lol:

P

Shop assistant said it needed to be connected for 3 months before they will unlock.

I'm hoping a third party solution will come along, but if not I can live with that - will just have to run a second phone with my 3 sim in it for a few months.

In that case, get a free SIM from anywhere that will let you port out right away, and ring Orange with the PUK code - should give you £10 bonus credit on the Orange SIM, to keep you going.

Edited by BlueDan

Guest HugoQueiriga
So I have a pretty sweet 'debrand and optimise' pack, but pushing it without a custom recovery is potentially dangerous.

Shall I post it or not, that is the question!

It removes the Orange stuff, and adds back Email, Google Talk, Desk Clock, Car Home, updates Maps, Street and Voice Search. It also renames 'FMRadio' to 'FM Radio'. That annoys me. :)

P

Do it ! Do it! Do it! lol

Sorry was watching Adam Sandler movie! :lol: