I just picked up my San Francisco! Findings as I go in here...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest flatnote31

TBH, I wouldn't bother...One can't expect such a device to have decent opticals...I'm quite fussy about my pictures, and no matter what, I'll always be comparing them to those I take with my DSLR, so I'm living with it.

umm...if only mobiles had interchangeable OS! I would get the N8 and throw android on it :lol:

may be oneday.....

Do you reckon fellows that in the near future we'll be able to assemble our mobile phones the way we do with pc's ??

Thought i'd add a few pic's taken today with the camera. never messed around with the setting was on the normal settings.

Some of the pic's look a bit dull but thats because of the weather here in Ireland B) Hope this helps with ppl with camera question about how good it is. B)

Edited by flatnote31

Guest mark2410

i think those pics look just fine, of course they dont compare to real camera but thats why i own a real camera, ive never use a phone cam for anything other than crap to stick on twitpic

Guest flatnote31

umm, but that's what this is all about...the "ULTIMATE" device, that can communicate, take pics n vids, play media, tether connections, text, baby sit, cool and preserve food, grow organic fruit n veg, give sponge baths, protect against germs and, last but not least, make a phone call every now and then.

i think those pics look just fine, of course they dont compare to real camera but thats why i own a real camera, ive never use a phone cam for anything other than crap to stick on twitpic

Do you think this phone could run the PSX emulator? Has anyone, or would someone mind trying please? :lol:
I doubt it. This is a mid-range phone with a good screen and a good amount of ram (for a very low price). It's not that fast though. The PSX emulator can have troubles even on an N1 which is much faster.

umm, but that's what this is all about...the "ULTIMATE" device, that can communicate, take pics n vids, play media, tether connections, text, baby sit, cool and preserve food, grow organic fruit n veg, give sponge baths, protect against germs and, last but not least, make a phone call every now and then.
Then you are looking in the wrong price range. B) Edited by blunden

Guest flatnote31
I doubt it. This is a mid-range phone with a good screen and a good amount of ram (for a very low price). It's not that fast though. The PSX emulator can have troubles even on an N1 which is much faster.

Then you are looking in the wrong price range. :lol:

read what I was commenting on B)

I read here that you can get a £20 discount if you work for the government aswell as the NHS... Don't know if it is true, but it's worth a try if anyone does (like me :lol:)!

Also, any issues with any of the software/apps?

Edited by tomjo7

Thanks Jim,

Excuse my ignorance... facetime? Wots this?

That's apple's probably patented word for video calling. It requires a front facing camera, which this doesn't have.

Edit - wow, this thread has moved fast :-) I'm still liking my SF; only problem I've noticed so far is that sometimes when it sleeps, it doesn't re-find my wi-fi when I wake it up, and I have to toggle the wifi off and back on. Is that an Android thing, or peculiar to my setup?

Edited by jim144

Guest HugoQueiriga
That's apple's probably patented word for video calling. It requires a front facing camera, which this doesn't have.

Edit - wow, this thread has moved fast :-) I'm still liking my SF; only problem I've noticed so far is that sometimes when it sleeps, it doesn't re-find my wi-fi when I wake it up, and I have to toggle the wifi off and back on. Is that an Android thing, or peculiar to my setup?

Have same issue, I also find that its wifi is weak compared to my other phones.

Guest Sebastian404
Have same issue, I also find that its wifi is weak compared to my other phones.

I had that problem yesterday, but today I cant get it to join my wifi network at all. and it seems I've used my all my data allowance for the month already in 3 days!

Actually, I just managed to join someone else's wifi network so it might be more a problem with the router here rather than the phone :!

Edited by Sebastian404

Thought i'd add a few pic's taken today with the camera. never messed around with the setting was on the normal settings.

Pic 1

Pic 2

etc

Some of the pic's look a bit dull but thats because of the weather here in Ireland B) Hope this helps with ppl with camera question about how good it is. :lol:

Those pics look fine to me, any chance you could up the settings? That resolution is closer to VGA than 3mp B)

I had that problem yesterday, but today I cant get it to join my wifi network at all. and it seems I've used my all my data allowance for the month already in 3 days!

Actually, I just managed to join someone else's wifi network so it might be more a problem with the router here rather than the phone :!

Your wifi isn't 02 by any chance is it? Heard orange don't like that..

Guest Sebastian404
Your wifi isn't 02 by any chance is it? Heard orange don't like that..

I'm staying with family right now, so its not my Wifi exactly... I thought it was an Apple Extreme, but apparently its a NetGear box..

Now Im being told its 'some times flakey' so I dunno anymore. Hopefully I'll get it onto my network when I'm home :lol:

Guest blackmath

Anyone know how to get hold of orange messenger powered by windows live? Android lacks an official windows live app and so this was a major plus. Yet it isn't anywhere to be found.

Guest Danh2122

So paul, a few questions

On a scale of 10 how good is it compared to a Nexus one? (if it gets 5+ its good for the price)

Is it worth buying?

Will there be Rooting and Custom Roms Coming?

I'm looking for something cheap to replace my pulse mini, Is it worth it?

P.s if i get it i'll unlock it and put it on T-mobile

Guest tonemgub1

Sorry, but what do you guys mean by wifi limit? How can there be a limit to the amount of wifi you use, isn't that already paid for?

Also, would this be able to play 720p videos?

Guest Sebastian404
Sorry, but what do you guys mean by wifi limit? How can there be a limit to the amount of wifi you use, isn't that already paid for?

Also, would this be able to play 720p videos?

Well my issue is that even when I'm sitting a few inches from my Wifi Access point it said the signal was 'low', but all the other devices I have work fine.

The problem I have now is that it wont even join the access point, and while I could connect to someone else's it dropped off shortly afterwards...

Im not at home right now, so its hard for me to say, but I'll give it a better test when I'm home.

Well my issue is that even when I'm sitting a few inches from my Wifi Access point it said the signal was 'low', but all the other devices I have work fine.

The problem I have now is that it wont even join the access point, and while I could connect to someone else's it dropped off shortly afterwards...

Im not at home right now, so its hard for me to say, but I'll give it a better test when I'm home.

I have exactly the same problem. I wonder if this is hardware issue? I hope not :lol:

WIFI Access Fine for me here too!

Nope, 2 bars touched to NETGEAR antenna. No WI-FI outside the room including the loo lol.

Might be faulty device? Will check tomorrow on full charge and if necessary will visit orange shop on Monday.

Edited by GGR

Guest Modmedia
Nope, 2 bars touched to NETGEAR antenna. No WI-FI outside the room including the loo lol.

Strange I'm at the other end of a house with plenty of thick brick walls and I'm still 2/3 bars.

Strange I'm at the other end of a house with plenty of thick brick walls and I'm still 2/3 bars.

Could be my NETGEAR router, but never had any issues with other devices so far.

edit: Now I am sure it is not my router because can't see other APs around as well :lol:.

Edited by GGR