[OLED] 04/Oct r3: Superboot Root + MCRi

Guest PaulOBrien

Quick one - when I type fastboot-mac reboot all I get is:

ERROR: could not clear input pipe; result -536870163< waiting for device >

Any ideas?

Edited by tommyj

"•From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!)"

Can you elaborate on this please Paul? Do i open a command prompt from accessories or somewhere else? Its the (at the directory containing these new files!) Thats got me confused. Ive never done anything like this before and dont want to ruin my new phone.

Thanks

Guest amardilo

Great guide. I managed to root my phone and get all of those unwanted Orange apps off of there.

The weather app now actually knows where I am and the Mail/email app doesn't crash on the validating email section.

Any ideas on how I remove those demo games to free up some extra room?

Guest RussellD

Having a bit of a problem with the initial step on a mac. I navigate to my fastboot directory in terminal then enter "fastboot-mac flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2.img".

Terminal then sends back "-bash: fastboot-mac: command not found"

Any ideas please?

Having a bit of a problem with the initial step on a mac. I navigate to my fastboot directory in terminal then enter "fastboot-mac flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2.img".

Terminal then sends back "-bash: fastboot-mac: command not found"

Any ideas please?

try this - instead of navigating to your fastboot directory, place the directory in your user folder and use something along the lines of the following:

enter this from the root folder:

/Users/RussellD/fastboot-mac flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2.img

worked for me

Guest RussellD

Edit:

Tried what tommyj suggested but I'm now getting "error: cannot load 'boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2.img"

Any ideas please?

Edited by RussellD

Edit:

Tried what tommyj suggested but I'm now getting "error: cannot load 'boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2.img"

Any ideas please?

This is how I got it to work.

I open terminal and get this:

joseph-calverts-macbook:~ josephcalvert$

I then typed cd /users/josephcalvert/fastboot and hit return

Next I typed ./fastboot-mac ,return

Then ./fastboot-mac flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2.img and it worked :lol:

Hope that makes sense? When I tried it without putting ./ before fastboot-mac I was getting the same errors you are

Edited by joe998

Edit:

Any ideas please?

make sure the boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2.img file is in your root directory, not inside the fastboot directory... I think.

make sure the boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2.img file is in your root directory, not inside the fastboot directory... I think.

I had to drop the boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2.img file into the fastboot folder to get it to work.

Guest RussellD

joe998's solution worked. :lol:

However something seems to have gone wrong as the phone now just sticks at the orange logo. B)

Have checked the mcri-system.tar.gz file on the SD card, and the filename has been renamed. Did an erase of user data but it didn't make any difference.

I'm downloading the stock system image at the moment in the hope that will bring it back to life. If anyone has any suggestions in the interim they'd be much appreciated as I'm slightly worried that I have a £100 paperweight. B)

joe998's solution worked. :lol:

However something seems to have gone wrong as the phone now just sticks at the orange logo. B)

Have checked the mcri-system.tar.gz file on the SD card, and the filename has been renamed. Did an erase of user data but it didn't make any difference.

I'm downloading the stock system image at the moment in the hope that will bring it back to life. If anyone has any suggestions in the interim they'd be much appreciated as I'm slightly worried that I have a £100 paperweight. B)

How big was the file you transfered to your SD? I know my macbook unzips all the files I download and puts the orginal file in trash. I then have to go into trash and move the file to my desktop and delete the unzipped file. I have no idea why it does this???

Anyway the tar.gz file you put on your SD card should be around 82mb

My tar.gz file is 142.9mb. Hmmm.

The tar.gz file I flashed was 86.5mb, I just checked it on my SD.

Go into your trash and see if the original unzipped file you downloaded it there. Thats the one you want to flash

Edited by joe998

I get the same message, error canot load etc, sure I am doing it right too?

Edit that, done it now I spelt the command correctly lol. Rom time now!

Edited by waj1234

Managed to get it back to stock. phew :lol:

I'll have to d/l the custom rom again as I must have had the wrong one or something.

Cheers for the help. B)

No worries

Are you using safari? I've just tried downloading the file with firefox and it doesn't unzip the file B)

Guest neologan

Can someone tell me where I put these files? It must just be me but the instructions don't seem to say and i don't know where. What goes on the phone, what goes in a dir on the PC?